Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Platinum farming still exists

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    How's he a scammer? He's borrowed gold from me and always paid me back...
    i nevr said he scammed u?he scammed two ither twinks and almost all the top twinks of lvl15 knows abt it.

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I really hope this isn't still happening... Especially after actually spending quite a bit of money on plat recently also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Oh jeez not again. I'm a total IT noob but shouldn't there be a way to see whether a particular device has done an offer or not? Because NativeX should be highly motivated to fix this; after all, they pay STS for every offer completed so I don't understand why they allow it to continue..

So really both STS and the offer providers should have the means to prevent plat farming; why isn't this happening? An idea is to investigate any player with more than x amount of gold and plat- I'm not saying all plat and gold-rich people are scammers, but the worst scammers will also be very rich, so this is one way to detect them.

The plat farming is really ruining my gaming experience. I work and farm hard and I buy plat but I will never be able to compete with the scammers and the inflation they cause.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Its true. It exists!!
    It could be traced and tracked. They can get change their advertising Id/proxy/ip address but not the device ID.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

.no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

By the way can someone tel me what is Plat farmed?? i think there is a 2 way to earn plats :- that is

1. Buy the Platinum using your real world money

2. Do platinum offers like Fyber,Nativex Etc.,

is there any other way to earn platinum if it's legal than tel me :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Omg here we go again

"what goes up will come down"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    I'm not saying names, but today some people got banned for it. STS, just remove NativeX. This has gone too far, and you still make money from it!
    If this is true.. Then it's not worth buying plats anymore. Already its so tough to loot an arcane and with the plat farmers in the raise.. Its not worth buying plats anymore bcoz u will never loot one as plat farmers would ve looted something which could ve been urs. This is one of the reason I went inactive b4..most of my frnds like Tongasmash too lost interest bcoz of this.. Not gonna buy plats unless this gets fixed.
    Last edited by Givemeahellyeah; 04-14-2015 at 02:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Givemeahellyeah View Post
    If this is true.. Then it's not worth buying plats anymore. Already its so tough to loot an arcane and with the plat farmers in the raise.. Its not worth buying plats anymore bcoz u will never loot one as plat farmers would ve looted something which could ve been urs. This is one of the reason I went inactive b4..most of my frnds like Tongasmash too lost interest bcoz of this.. Not gonna buy plats unless this gets fixed.
    True, I've seen ss of one of the top players admitting it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
    i nevr said he scammed u?he scammed two ither twinks and almost all the top twinks of lvl15 knows abt it.
    Idd, Not only 15s know it. Im glad hes to endgame now or i hunted him down everyday that piece of cake. Talkin shet with his nekro. 'people who don't have nekro are worthless players' his own words.
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

I'm not saying names, but this person made 7.5k plats an hour. Very annoying for people who buy platinum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Higuani View Post
    Idd, Not only 15s know it. Im glad hes to endgame now or i hunted him down everyday that piece of cake. Talkin shet with his nekro. 'people who don't have nekro are worthless players' his own words.
    Lol, he was a rogue tank not even trying to take the dmg

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    I'm not saying names, but this person made 7.5k plats an hour. Very annoying for people who buy platinum.
    seems like I've seen the same ss's

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Appeltjes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

It's a huge disappointment for me to see plat farming because I spend actual money on this game. I am competing against people who are fraudulently obtaining plat -

They pop locked for free and obtain mass amounts of gold, and just to remain competitive here I go and spend my own cash to do the same.

Is that fair?

Solution, the only one that I see is to remove all offers from the game permanently. Then to make-up to the players who use the offers for small amounts of plat is to award free plat inside the game through daily log-in rewards and some farmable locked keys. These keys of course need to be only inside elite maps so the bot farmers can't get their hands on them.

I can't tell you how disappointed that I feel right now over this. I really believed that plat farming was so 2014 and was clueless that it's still happening. It's a mixed-bag for sure. On one hand I love this game and community, on the other hand I feel totally cheated and robbed out of a lot of money. I hope that we get some feedback on StS on this.

