Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: L20 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Default L20 mage

Looking forward to hopping into the low levels with the almighty founders people, any tips and build suggestions? Estimated gear prices, ring suggestions, what not, anything would be nice. Thanks for the tips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Fbow, paw or str platpack works nicely.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to End For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I use- 6 of both debuffs, 6 heal and 1 light.
    Plat pack arm + pink 20 paw.
    You last a long time

Worst sig EU, got bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motivating View Post
    I use- 6 of both debuffs, 6 heal and 1 light.
    Plat pack arm + pink 20 paw.
    You last a long time
    I highly don't recommend this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Budapest View Post
    I highly don't recommend this.
    It has worked.
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post
    It has worked.
    You will lose to almost anyone that carries an Fbow. You will lose to any class that has Heal. You also cannot kite, so you'll be destroyed even harder when being teamed, and if you are unfortunate enough to miss a heal, there's no way you can survive after missing it. In fact, the only thing that build can probably beat is Foxes...I'd like to know what "it has worked" on.

Los Angeles, Korea. umm wait that seems a little off
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

5heal 5fire 6light 1 ice 1icestorm 1 drain
    That's what I used on my Dex mage
    Works well with both paw and fbow

FONDLING, CARESSED, GROPED, BUSTING, JIGGLING, CRUELAID

BOO!

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

You will lose to almost anyone that carries an Fbow. Wrong. You will lose to any class that has Heal. Wrong. You also cannot kite, so you'll be destroyed even harder when being teamed, (I cant tell whether you're tapped in the head or if you're trolling, either way... Wrong. and if you are unfortunate enough to miss a heal, there's no way you can survive after missing it. In fact, the only thing that build can probably beat is Foxes...I'd like to know what "it has worked" on. Show me these foxes? I know that with said build I can tank & beat all/most of the hammer foxes at 22 ?

66/511 is the standard 20 str mage build, if you, like me, prefer more kiteability & less tank swap 1 Bov to 1 icestorm. Yes, I said icestorm, even those these are mana tanks they still do not need this much armor, yea it'll be harder during the rage/unBoV period but its do-able. If you are really keen to be the best etc, "of greatness" is the best type for tank as it gives the most armor. A mashup of conqueror's and guru will give you the best hit/crit as well as the best mana.
    I highly recommend getting purp 20 paw first as it gives more m/s & I'm pretty sure more armor, even if it doesn't its cheaper & considering you're new to 20 you might regret shelling out a ton of money for something in a level you dont like (if you can find one).
    ohhh also, with regards to rings, get 67 str & rest on int, use the 3m/s int ring appropriately, same with the 5 armor 1ms 1hs str ring. P.S you could utilise the 2 crit/hit +2m/s dmg rings effectively too

little side tip, make all bears rage before you use BoV otherwise they could stall buff, & it just minimalises the time you are unbuffed & them buffed.
    Check out my Step By Step L.15 Mage Guide

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Etarbitrev View Post
    You will lose to almost anyone that carries an Fbow. Wrong. You will lose to any class that has Heal. Wrong. You also cannot kite, so you'll be destroyed even harder when being teamed, (I cant tell whether you're tapped in the head or if you're trolling, either way... Wrong. and if you are unfortunate enough to miss a heal, there's no way you can survive after missing it. In fact, the only thing that build can probably beat is Foxes...I'd like to know what "it has worked" on. Show me these foxes? I know that with said build I can tank & beat all/most of the hammer foxes at 22 ?

You will lose to almost anyone that carries an Fbow. Wrong. Yes, you are wrong. You will lose to any class that has Heal. Wrong. Yes, you are wrong. You also cannot kite, so you'll be destroyed even harder when being teamed, (I cant tell whether you're tapped in the head or if you're trolling, either way... Wrong. Yes, you are wrong, and as for the beginning sentence, I can't tell whether or not you're the most ignorant mage with 15k kills I've met, or just irrationally set to one opinion because your "friend" said it, but regardless, you are wrong. and if you are unfortunate enough to miss a heal, there's no way you can survive after missing it. In fact, the only thing that build can probably beat is Foxes...I'd like to know what "it has worked" on. Funny, you didn't reply to half of this said message? I suppose you had enough logical thinking to the missing heal part to know it was true. Show me these foxes? I know that with said build I can tank & beat all/most of the hammer foxes at 22. Wrong. And if you actually believe you can tank, & beat every fox, I will make one, gather a few others, and we can test this oh so, "almighty" build. In fact, let's test it against everything I've put in this comment. You also failed to tell me why I was wrong, but I could care less for irrational statements, like the ones in your comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Right cool, before you get all angry at me. I would put it into words but I'd much prefer to show you ig. As I've said in god knows how many threads, I've spent literally all my time of PL in 15-20 PvP, I originally started as a 20 mage, so considering I've been doing this before you knew what a plat pack was, dont get on your high horse.

