Thread: get more people in forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default get more people in forums

okay so there are alot of helpfull guides on the forums so how bout we all just stand in forest haven calling something along the lines of join the official spacetime studios forums at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forum.php for loads of usefull hints and guides.

hopefully this will bring in more people and our guides will help reduce noob level 50s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

There are more than you think though.

Right now the numbers are :

There are currently 755 users online. 65 members and 690 guests

Sadly, most would rather not participate and just read

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I agree, there's quiet a few already and participation isn't compulsory as long as they're getting lots from the content.

TBH, it is quiet intimidating making that first few posts, because the amount of knowledge you guys have on here is mind blowing for us newer members.....

Back on topic I've been constantly pushing the forums in game, hardly any FH players know they exist. One on my message quick slots permanently has a tinyurl to the list of useful guides thread I collated. Would be great if we could all make a really big push to get people to read the forums..... Would make things easier for everyone.......
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post

Back on topic I've been constantly pushing the forums in game, hardly any FH players know they exist. One on my message quick slots permanently has a tinyurl to the list of useful guides thread I collated. Would be great if we could all make a really big push to get people to read the forums..... Would make things easier for everyone.......
    yes i relize there are alot of us but there are alot of noob level 50s so the guides could help and also we end up helping a whole heap of people.

the first few post honestly arent very intimedating for me because i just signed up and started posting. more questions then answers tho.

so nope they arent that scary for some people and te mindblowing knowledge is very usefull.

and ellyidoll i know there are alot of people but i see the same people posting agian and agian so i thought we need some more people out there.

any way you dont have to spend long doing it maybe 10 mins ad thats about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Maybe the question/answer threads aren't the most encouraging way to get everyone involved on the forums.

What about we have a rethink and create some threads to actively encourage posting, targeted at newer forum members...

Maybe a poll or two... Maybe a competition for the highest levelled player with the lowest number of forums posts?

Am sure we can come up with something between us....
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Maybe the question/answer threads aren't the most encouraging way to get everyone involved on the forums.

What about we have a rethink and create some threads to actively encourage posting, targeted at newer forum members...

Maybe a poll or two... Maybe a competition for the highest levelled player with the lowest number of forums posts?

Am sure we can come up with something between us....
    sounds good im game for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

It took me about a month before I made my first post. There's just so much to read on here and you all seem like a tight group. I found it kind of intimidating making my first post on here

I always refer to the forum when people start asking me questions and seem interested to find out more about the game. If I'm bored, sometimes I go to forest haven and help some random new-guy to find his way in the game. This is what brought me in the game in the first place. Some random lv50 (max cap at that time) took her time (thanks pearl! We miss you ;( ) to show me around when I just started. I also made some real-life friends through this game too, so it was and still is a worthwhile investment of my time IMHO

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    It took me about a month before I made my first post. There's just so much to read on here and you all seem like a tight group. I found it kind of intimidating making my first post on here

I always refer to the forum when people start asking me questions and seem interested to find out more about the game. If I'm bored, sometimes I go to forest haven and help some random new-guy to find his way in the game. This is what brought me in the game in the first place. Some random lv50 (max cap at that time) took her time (thanks pearl! We miss you ;( ) to show me around when I just started. I also made some real-life friends through this game too, so it was and still is a worthwhile investment of my time IMHO
    i miss my old freind zushen he was like my best pl freind lol

Senior Member MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    i miss my old freind zushen he was like my best pl freind lol
    what level is he?
    Current Active account: Okaberintarou and Xranmourix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Hardest part is not getting them to sign up, it's getting them to stay and be active...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND View Post
    what level is he?
    he was like a lvl 52 and he quit for his song writing

it was sad he made a man cry (me)

he did say he might play blackstar tho

he also had another few charecters he had zushen zushan zushanix and ryloxx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    Hardest part is not getting them to sign up, it's getting them to stay and be active...
    thats so true i had a hard time staying on untill i noticed contests

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

TBH, it is quiet intimidating making that first few posts, because the amount of knowledge you guys have on here is mind blowing for us newer members.....
    That's how I felt when I first joined. It's often intimidating trying to join in and participating in such an established community, but Pocket Legends wasn't so bad. I was timid at first about posting but now- not so much.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    That's how I felt when I first joined. It's often intimidating trying to join in and participating in such an established community, but Pocket Legends wasn't so bad. I was timid at first about posting but now- not so much.
    Lol yea I remember kossi saying he could not find a noobish enough post of mine to make fun of. I tried so damn hard to comment only on what I knew 100% until I got my grips.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Yep, fully agree... Still a bit wary and only try to post of 100% sure, unless i'm feeling particularly brave.... LOL

What do you all think to the idea of creating some threads specifically to encourage some participation from the the newer forum members...?