Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Call of Champions Alpha Eligibility

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Some criteria for StS applicants:
    1.PvP leader board Player considered first that also have positive KDR
    2. Any AL player should have a minimum 20k for or 20k tdm kills and positive kdr
    3. If you are applying post your PvP kills proudly here
    4. Only end game pvp players considered
    5. Describe in detail your previous MOBA experience
    6.Must have clean reputation
    7. Link recent threads that highlight your ability to grasp game mechanics, bugs that you personally have found, and pvp tournaments you have participated in.

STS I would create a point based system based on these factors and select the highest point players.

For nomination I say Zeus because he is the epitome of a PvP player and he will truly give the feedback you are looking for. He also has enough maturity to take this role humbly and not exploit it in the community. I feel he can be competitive with the other professional gamers you are bringing in for Alpha.

For Alpha it truly needs to be the top PvP players, as you go through the testing then you should include a broader range of gamers with different experiences. Good luck guys!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Default Call of Champions Alpha Eligibility

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    2. Any AL player should have a minimum 20k for or 20k tdm kills and positive kdr

STS I would create a point based system based on these factors and select the highest point players.

For Alpha it truly needs to be the top PvP players, as you go through the testing then you should include a broader range of gamers with different experiences. Good luck guys!!
    While I agree with the point of the message, having a lot of kills or being on a leaderboard does not display much mechanical knowledge. I think forum/tourny backgrounds are more important than statistical background of playing a ton and killing a lot.

Bolded is what a alpha should be.
    Last edited by Roberto077; 04-08-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Roberto077 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    he was already nominated more then once and i fully support that.
    current ign is not asphynxia anymore.
    i leave it up to him to reveal his new name.
    yupp leave up to him for his new name to reveal.. THis (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-current-bugs) is what it stands for asphy

There are so many dedicated players for STG..
    But there few exceptional in game.. I would prefer Ravagerx,shiny,serancha ,raregem,Kalizza,Avaree, conradev whom i have been around 2 years in AL. Zues too ...even i didnot play with him..I like few posts posted by him.

IGN : Bluesparky

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluesparky For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    While I agree with the point of the message, having a lot of kills or being on a leaderboard does not display much mechanical knowledge. I think forum/tourny backgrounds are more important than statistical background of playing a ton and killing a lot.
    No sts is bringing in some of the best moba gamers out there. The sts players selected for Alpha truly need to have proven their skills already here with experience in pvp, not just avid formers with low actual pvp experience. I can't wait to see Zeus battle it out with those guys!!!! I'm sure it will be on twitch, we don't want our nabs out there for alpha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

7. Link recent threads that highlight your ability to grasp game mechanics, bugs that you personally have found, and pvp tournaments you have participated in.

For nomination I say Zeus because he is the epitome of a PvP player and he will truly give the feedback you are looking for. He also has enough maturity to take this role humbly and not exploit it in the community. I feel he can be competitive with the other professional gamers you are bringing in for Alpha.

Pvp leaderboard, atleast in AL, is about 80% time, 15% gear, and 5% actual skill.
    Not saying that the pvp LB is BAD, just staying that being on the LB for a MMO with hard-to-get gear, with a LB that never resets between seasons, really shows very little of how good you are in a MOBA, it shows more how much time and Money you have.

Oh and also why no twinks? I dont get that part, not even sarcasm or something, i just dont understand why lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

No sts is bringing in some of the best moba gamers out there. The sts players selected for Alpha truly need to have proven their skills already here with experience in pvp, not just avid formers with low actual pvp experience. I can't wait to see Zeus battle it out with those guys!!!! I'm sure it will be on twitch, we don't want our nabs out there for alpha.
    I'm just saying essentially what the post above this says. Ignore the leaderboards of AL because gear determines the leaderboard more than PvP prowess.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Measuring who should it shouldn't be included based on LB and kills would be an epic fail!

The majority of the LB players are there for one of two reasons. They have simply played this game longer than other and amassed more kills as a result or they were twinks at one point and racked up an enormous amount of kills before moving to the end game. I personally see many players with amazing KDR that have very little skill and never participate in a pro clash.

As Zeus suggested and some else added we should have pvp competition with equal gear to truly show who is the best of the best.

Ign: Centergy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

I didn't say only leader board players but it should me a factor because it proves someone has experience. You guys they are bringing in professional gamers. We need stringent criteria of picking out elite few to represent our community.

