6 Posts

Use Blizzard Stick of Fate for your bird. You will love it. ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovenus View Post
    Use Blizzard Stick of Fate for your bird. You will love it. ^^
    Lol yep. Aoe staffs Ftw. I have an apep of Isis, but might as well see if there are any cheap lv45 ones out there... Can't wait for keeper staff 0.o
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Strictly at a theoretical standpoint, INT birds and hybrid INT birds are by far the worst possible build you can even attempt to create in Pocket Legends. I tried a lot of respeccing and equipment testing and attempted to write a comparative essay between full DEX, hybrid DEX/STR, and hybrid DEX/INT but later scrapped it when I realized how much INT birds suffered in PvE (and probably will in PvP too). The difference is much more noticeable at upper leveled campaigns.

INT birds are like race cars with square stones for tires.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

well back to pvp with me. and i still dont see too much of a problem in pve. i would not boot a int bird if i saw one join as long as the player at least knows what he's doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    i would not boot a int bird if i saw one join as long as the player at least knows what he's doing.
    I wouldn't boot them either but for high levels I wouldn't exactly cheer if I saw one join my game. They're too often used by players who care more about their character's appearance than their abilities. You know, the kind who like to sit in town on their mains all day looking pretty in a witch toad tiara.

Don't mean to say it applies to everybody - I'm sure are int birds out there who created their builds for the weapon Aoe or some other strategic reason I can't think of. But almost always when I see one and ask them why they chose the build, the answer I get is something like "oh the master voodoo robe looks beast on a bird." It leaves me, shall we say, a little less than impressed by the player.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    But almost always when I see one and ask them why they chose the build, the answer I get is something like "oh the master voodoo robe looks beast on a bird." It leaves me, shall we say, a little less than impressed by the player.
    I have to admit to myself after a long and harrowing hours or two of int bird pvp that he is in fact not very good. However, my answer to your question when asked remains the same: it's fun.
    at first, a very bad response. quite noobish. then again, take in the constant grinding, hyper-tight people competing for k/d rations in pvp and people trying to get a quick buck off others and frankly you need to find something to fill in the holes once you have finished some of the other stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I remember back when int birds used to own! (at level 45)

Int bird, like int bear, is mainly a PvE spec. The point of it is basically to have debuffs, and possible aoe, and that can't get as dex. They're a great PvE choice, and although they're not squishy, and have slightly less damage, they can be of help. I'm not gonna say they're better than dex bird, because that's preference. Int bird has heaps of regen, which does help. I haven't tried it in a while so I don't know a lot about it anymore, but the only/main purposes I see for it is to have debuffs, regen, and the choice of an AoE weapon. I don't see the point of it at high levels, but they are fun at low levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I tried out an int bird build back in AO3.

Let me just say, in terms of pvp they're useless. I did it mostly for pve fun, but it still suffers some damage loss. It is kinda fun to play though with an aoe staff, but it would be suicide in the Sewers.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    I tried out an int bird build back in AO3.

Let me just say, in terms of pvp they're useless. I did it mostly for pve fun, but it still suffers some damage loss. It is kinda fun to play though with an aoe staff, but it would be suicide in the Sewers.
    I'm gonna spec Sigkill to INT for one day using full mega mage and see the results ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersteak View Post
    I'm gonna spec Sigkill to INT for one day using full mega mage and see the results ^^
    80 M/S ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Is that with the meditation on though?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Is that with the meditation on though?
    Yep
    /////

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

So 48 without - same as mage with the ring (I forget the name) that gives 3 m/s + full mega mage with set bonus + natural int regen.

I wonder how practical a build it is? On the plus side, mana regen won't be a problem. When level 50 was the cap, I knew someone who later quit that used to carry around the full cosmos set with the keeper's staff. He did pretty well and in terms of net damage, sometimes outdid dex birds. The only weakness was against bosses. He didn't pvp though, so I have no idea what that would be like.

On the plus side, the mega mage does offer pretty decent protection now; historically mage armor has been the worst, so all in all, possibly a viable pve build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    So 48 without - same as mage with the ring (I forget the name) that gives 3 m/s + full mega mage with set bonus + natural int regen.

I wonder how practical a build it is? On the plus side, mana regen won't be a problem. When level 50 was the cap, I knew someone who later quit that used to carry around the full cosmos set with the keeper's staff. He did pretty well and in terms of net damage, sometimes outdid dex birds. The only weakness was against bosses. He didn't pvp though, so I have no idea what that would be like.

On the plus side, the mega mage does offer pretty decent protection now; historically mage armor has been the worst, so all in all, possibly a viable pve build.
    Guanab? It's a pity . I was thinking about trying out int bird too. I'm thinking it should be pretty good now considering they have higher armor and the around the same weapon damage as their dex bird counter parts.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

NO!... trust me.. Don't do it. Since I had some int equips today I decided to try the intbird and.. It's not all that good. In PvE I was having fun at first till I started takin to much damage and in PvP well I don't even want to talk about it. That's how bad it was. Just everyone please avoid trying an intbird at such a high level like 55 or 56 -.- I speced Jespow to int and trust me it sucked. I felt so bad for my poor bird.
    N W A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My first character was a bird and after a few exp levels I started to put all point in Int, because I was fascinated by the higher DPS of low level staff dropped. When I started to realize the basic game mechanisms (I was about level 15, i don't remember), scratched out the character and restarted a new bird (actually an Hybrid, 71 STR, but I am going to respec to full DEX).

Actually, INT points gives more results than DEX points on secondary attributes only in Mana and M/s; the only advantage an Int Bird have will be low Mana pot consumption, but you get drowbacks in Hit%, Crit%, Health regen, Armor and (mainly) DPS. You gained some pots for having a frail, weak, and powerless bird. A wren.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Can somebody post the attack skills of a full dex lv55 bird plz (i.e all the arrow damages preferably lv6)
    This is important business...^^

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I love how my Faluna has no chance 1vs1 unless I get a cruel blast crit.
    BUT
    in a group, this bird is one of the best kill thiefs I have SEEN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think you guys are forgetting the main reason for any int bird in PVP. PROCS = C-C-C-C-C-OMBOS

This is why lvl 45 smartbirds were good because of all the dark staffs and wands available. You were able to mix thoth and isis gear for great hp/mana regen, pre nerf.