Thread: Fortified weapons should be better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fortified weapons should be better

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that fortified weapons should be better. I'll use the fortified battle axe as an example. Right now it has slightly more damage, 2 more str, 2 more h/s, and 2 more armor than the fury fighter battle axe. But the ff axe has 6% dodge and 6m/s that the fortified doesn't have. To me and many others the gains with fortified weapons aren't worth the losses in dodge and m/s. Other weapons and armor/etc are similarly not worth fortifying because of the losses. I think fortifying should be worth the time it takes to gather all the components. I suggest that fortified weapons retain all the bonuses of the previous item and also add the damage and other bonuses. The fortifying idea is great but make it worth our time please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Why do u think many says : "Do not craft ur items"? Because of that u used as example..
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

same as MM gear.. do not craft, u lose the 8 M/s and gain 8 H/s instead.. doh..

a pure mage has 400 base health and 720+ base mana.. like im really gonna survive with 400 health when im in BS... even with 35 H/s.
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Crafting I don't think was added to make get better as much as different so you can have more options with top tier gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Crafting I don't think was added to make get better as much as different so you can have more options with top tier gear.
    Agree here.

Though I won't deny, the cost and process to craft an item just isn't worth the change or additional stats, YET I hope.

Not just Fortified should be better, but crafting in general. It's still the first version though, and no iterations have been made to the items whatsoever, so I'm sure they'd get better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I have crafted the sets of all 3 classes and am using them to play with.

I did it mainly out of boredom and because I was curious about how it would handle in real games. Instead of looking to it on paper and saying that crafting sucks, I wanted to experience it first-hand.

And although certainly not for everyone, for my playstyle, I like all 3 crafted sets better than the original. I hope to have some time later to make a topic about it, because I can't help to think that there are others who would actually appreciate it more than some here might think. This has everything to do with personal preference and playstyle of course, so I'm only talking from my own perspective here.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!