Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Lighning nerf?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Lighning nerf?

Name:  critical.png
Views: 565
Size:  574.4 KB

I'm sure it was 250%.
    What happened? Why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

What happened??? I didn't notice lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Please update us Dev on changes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

What a joke. All the bs teasers and misinformation and then bust out a silent nerf. Gg AL.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

silent nerf strikes again

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Hi folks,

As Remiem mentioned in her update post, this was indeed purely a text change. On a critical hit, without the Positive Surge upgrade, a critical Lightning Strike will do 150% of its normal damage. With the Positive Surge upgrade, a critical Lightning Strike will instead do 250% of its normal damage. In order to be consistent with the way we word skills and upgrades, the text was changed to communicate how much of an increase this upgrade provides. In this case, it is a 66% increase in the damage dealt by a Lightning Strike critical hit. Hope that clears things up.
    Last edited by Fibus; 04-17-2015 at 11:42 AM.
    "Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fibus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Oh, i thought it was a secret nerf. Good to know it isn't.
    Thanks for clarification.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    Hi folks,

As Remiem mentioned in her update post, this was indeed purely a text change. On a critical hit, without the Positive Surge upgrade, a critical Lightning Strike will do 150% of its normal damage. With the Positive Surge upgrade, a critical Lightning Strike will instead do 250% of its normal damage. In order to be consistent with the way we word skills and upgrades, the text was changed to communicate how much of an increase this upgrade provides. In this case, it is a 66% increase in the damage dealt by a Lightning Strike critical hit. Hope that clears things up.
    Ty, good to know

Nice sig btw ))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Hi folks,

It's awesome to see the team finally do some spring cleaning. Consistency is critical for clarity, but that description removes pertinent information for understanding what that upgrade actually does, which is add another 100% to the damage done on a critical hit. It's kinda like the math teacher that always wanted you to show your work, you're giving us the right answer, but we aren't sure where you got 66%.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

An understandable concern Thundyrz, but when you think about it, it isn't common knowledge that critical hits on Lightning Strike do 150% damage. So, when the description says it does 250% damage, that's great and all, but how much of an increase is that from what the skill normally does? The thinking behind this particular wording is that, no matter where the starting point is, if you take this upgrade, you are now 66% better off than before.

Do you have any suggestions about how we could better word this description, or other descriptions, to better communicate exactly what they do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

The math is 1,66 x 150=250

Increase the damage dealt by critical Lightning to 250%

and

Increase the damage dealt by critical Lightning by 66%

both mean same thing, but which is more understandeable? I vote the first one personally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    The math is 1,66 x 150=250

Increase the damage dealt by critical Lightning to 250%

and

Increase the damage dealt by critical Lightning by 66%

both mean same thing, but which is more understandeable? I vote the first one personally.
    Can u do it again but more easy for the more dumber souls ( me ugh)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

when you add 66%... you write 1,00+ (66% of 1)= 1+0,66=1,66

The actualy percentage is 150%, then if you want to make it 250%, you do this: 1,66 x 150 = 250

that's what they want to do. They are upgrading the crit to 250%... which is also an increase by 66%

What's easier for you to understand? The increase, or the final result? or is there another way for you explain that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    when you add 66%... you write 1,00+ (66% of 1)= 1+0,66=1,66

The actualy percentage is 150%, then if you want to make it 250%, you do this: 1,66 x 150 = 250

that's what they want to do. They are upgrading the crit to 250%... which is also an increase by 66%

What's easier for you to understand? The increase, or the final result? or is there another way for you explain that?
    1 the green makes my tired eyes unable to read
    2 i stil dont understand

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nevercan For This Useful Post:

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Carapace just made a post with some of the math. Maybe that will help you nevercan. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ming-next-week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Carapace just made a post with some of the math. Maybe that will help you nevercan. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ming-next-week
    Lol I love that quote in your sig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

An understandable concern Thundyrz, but when you think about it, it isn't common knowledge that critical hits on Lightning Strike do 150% damage. So, when the description says it does 250% damage, that's great and all, but how much of an increase is that from what the skill normally does? The thinking behind this particular wording is that, no matter where the starting point is, if you take this upgrade, you are now 66% better off than before.

Do you have any suggestions about how we could better word this description, or other descriptions, to better communicate exactly what they do?
    What I'm saying is that there are no breadcrumbs to follow so a 66% critical damage increase won't mean much to most players reading that description. If they don't know a critical hit is 150% of normal damage, a 66% increase to the damage they don't know about isn't going to clear things up lol.

Here's what I would suggest:

Adds 100% to the damage dealt by a critical Lightning Strike for a total of 250%, increasing critical damage by 66%.

Consistent, clear, and understandable to the large majority of players? Maybe with that description you can reduce the number lightning nerfed threads by 100% :P
    Last edited by Niixed; 04-17-2015 at 06:16 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Not trying to be rude,but while few issue / problem still exist in AL need to getin fixed soon before expansion or next event,why this skill bothering u guys?. (I believe there are nothing wrong with this skill and so far I know there is no one complain about this skill have a problem). Sorry,but i really didn't get it the way u guys thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justhell View Post
    Not trying to be rude,but while few issue / problem still exist in AL need to getin fixed soon before expansion or next event,why this skill bothering u guys?. (I believe there are nothing wrong with this skill and so far I know there is no one complain about this skill have a problem). Sorry,but i really didn't get it the way u guys thinking.
    What you're not aware of is the fact that in the past the development team had, as you suggested, focused only on the larger priorities. While understandable, the smaller issues got neglected and forgotten until they nearly forced the game to shut down entirely. Clarifying the skill descriptions is part of a *very* large project of fixing all the small problems that together were affecting game integrity and playability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    What you're not aware of is the fact that in the past the development team had, as you suggested, focused only on the larger priorities. While understandable, the smaller issues got neglected and forgotten until they nearly forced the game to shut down entirely. Clarifying the skill descriptions is part of a *very* large project of fixing all the small problems that together were affecting game integrity and playability.
    Maybe u right,but my point is there's still many major bugs in game which is disturbing game experience (like bunch of smoke veil appear when login which is causing terible lag sometime for me).
    So far I know there's no one post about description disturbing them while playing. And nothing wrong with old one description about lightning skill,they just changing the old one description with more simple explanation.

And once again I'm not trying to argue about wrong and right (it's up to them after all),but there're still many bugs / issue in game should be their priority rather than this one. Like I said bfore I just don't get it why they bother with this one.