Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lowering Dodge Rates For Bears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

str has advantage over non str, but itopeo has a point, pallies r op, not because they just equip a str set, more because it dont suppress their main abilities like high dmg per skill and mana output, their main skill is enough to 2-3 hit kill non strs

Overall I would say it'a really not ez to balance things, that's complicated and messed up not just sets, not just even classes, it's deeper.

Whatever, even just suppressing dodge would do great relief to pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Would you rather see str sets get a big dodge nerf, or see pallies and bears lose their damage output?
    attachment.jpeg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anahadaz View Post
    Would you rather see str sets get a big dodge nerf, or see pallies and bears lose their damage output?
    Definitely the damage output, If you cant kill you'll move over to int and dex sets almost no one would play pally if their damage output is lowered. And i think the pallies need the damage lowering more than bears because otherwise you will always see those Lustrous Dex set Bears. And vs a bird you only have to hit auto and beckon and the fight is over..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Well as a beastly warbird i fought a 66 tiki bear and he cc'd me around for like 5 minutes before i managed to dodge 2 of his hellscreams in a row and do my full combo.
    The bear debuffs and high crit make them op

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draoscao View Post
    Definitely the damage output, If you cant kill you'll move over to int and dex sets almost no one would play pally if their damage output is lowered. And i think the pallies need the damage lowering more than bears because otherwise you will always see those Lustrous Dex set Bears. And vs a bird you only have to hit auto and beckon and the fight is over..
    Yeah. I remember someone suggesting taking the dodge from all sets and adding dodge to the dodge classes buffs, but can you imagine swift bears running around with 80+ dodge?
    attachment.jpeg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itoopeo View Post
    Well as a beastly warbird i fought a 66 tiki bear and he cc'd me around for like 5 minutes before i managed to dodge 2 of his hellscreams in a row and do my full combo.
    The bear debuffs and high crit make them op

You must just be inexperienced as a warbird then. Repulse then both Roots + Blind, then Break + Shat + Blast could have easily beaten that bear in 10 seconds or less. Even if you were hit by HS, while buffed you still have around 90%+ hit.

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

True^, but after doing 66 warbird (idk if its any diff but I assume its fairly similar from what I've seen) its a lot easier said than done. What happens if he dodges the roots or blind or repulse or he survives combo due to cb & hs hitting or just not critting etc. MANY reasons why bears are OP all these factors collectively are part of the big reason.
    Check out my Step By Step L.15 Mage Guide

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Etarbitrev View Post
    True^, but after doing 66 warbird (idk if its any diff but I assume its fairly similar from what I've seen) its a lot easier said than done. What happens if he dodges the roots or blind or repulse or he survives combo due to cb & hs hitting or just not critting etc. MANY reasons why bears are OP all these factors collectively are part of the big reason.
    However, a 71 Warbird can kill a Dex/Int Bear in 5 seconds or less if those skills hit(Highly likely). It's honestly not Bears that are that OP, it's just the STR Sets that makes any character quite much to whelm with.

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

True dat^.
    in most levels, but not EVERY level, for example 20 mage + str set gives just enough stats to make pally viable.
    Check out my Step By Step L.15 Mage Guide

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Well dexbears tend to hit HS even more often due to high hit% but they are easier to kill yes.
    Still harder to kill talon bear than talon bird.

I do warbird because getting killed by just becon stomp made me want to throw my phone to samhaynes head for not fixing it.
    Beastly allows me to easily survive full crit beckon stomp sms combo from 77 lust bear with about 15-20% health left.
    Mages rarely can nuke me with just ice fire and i actually have time to do something.
    In ctf if im getting healed by int mage, im working as a medium tank and still have the damage and range to assassinate all enemy birds and pop enemy mages mana shiel or blind root bear.
    Traditional birds die so much more and cant tank anything at all. They die from root blast and are useful only if they can melt down the bear or kite opponent mage down. If they get beckoned - its quaranteed death.

Bears can tank much more and deal crazy amounts of aoe damage and have great cc and op massive 14m aoe debuff. Only thing does something to them is blind and they have like 80% change to dodge it and cooldown is long