Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Revives in Swamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Revives in Swamp

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I have posted about this before. If you get revived, you should have the opportunity to REMAIN alive long enough to 1) fill potion completely or 2) RUN AWAY. Enchantresses can do neither. I'm level 32 and just die over and over. C'mon guys! Frustrating!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah thats always nice and annoying.
    You just pray you dont get hit when accepting revive lol :P
    Eldallan: Lvl 35 Talon/Wingshield Archer | Shanks em' crocs |
    "There is no death;
    There is the Respawn button"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just check your surroundings before you hit "Accept Revive"

Sure it's annoying (my record's probably at 5 consecutive deaths) but your living partymates should be able to pull the mob away from those being revived.
    --------------- Alterra --------------------
    Neurion (archer)
    Erurainon (warrior)
    Neuraina (enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This will probably be a big issue with pvp as well, with people being camped and drobed

What if a person had 2-5 seconds of invulnerability after being resed? (but they couldn't cast offensive spells during invulnerability as well)
    Proud Forum Guild member.
    Mobdropper - 35 Mage
    Berigut - 35 Dex Bear
    Archang - 35 Dex Mage

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

There really should be like a 2 second wait where you cant attack or be attacked but u can run away and use potions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Agreed! Doesn't happen to me much, there should be a timer above your head that shows how long you have, to either, heal, run, or quit! 3-5 seconds should be long enough!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King Richie View Post
    There really should be like a 2 second wait where you cant attack or be attacked but u can run away and use potions!
    1) regarding checking surroundings before accepting revive - you often *cannot*, since the message box takes up most of the area. It is no more than a guess.

2) regarding invulnerable time, DEVELOPERS please take the clue; enough have responded so you know this is broken. Please fix! I should either have the ability to refill the potion completely - or it be filled automatically upon being revived - or there should be a brief hiatus during which the character can run or respond.

Dying over and over IMMEDIATELY after being revived is LAME and FRUSTRATING.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The problem with invulnerability time would be that if the tank dies, you don't want him to not be able to attack for a few seconds.

That would probably wipe the whole team.

I say buff the enchants revive skill by making each point in revive add more of a % to health and mana upon reviving a dead character. And at level 5 have it bring someone back to life with full health and mana.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a strong suspicion that most skills are going to get revamped soon. With Alien Oasis coming out next month or so, that means(maybe) a higher lvl cap. More points to spend and less variation between lvl capped players.

I agree that higher levels of revive should bring people back with more health. Guess we just have to wait and see.
    Syacoff - lvl 35 Archer - Alterra
    Sahdatay - lvl 35 Bowchantress - Alterra
    Thumbo - lvl 10 Bearzerker (Leaving him low on purpose. Wanna check out low lvl PvP too)

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,882 Posts

This one is really not a bug - if you take a revive while combat's still going, you take that risk. You can wait until combat is over, or respawn at the entrance if you don't want the risk of dying again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    This one is really not a bug - if you take a revive while combat's still going, you take that risk. You can wait until combat is over, or respawn at the entrance if you don't want the risk of dying again.
    Good point....Thx for the clear answer
    Kamja =Bear Revu =Healchantress Kokuma = ranger all 35 on Alt
    Proud Venom Applicant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

When I do a revive on someone in the midst of combat, I do a heal immediately after so they don't die trying to heal themselves. Since this is only a prob during a mob, I usually use fire blast to get the enemies away for second...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have an idea, why not make lvl 5 revive refill max hp and mp? As it is now nobody's putting more than 1 skill pt on revive because there just isn't enough benefit.
    --------------- Alterra --------------------
    Neurion (archer)
    Erurainon (warrior)
    Neuraina (enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Neurion View Post
    I have an idea, why not make lvl 5 revive refill max hp and mp? As it is now nobody's putting more than 1 skill pt on revive because there just isn't enough benefit.
    I second this idea.
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post

I say buff the enchants revive skill by making each point in revive add more of a % to health and mana upon reviving a dead character. And at level 5 have it bring someone back to life with full health and mana.
    Sounds reasonable, since it adds rationale to level the skill. Problem is, its the other player's skill. Mine is at 1 because that's all I need to revive everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    No, it is a bug, or at least a design flaw. Consider the size of the message box, which completely obscures the area that I need to know about. In most of these cases, it appears the mob is too far away to re-kill especially since the Enchantress is able to take the time to revive me. This is especially furstrating with ranged attacks that give you ZERO opportunity to respond.

As well, the game is not about WAITING to accept the revive. Sorry, but I do not agree with your response. I think adjusting this effect will take very little on your part and add far more enjoyment for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    When I do a revive on someone in the midst of combat, I do a heal immediately after so they don't die trying to heal themselves. Since this is only a prob during a mob, I usually use fire blast to get the enemies away for second...
    Hmmmm. I think you did that with me today. I noticed the heal! Nice, but if you remember I died immediately again anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Amn64- It's definitely imperfect. Sometimes the revivee still dies. Sometimes i still die. Lol it's the best strategy i've been able to come up with

Dev- why should we have to wait to revive? why have revive if we can't use it in the midst of battle when everyone is most needed?

Revive should perhaps come w full health for the revivee if we have five skill points in it?
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,467 Posts

Sounds like we need to take care of a couple of things:

• A reduced mana cost as well as increasing the percentage of restoration to full at rank 5.
    • Making the respawn/revive popup less intrusive.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Sounds like we need to take care of a couple of things:

• A reduced mana cost as well as increasing the percentage of restoration to full at rank 5.
    • Making the respawn/revive popup less intrusive.

-ALS
    I say just give a 3 second immortality without the ability to attack. That would give us time to cast buffs and drink the potions.