Anyways I gotta get in the office. My point is that we need to establish some serious guidelines to pick the best pvp people in AL and sts games.
    Last edited by Candylicks; 04-08-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    1) Alpha will last approximately 2.5 months.
    2) We will support both Apple and Android. Preference for higher-end devices. This is because the game is not graphically optimized yet, not because we won't support lower end devices when we ship.
    3) Yes, we're still working out exactly where/ when but we do want you to be able to show others what is happening.

These will never change, this prestige will be theirs permanently.
    Sounds Good though YouTube or Twitch might be some good options as they are the most popular.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

I didn't say only leader board players but it should me a factor because it proves someone has experience. You guys they are bringing in professional gamers. We need stringent criteria of picking out elite few to represent our community. My point is that we need to establish some serious guidelines to pick the best pvp people in AL and sts games.
    Very good point. I truly believe that many of you are as good as professional gamers, and will be able to hold your own.

If we were to have a PvP contest, how would we determine the participants and what do you folks think the format should be?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

my reason is: i want to play it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Very good point. I truly believe that many of you are as good as professional gamers, and will be able to hold your own.

If we were to have a PvP contest, how would we determine the participants and what do you folks think the format should be?
    A PvP contest that should be like everyone who wanna participate should fight with same gear.

Actually I don't like contest Idea because AL PvP is different for CoC PvP in CoC we level up and fight at the same time and here in AL the one with best gear wins if he plays well.

Rogue with neckro is Immue 90% of times.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Maybe a series of 2vs2 matches with limited gear would be a good Idea to determine the worthy candidates. I think this is faster and easier to organize then full team matches, so a bigger pool of contestants is possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Can we know when will this alpha server start at least in which month?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Will a tournament in AL even judge how good someone would be at a MOBA? It would seem to me that it would be quite different. It is a death match style gameplay vs. a more strategy minded game, where dying isn't the end all be all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Guys, keep in mind that this is ALPHA TESTING, not a "can you hang with the Professionals" competition.

The purpose of early alpha testing is to evaluate game mechanics, troubleshoot core gaming issues, provide feedback on gameplay, latency, playability, leveling, enjoyment, etc.

This is not a contest to just to see who is top dog in a pre-release Moba.

As such, players should be selected based on how they can evaluate the metrics and mechanics of the game. This does not exclude AL's top PvP-ers per-se, but stay focused on the purpose of what an alpha test is supposed to be about...

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Will a tournament in AL even judge how good someone would be at a MOBA? It would seem to me that it would be quite different. It is a death match style gameplay vs. a more strategy minded game, where dying isn't the end all be all.
    Yes this is exactly what I mean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prahasit Prahi View Post
    Yes this is exactly what I mean.
    Right, someone who is excellent at PvP in AL, could be merely average in CoC. It's a very different gameplay style.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Guys, keep in mind that this is ALPHA TESTING, not a "can you hang with the Professionals" competition.

The purpose of early alpha testing is to evaluate game mechanics, troubleshoot core gaming issues, provide feedback on gameplay, latency, playability, leveling, enjoyment, etc.

This is not a contest to just to see who is top dog in a pre-release Moba.

As such, players should be selected based on how they can evaluate the metrics and mechanics of the game. This does not exclude AL's top PvP-ers per-se, but stay focused on the purpose of what an alpha test is supposed to be about...

of course it needs both: dedicated pvpers who can give feedback on the skillsystem, balance,... , and proven bug testers who can give qualified feedback on the technical aspects.

not all slots need to be set on a tourney, but maybe a few.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Honestly IMO in AL PvP it is hard to measure who is "pro". You have your kill farmers, gangers and spawners.

I don't think the LB are a sure way to judge who should be able to participate. For example someone who spawned killed their way up on the lb and constantly leaves matches to keep a good K/D ratio proves they are better just because they are on the lb?(I am not saying that all or even half of lb players do this) This leaves the person who actually has deaths and fights out the matches sitting in the corner because they choose not to spawn people and didn't run at the first sign of death.

If there is an AL PvP tourney for this then all the players need to be provided gear from Sts weapon-pendant. No gems allowed and everyone should have to use the same pet (Malison maybe). That puts everyone on equal footing and will give a chance to show true skill vs who has 8 paras, 4 eyes and a nekro.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post: