Thread: Is it time to move to a % based stat boost instead of hard stats for pets?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Is it time to move to a % based stat boost instead of hard stats for pets?

As the level cap grows, I think the only fair way to ensure new pets have sufficient oomph for endgame but will not be ridiculously OP at lower lvls is to give % based stat boosts: +5% to all stats (dex, str, int) or +7% primary stat, as examples. Lemon and Lime got me thinking, as their stats are poorer than event legendary pets (which is somewhat problematic given their AA is pretty much strictly for bosses. I still love mine though!).

I totally understand and support the need to not have a never-ending cycle of one-up-manship stats wise, as it will unbalance the game, and I think this could be a solution to ensure everyone is happy with a pet regardless of their level.

What do you think? We already use this system for crit and dmg so would it be that big an adjustment?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Lmao this just means that the ones with op gears get the best out of pets...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

L&L is a pet that is more required for its AA, not stats.

The AA is so lovely...you'd be welcome to run any party in any zone!

How useful will this guy be in ARENA?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    Lmao this just means that the ones with op gears get the best out of pets...
    I've thought about that, and perhaps naked stats (so minus gears just what you choose when you assign skill points, so everyone will be in the same boat) would be the way to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I abhor any percent based stats due to the percent debuff override > percent buff system.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

what is aa? and yes im a noob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    As the level cap grows, I think the only fair way to ensure new pets have sufficient oomph for endgame but will not be ridiculously OP at lower lvls is to give % based stat boosts: +5% to all stats (dex, str, int) or +7% primary stat, as examples. Lemon and Lime got me thinking, as their stats are poorer than event legendary pets (which is somewhat problematic given their AA is pretty much strictly for bosses. I still love mine though!).

I totally understand and support the need to not have a never-ending cycle of one-up-manship stats wise, as it will unbalance the game, and I think this could be a solution to ensure everyone is happy with a pet regardless of their level.

What do you think? We already use this system for crit and dmg so would it be that big an adjustment?
    While I dont necessarily agree with the percentage boosts for stats, I do agree with your overall point. I've always thought it was odd that pets gave the same stat boosts for any level, making some stats very OP for twinks, and not so OP for end-game, or the other way around. Instead, I've always thought that a pet's abilities should grow with your level, much like the damage and crit% of your pet increases as you level it up.

Take Singe for example. For a level 10 this pet is extremely OP due to the fact that it gives +15 all stats. Considering that twinks here dont even have 100 primary stat, that's a 15% boost in primary stat. Compare this to end game where primary stats exceed 600. This means that this same singe buff only gives 2.5% increase.

Although it's probably too late to implement a system like this, I do believe that if we could start over then all boosts a pet gives (passive stat boosts, or active ability stat boosts) should scale with level at a set rate (much like how gems give various stat boosts per level). I don't think percentages are the way to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I abhor any percent based stats due to the percent debuff override > percent buff system.
    Hmm I hadn't considered that aspect. Yeah I guess this would only work if that was addressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maung_soe View Post
    what is aa? and yes im a noob
    Aa= activated ability, it's the paw you can press with a pet summoned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    While I dont necessarily agree with the percentage boosts for stats, I do agree with your overall point. I've always thought it was odd that pets gave the same stat boosts for any level, making some stats very OP for twinks, and not so OP for end-game, or the other way around. Instead, I've always thought that a pet's abilities should grow with your level, much like the damage and crit% of your pet increases as you level it up.
    This is pretty much what I'm getting at- percentages needn't be the way to achieve it, I just can't think of another way it could work! Hoping to spark some discussion around how this could happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    and now we finally understand why a tank pet like loki hands out 15% damage to the tank while the aa gives out 20 dex to all allies. it s a good idea to include these things in guides / guild suggestions as especially new players on low budget have no clue about these things. i m still trying to find a pattern, to see if certain pets were intended for twinking/endgame/ or simply to run out after a season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

some pets are too op at low lvls and weak at endgame no-one is happy lol