I hate posting this and writing this and I hope that I am not putting anyone on blast. I am just extremely sad that this happens in a game that I truly love.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    It's a huge disappointment for me to see plat farming because I spend actual money on this game. I am competing against people who are fraudulently obtaining plat -

They pop locked for free and obtain mass amounts of gold, and just to remain competitive here I go and spend my own cash to do the same.

Is that fair?

Solution, the only one that I see is to remove all offers from the game permanently. Then to make-up to the players who use the offers for small amounts of plat is to award free plat inside the game through daily log-in rewards and some farmable locked keys. These keys of course need to be only inside elite maps so the bot farmers can't get their hands on them.

I can't tell you how disappointed that I feel right now over this. I really believed that plat farming was so 2014 and was clueless that it's still happening. It's a mixed-bag for sure. On one hand I love this game and community, on the other hand I feel totally cheated and robbed out of a lot of money. I hope that we get some feedback on StS on this.

I hate posting this and writing this and I hope that I am not putting anyone on blast. I am just extremely sad that this happens in a game that I truly love.
    if u put lock keys on elites it will decrease the revenue from plats which would mean loss to the company sometimes u got to put urself in others shoes

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
    if u put lock keys on elites it will decrease the revenue from plats which would mean loss to the company sometimes u got to put urself in others shoes
    The way that I see it is farmable keys, which by the way has been considered by StS many times before, will increase revenue in the game. More people will play the game because there will now be something to farm for. More people playing the game means more people purchasing plat. It's win-win if they can get the drop rate balanced correctly.

Regardless if they put keys in the maps, they should remove the free offers for good from this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

The way that I see it is farmable keys, which by the way has been considered by StS many times before, will increase revenue in the game. More people will play the game because there will now be something to farm for. More people playing the game means more people purchasing plat. It's win-win if they can get the drop rate balanced correctly.

Regardless if they put keys in the maps, they should remove the free offers for good from this game.
    the no of ppl running elites>no of ppl popping lock so expect such a large no of ppl farming for keys and the plat revenues will go down drastically again even i would like what u are saying since i have nevr opened a lock in my history of al except for test server but just putting things up from sts perspective

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

This subject pops up now and then and I understand why. All those like me who purchase plat and contribute financially to the game feel cheated.

Nativex cannot be removed due to advertising revenue, but I thought all excessive plat gains via offers was being monitored, but it's not! I understand to do this might take a dedicated member of staff.

To gain the upper hand in this, excessive plat farming needs to be monitored, otherwise you guys are saying 'it's ok do it, as long as we don't know it.'

Please don't delete this thread, feedback is always essential in this matter. Previous threads like this instantly get removed. When that happens I feel like STS doesn't want to know about people scamming/cheating via platfarming.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 04-14-2015 at 07:53 AM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Did you say 7.5k plat an hour?
    I'm pretty sure the plat log is something they can look at for discrepancies, how is 'that' amount of plat 'not' raising flags?

Here I am spending obscene amounts of cash on plats every week, with no access to free offers, and the cheaters are getting 100 times as much for free?

I have no problem with them getting rid of the plat offers completely. I can't use them anyway (PL allowed it, AL doesn't), and it is the easiest way to stop the cheating. I even might be willing to pay some sort of nominal monthly charge if that is what it takes...

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that they have someone with some financial savvy look at things and figure out a better system for them than the free offers...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Is that fair?

I couldn't agree with you more its total bs that there are people like myself who spends real money on this game while others are cheating the system. Sts Should look into this and find a way to compensate the people who are spending their real money to this game
    MYTHIC REVENGE

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meltedice For This Useful Post:

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

here is an idea just make videos for plat, 1 vid 1 plat, 2 random numbers play during the vid so u really do have to watch it, little screen pops up where u have to enter the numbers the came up.

problem solved.

25.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,907 Posts

Hey guys. Thanks for bringing up your concerns here, we really appreciate it. As always, we take reports like this, and any report of a breach of our TOS, very seriously and will be investigating further. I'm going to lock this up to prevent any more drama in the meantime.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post: