Thread: Any non str bears?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Any non str bears?

Any advice for making a non str bear? Int or dex? What do I focus my skill points in? Are they any good? Ik the class im just wondering if going a different way is effective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Int bears are OK at pve but pvp wise they're not so great (to my knolodge). Ive seen a few full dex and dex/str bears and they seem to be pretty effective.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Thasaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Full dex and hybrid int/dex bears are the best non-str builds, IMO.

Basically, you need dex

Full dex is more ideal for PvE. A hybrid int/dex bear has potential in PvP. I know Myst had a very successful one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellyidol For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Int bears suck. Lol. Go str or dex. Or half n half str and dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plmafiaboss View Post
    Int bears suck. Lol. Go str or dex. Or half n half str and dex
    i heard from someoe else that if you get a fire staff for int bear, beckon+stomp in the corner , and use normal attack(which has an aoe damage) it's really effective in PvE..

Lv 61 Int-Chantress Silverkakari
    Lv 21 farming twink DairyFarmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMadrid View Post
    i heard from someoe else that if you get a fire staff for int bear, beckon+stomp in the corner , and use normal attack(which has an aoe damage) it's really effective in PvE..
    Which is exactly the build of the #1 Bear in PvE kills, if he is still the top - Htiek.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thasaint View Post
    Int bears are OK at pve but pvp wise they're not so great (to my knolodge). Ive seen a few full dex and dex/str bears and they seem to be pretty effective.
    Wand bear can be highly efficient in PvP with the right build and use of it I'd also say the underestimation you get from your opponent is a bonus as well

As Elly said, dex is a requirement. I loved my staff bear before I sold my set, the aoe and face melt proc was awesome against enemies. Just group em and auto as you move onto the next bunch. Lots of kills. However, for int bear, I agree with Elly. I highly recommend minimum int rest dex. I am against int/str hybrids for any class tbh. Int bear has lots of skill damage as well. Smash combo is very effecient since when you're grouping, the combo takes a nice chunk out of the mobs health. Dex bear is fun as well, but I didn't see any point other than the dps. I used demonic dagger set on my bear for a short ammount of time, and although I'm not very familiar with it, I liked the DPS a lot. The only problem I had was that I felt like I was stuck in the dagger set since the bow set didn't offer much survivability without elixirs (for me at least), so I found myself without range.

Staff bear is great for PvE, but it isn't the best spec for PvP. I tried mine there, and it did alright, but I wasn't impressed. Lots of damage, so I could take down birdies and such, but for good mages, I needed wand and bracer since they'd just nuke my staff bear to bits with mana shield up.

Another bonus for int bear is that an int bear's restore, even at level 1 heals a nice small chunk. It isn't another close to a pure int mage's level 6 heal, but it is useful.

I'm a big int bear fan, even though my guy is currently str with a battle sword set until I get the missing gear for my twinks and see how much I have left It's loads of fun, but can be a struggle, especially if you're used to a high armor, and dodge-filled str bear. Wand bear offers nice armor (with demonic wand set, vanity set, and armor ring I had about 183 armor unbuffed, iirc), and works well, in case staff set may be too much of a transition survivability wise. It isn't for everyone, but I'd definitely try it out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Which is exactly the build of the #1 Bear in PvE kills, if he is still the top - Htiek.
    Meh. It also defeats the main purpose of the bear...melee/crowd control/tanking. Good luck doing that in Nuri's with a Staff. I'm sure a few skilled peeps could pull it off, but I have run across a few failstaffbears in Nuri who died repeatedly.

And kills/leaderboards are no guarantee of skill. You can thank boosters for that.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 10-24-2011 at 06:05 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Meh. It also defeats the main purpose of the bear...melee/crowd control/tanking. Good luck doing that in Nuri's with a Staff. I'm sure a few skilled peeps could pull it off, but I have run across a few failstaffbears in Nuri who died repeatedly.

And kills/leaderboards are no guarantee of skill. You can thank boosters for that.
    Agree, never in Nuri's. Anyone who wanted to farm kills would have needed to be BS max. Unless you do it with elixirs 24/7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I've got level 59 dual spec str/dex bear but I decided I wanted a level 35 bowbear so I made one. Haha.
    Right now his str set up is vyxnaar helm and the rest iceberg. His dex is swamprats derby or vyxnaar, bayou bow and swamp rats croc scale leather. I already have the voodoo set from when my mage was leveling and you guys are making me want to respec to int/dex and be a voodoo/swamprat bear. Lol. Would that be any good?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Im trying to decide what way to go for bear, the duel stats. Like str/dex int bear etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slade431 View Post
    Im trying to decide what way to go for bear, the duel stats. Like str/dex int bear etc
    Do you prefer PvE or PvP? What level are you? Budget on gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey r u thasaint is me lol jestterr on pl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

PvE. Going to make a brand bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slade431 View Post
    PvE. Going to make a brand bear
    New bear? I'd recommend Dex bear, pure dex until level 30, then pumping some into str. Just a small recommendation though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I've got level 59 dual spec str/dex bear but I decided I wanted a level 35 bowbear so I made one. Haha.
    Right now his str set up is vyxnaar helm and the rest iceberg. His dex is swamprats derby or vyxnaar, bayou bow and swamp rats croc scale leather. I already have the voodoo set from when my mage was leveling and you guys are making me want to respec to int/dex and be a voodoo/swamprat bear. Lol. Would that be any good?
    If you do that, use the dark wand from skeller (2-5k in CS), as it gives a chance of getting the Terror combo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I recommend you make a dex bear. Better gear