Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dps bear or tank?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nytesdawn View Post
    Btw does a sword give the highest skill dam for a bear? If so when I hit lvl 30 should I get a hatchet or sword?
    I believe swords tend to have the best skills damage, but you also have the freeze proc with a frozen hatchet that can also maximize your ability to lay out damage on a stunned/frozen enemy. If the profiles between both are similar, (DPS/base attack/speed) the differences between the sword and hatchet in terms of skills will not be life changing. In that case I'd opt for a frozen hatchet for the freeze proc- which makes it very useful for bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by braluk View Post
    I believe swords tend to have the best skills damage, but you also have the freeze proc with a frozen hatchet that can also maximize your ability to lay out damage on a stunned/frozen enemy. If the profiles between both are similar, (DPS/base attack/speed) the differences between the sword and hatchet in terms of skills will not be life changing. In that case I'd opt for a frozen hatchet for the freeze proc- which makes it very useful for bosses.
    But doesn't the ice zword also give a FREEZE proc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    I love all your ideas. +1
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    this is a great idea. +3 forum points.
    Quote Originally Posted by giayuan View Post
    This is awesome idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    +10 win points to you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually you're correct they do. Luckily enough I have both in my stash. I'm assuming that OP means Iceberg weapons from Frozen Nightmare since I don't see a sword in Lost expeditions. Iceberg Frosty Hatchet has base of 87-100 with 0.9 Speed. Iceberg Blizz Zword 48-49 Dmg with 0.8 Speed. With Hatchet equipped my SMS skill damage is 153-219. With Zword equipped, my SMS drops slightly to 147-213. DPS and Damage range is higher in hatchet. I'd probably choose the hatchet. Not exactly sure if one has an advantage over the other in terms of freeze proc but a quick run through a low level map seemed to have similar rates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Actually you're correct they do. Luckily enough I have both in my stash. I'm assuming that OP means Iceberg weapons from Frozen Nightmare since I don't see a sword in Lost expeditions. Iceberg Frosty Hatchet has base of 87-100 with 0.9 Speed. Iceberg Blizz Zword 48-49 Dmg with 0.8 Speed. With Hatchet equipped my SMS skill damage is 153-219. With Zword equipped, my SMS drops slightly to 147-213. DPS and Damage range is higher in hatchet. I'd probably choose the hatchet. Not exactly sure if one has an advantage over the other in terms of freeze proc but a quick run through a low level map seemed to have similar rates.
    Yeahmaybe since at that level you still might not have SMS yet since ur raising evade iron blood rage beckon scream and stuff. Maybe I should try the longsword but then u can't use a shield which is vital for tanking since zerkers sometimes still tank. Zerker is a tanker with dps skills.
    This is awesome idea.
    +10 win points to you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's possible but at 30 you should at least have some investment into your attacks, and especially stomp. I'd still stick with the Hatchet. I've never really liked 2H swords to really begin with. Or have both builds saved in your loadouts, so you can quickly adapt to each situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's possible but at 30 you should at least have some investment into your attacks, and especially stomp. I'd still stick with the Hatchet. I've never really liked 2H swords to really begin with. Or have both builds saved in your loadouts, so you can quickly adapt to each situation.
    Yeah I'll prob have max stomp at that time. 2h swords are for bosses and 1h weps are for mobbing. But another key factor to remember about skill damage is the base damage of your weapon. Like if u have a lvl1 sword vs a lvl55 elite pink, which one wins? I'll leave that up to u to decide. That's why hatchets are higher price than swords.
    This is awesome idea.
    +10 win points to you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

If you need mana, consider wearing a ring with mana regen. Remember that if you dual spec, you can wear both dex and str rings.