Thread: Comprehensive PVP Guide at LVL 55+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Exclamation Comprehensive PVP Guide at LVL 55+

Ok guys, I decided to make a Huge PVP Guide Including all classes and specs at lvl 55. Most of you guys know me in game, as I am always pvping. I will provide edits, as I decide to add more. I really encourage everyone who reads this to post suggestions/comments. As a quick tip before i start the guide, DEX birds are the most sensitive pvpers and are likely to get pissed off easily when something doesn't go their way. Well here it is

Enchantress

Build is as follows. Works for all Specs of Mages

6 in Heal
    0 in Weakness
    6 in Fire
    6 in Lighting
    6 in Drain
    0 in Nightmare
    6 in Mana Shield
    5 in Ice Storm (6 if lvl 56)
    6 in Frostbite
    6 in Blessing of Vitality
    6 in Blessing of Might
    1 in Revive

Recommended Sets- Mega Mage if you can afford, or mix of Sewer Queen+Lowman's if you are on a tight budget. For Pallies the only way to go is fury, and finally for dexchantress Raid or Sewer King is the best way to go, but Drainer's isn't a bad substitute. For ring's use the ring that adds 4 dmg, 3 ms, and 1 ms

I'm not going to go into specifics for combo because that would take way to long if you want specific combos message me and i will try to help, but I will give some tips in this thread. Try to debuff at the beginning but for Nightmare which subtracts 30 armor and 12% dodge use it when you are relatively close to the enemy because of the 6m range which isn't alot. Most mages have heard of the Hot-Flash combo, but most do not know that the ice needs time to set, so you cant immediately use Ice+Fire. I normally add a skill in the middle which gives the ice time to set. Also revive adds a small hidden buff.

Mages vs Mages- I normally try not to start with mana shield because i want to take away as much as the opponents mana before i shield. Against mages who shield first i use the Drain+Shield+Heal combo really fast and then unleash the rest of my combo. I am dual speced and this combo works really well with pallies because of the added armor but a mage with mega mage gear would be able to pull it off. Some mages with lower tier gear might have to start with Mana shield

Mages vs Bears- Most bears dont quite know what they are doing. What i do is I freeze the bear because single target ice has a 12m range, then i spam the rest of my combo. After I have spammed my combo then I shield.

Mages vs Archers- This is tough, Pallies have a huge advantage in this fight. Pure mages need to Shield then drain+heal, most birds will start with blast to disable shield and then continue spamming, when you shield and drain+heal you replenish your hp and the archer is left waiting for skills to cool down. During this time you just pew pew.

ARCHERS Works for all Specs of Archer

6 in Focus
    6 in Evade
    6 in Blast Shot
    6 in Blind
    6 in Repulse
    6 in Thorn root
    2 in Shattering scream
    0 in Meditation
    6 in Restore
    0 in Avian Scream
    4 in Thorn Wall (5 if 56)

Recommended Gears- Custom Raid Set/ Raid Roach Set. Drainer's Autobow Set
    For warbirds, the only choice is Fury. For rings use the 10 dmg 2 Dodge

Shattering Scream+ Blast shot causes the deadly Cruel Blast. If i decide to go this route I normally use Break, Shattering, Blast shot. I normally try to use the two roots in the beginning because they provide some good debuffs. Fury birds should definitely start with both roots and use the shattering scream combo. The biggest debate on the block is the Recurve vs the Autbow. Autobow in my opinion is better because it provides more range (12m) and more skill damage compared to the recurve which has (10m) and more base damage.

Archers vs Archers- Very fast fight. I normally start with roots. A good combo to use is Break, Blind, Blast, Repulse. If you think you can try to incorporate shattering scream. I only use shattering scream with big groups but it may be able to function in one target battles. Avian Scream should only be used in big group fights or when you are close to your target.

Archers vs Mages- Most mages shield first. Use Blast shot to disable the shield, then i like to start with roots and use the rest of my combo after the roots. Pallies are really tough to beat with Archers but I start with blind then root and use the Cruel Blast combo.

Archers vs Bears- Roots are your friend here, but don't use them to late or too early. I use them when you see the bear do the becon animation. The bear will left both of his arms up before he pulls you in. I use both roots here and repulse then use the rest of the combo while kiting. The bear will try his best to use the smash combo. DONT LET HIM DO THIS.

BEARS

me and rangepwnsmeel have essentially the same build/ strategies so follow his guide for pvp/pve which I find very helpful. I prefer maxing Iron Blood and Taunt and lowering the points in slashes but his thread is really helpful.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=rangepwnsmeel
    Last edited by Sigkill; 07-01-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Nice guide bro.
    Range shall pop in soon and reward you 3 Chiv Points. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lol, Took me a while to make it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersteak View Post
    Lol, Took me a while to make it
    +5 Chivalry Points.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    +5 Chivalry Points.
    I was 2 off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

i was gonna use this but cant find respec noooooooo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Very nice guide!!! The combo sequence is good because some people just don't like to talk about that because they are afraid to give something away. Thanks for the time and work to do this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i disagree on bird skills, i believe u should share last 6 points on restore / thornwall
    thornwall for multiple enemies and restore just to survive that little bit longer.

overall very nice guide keep up the good work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

After much experience, you're going to have to switch up your combo for birds for survivability. One set combo never seems to work for everything like it used to. You may need to be a bit devious and repulse them in the beginning of the fight to gain a major advantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post
    After much experience, you're going to have to switch up your combo for birds for survivability. One set combo never seems to work for everything like it used to. You may need to be a bit devious and repulse them in the beginning of the fight to gain a major advantage.
    Well, repulse in the beginning is something I use some of the time, because even though my opponent my spam all skills in the air, he will most likely run away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I wonder if you can mention, DEX Birds are the most sensitive PVPers. lol I won't go into detail, but as a guide, maybe a warning would be warranted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post
    I wonder if you can mention, DEX Birds are the most sensitive PVPers. lol I won't go into detail, but as a guide, maybe a warning would be warranted.
    Ok Ill add that in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Think this thread deserves a bump, most strategies are Pre-GCD. Needs a thorough updating in that section but the Skill Builds are Post-GCD
    Last edited by Sigkill; 07-01-2011 at 11:55 PM.