P.S I'll happily prove it ig, When I'm vsing all of this group of foxies, remember that they're 2 lvls higher & have their best skill & I dont at 20. (Not that it should matter)
    P.S.S I've got 17.2k actually

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Etarbitrev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

And to future clarify, I'm just saying a int/dex mage with a decent level of BoV can get more armor than you, more heals than you, and can kite with the appropriate build. Your mage would be somewhat hard to drop, however in a team fight, you will not have the damage that needs to be dealt, and all of your debuffs will be healable. I will give you a perfect scenario.

Your Mage with said build, & gear + 20 Fbow Bear Vs My Mage with said build/stats + 20 Fbow Bear

In this scenario, you most likely will not win. I have the same armor as you, if not, then more for an instance which puts you at a hard disadvantage, better heals than you, and more ranged skills to use. The fact you lack any ice whatsoever ever in that build, leaves you vulnerable to be kited, and allows your bear to not be able to deal more damage, meaning even lesser damage that's being dealt on your part, even if you manage to land your debuffs which are healable and have a 6m+8m range...they'll only be useful for a max of 4 seconds (whatever heal's cooldown is) if you can even get close enough to me to hit them. That is why I highly do not recommend said build for team fights since you found what I said to be "tapped in the head" or "trolling".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Woah woah... Wait wait wait. Are you talking about MY build? Or the build that you called bad that I said isn't bad.
    because just to clarify, I've done both Dexintress & strenchtress, I agree Dex is better, but str is more convenient, I never said str is better than dex.

also, I HIGHLY disagree with your last comment a str mage with mass armor & 6 heal? LOL, sorry if I'm sounding arrogant but what tf armor do you use if you can get your armor to a buff str mage's armor whilst you're on a dex mage..?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

I'm a mong. Complete and utter ****tard, LOLOLOLOLOL didn't realise he said debuffs lol thats probs the most successful troll you've ever done evil XD
    sorry about the arguement, I thought he said... 6 heal 5 BoV 1 fire 1 frost 6 light. Read my comment when I talk about the average 20 mage builds & you'll see this XD
    still though if you're willing to insist that 6 heal 5 BoV 1 fire 1 frost 6 light cant beat 22 foxes & /or you want to do that bear + mage 2v2 I'll be happy to oblige

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Right cool, before you get all angry at me. I would put it into words but I'd much prefer to show you ig. As I've said in god knows how many threads, I've spent literally all my time of PL in 15-20 PvP, I originally started as a 20 mage, so considering I've been doing this before you knew what a plat pack was, dont get on your high horse.

P.S I'll happily prove it ig, When I'm vsing all of this group of foxies, remember that they're 2 lvls higher & have their best skill & I dont at 20. (Not that it should matter)
    P.S.S I've got 17.2k actually
    Such disrespect. Before you go waving your wand around speaking as if you know everything about 15-20 PvP, and about me, please understand ego isn't a skill. You do not know everything about 15-20 PvP regardless of what you think. Also as a side note: Please learn who someone is before speaking to them as if you know their PL timeline in full, playtime of PL, and how old they are based on an opinion, or forum join date. You do not know who I am, nor do you know how long I've been playing PL for (2010, now you know!), and you most likely don't even know one of my old Lv15-20 PvP IGNs. So don't speak out of thin air when you have no information on me, thanks.

P.S I don't really care? You said you're unbeatable to every 22 Hammer Fox, let us test that statement. I'm also going to use a Mint Cutter, not Hammer. I prefer not wasting plat on a level so mildly exciting.
    P.S.S I have 3 characters with a lot more kills than that.

EDIT: Meh, never mind.
    Last edited by Budapest; 04-14-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Woah woah... Wait wait wait. Are you talking about MY build? Or the build that you called bad that I said isn't bad.
    because just to clarify, I've done both Dexintress & strenchtress, I agree Dex is better, but str is more convenient, I never said str is better than dex.

also, I HIGHLY disagree with your last comment a str mage with mass armor & 6 heal? LOL, sorry if I'm sounding arrogant but what tf armor do you use if you can get your armor to a buff str mage's armor whilst you're on a dex mage..?
    I'm a mong. Complete and utter ****tard, LOLOLOLOLOL didn't realise he said debuffs lol thats probs the most successful troll you've ever done evil XD
    sorry about the arguement, I thought he said... 6 heal 5 BoV 1 fire 1 frost 6 light. Read my comment when I talk about the average 20 mage builds & you'll see this XD
    still though if you're willing to insist that 6 heal 5 BoV 1 fire 1 frost 6 light cant beat 22 foxes & /or you want to do that bear + mage 2v2 I'll be happy to oblige
    Okay then...I rather not remake a 20-22 just for the sake of a one time 2v2. Thanks anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

So who are you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Budapest I could spend hours upon hours insulting you but it will only lead to an infraction. I honestly think you are special though, I find it funny because I've killed multiple 20 bears with this despite the fact that I did it for a laugh. You should really try things before you say they are bad. Also the fact you say you don't even have a 20, I could do fine with almost any build with 6heal str arm and a 20pink paw.

Worst sig EU, got bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Budapest View Post
    Okay then...I rather not remake a 20-22 just for the sake of a one time 2v2. Thanks anyways.
    If you are so old, why is your account so new. Most of us will choose to not believe that you are older than vert or that you are 2010 until you show evidence.

I also feel the need to mention that being old doesn't make you good or smart. What makes someone "good" or "smart" at PL isn't because they are old rather they work their butts off perfecting their classes. In conclusion of this paragraph, saying you are old doesn't make you Zeus or invertibrate.

Lastly, invertibrate has played 15-20 mage for as long as or longer than I have been in the pvp scene (2012) and, while he isn't as old as some, he still beats plenty.
    In fact, he is considered one of the best 15 mages of all time
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I'm better. He sucks

Worst sig EU, got bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

This argument ended a while ago, but since all of you have another 2 coins to put into the slot machine, then let's do this!

Budapest I could spend hours upon hours insulting you but it will only lead to an infraction. I honestly think you are special though, I find it funny because I've killed multiple 20 bears with this despite the fact that I did it for a laugh. You should really try things before you say they are bad. Also the fact you say you don't even have a 20, I could do fine with almost any build with 6heal str arm and a 20pink paw.
    What can you insult me on? My own opinions? That's quite pathetic honestly... if you cannot accept one's opinions and speak on it in a respectable way, then why are you on forums?

Definition of Special:
    1. better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.
    2. exceptionally good or precious.

So thank you for thinking I was "special", brings tears to my eyes that you can muster up some brain to come up with something logical! Now back on topic.

If you have beaten any Bear with that said build, would you care to give me their IGNs, Gear Setups, & their KDRs? Also, if you have beaten so many Bears with that said build, you can beat mine too right? I'll make it, just to fight you. I'll even use a Lv.10 Forgotten Bow to give you more of a fighting chance if you'd like. I also don't speak on things unless I'm quite sure of the outcome, or have tried them for myself, and I myself, can say that build is horrid. I'm sure invertibrate can agree since you're so fond of him, and only would enjoy "insulting" me as you've said.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post
    If you are so old, why is your account so new. Most of us will choose to not believe that you are older than vert or that you are 2010 until you show evidence.

I also feel the need to mention that being old doesn't make you good or smart. What makes someone "good" or "smart" at PL isn't because they are old rather they work their butts off perfecting their classes. In conclusion of this paragraph, saying you are old doesn't make you Zeus or invertibrate.

Lastly, invertibrate has played 15-20 mage for as long as or longer than I have been in the pvp scene (2012) and, while he isn't as old as some, he still beats plenty.
    In fact, he is considered one of the best 15 mages of all time
    My account? My forum one? Well, my forum account is new because I hadn't much purpose for arguments such as these, so I tended to try and avoid forums completely. Forums are also quite useless when you have a friend that looks through them for anything interesting, which for me, are only tournaments, and items. But that said friend has now flew from the nest of PL, and is currently pursuing his dreams, so I was basically forced to make this account, since you require so much backstory. On my PL account, I can show you all of my characters that sum up for about 150k+ PvP kills (including ctf), and my founder shield if that helps more?

I never said anything about me being "old", I'm only a 17 year old Hungarian. Also, me even saying my beginning year of PL was to reply to invertibrate's statement: "so considering I've been doing this before you knew what a plat pack was, dont get on your high horse." So please...double read before assuming things. I also do not want to be "Zeus", or "Invertibrate", I'm me, myself and I.

Ok? What does that have to do with anything...? I never said his words were false besides in the argument about the build Motivating posted because I was sure I was correct. As said before: "I don't speak on things unless I'm quite sure of the outcome, or have tried them for myself", that's something I've attained throughout my years of PL, experience and rational thinking. Please don't doubt me, especially when you all do not know me. If anything, I can be a "Zeus", or "Invertibrate", or even better if I actually cared that much to give tips to newbies and pros alike.

I'm better. He sucks
    Not sure if that was to me, or invertibrate, but whatever floats your boat.