Thread: Lvl 50 Gear Question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Lvl 50 Gear Question

I just hit 50 with my bear, and I've got Mystery Helm and Armor, Screaming Skull Shield, and the pink axe (not hate) - can't recall exactly the name.

I know Hate Stuff has better armor, but it's HIGH! When I get to 51 will BS oranges and greens be as good if not better??

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah you could save the money and go for 51. Also what class are you using warrior or paladin? If its a paladin hate is better than 51 gear till you get fury imo I haven't found a good combination to work better than hate. I was a paladin a while back and respec. For bear 51 can be better.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Imo you should save your money and get the big lvl 55 sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Gotta catch em all.
    check out this thread for a list of scams! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-common-scams

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Don't mean to jack this thread, but hopefully my question is related enough to warrant posting in this thread and not starting a new one.

I was wondering what you bear tanks wear for general purpose tanking? I have the follow gear available:
    1. Royal Sewer Helm & Chest
    2. Fury Helm
    3. Full bodyguard set
    4. Full Hateful & Rift
    5. All the greens & orange sets

I wear Royal Sewer + bodyguard (maybe switch in the fury helm if I don't want to pot) for more difficult tanking. My main question is what should I be wearing for easy tanking - such as fast hideout runs, where a single beckon + stomp into the wall with everyone else's combos clears all the mobs? And also for boss tanking, where taking hits isn't too difficult, but keeping up DPS and holding threat over high DPS birds is difficult?

I've been wearing my hateful set for tanking hideout and gold fever because it *feels* like I do more damage and hold aggro more easily. I wear full bellows for tanking King & Queen. After reading this thread, I wonder if I should be putting together a mixed package of 55 gear instead of full hateful. It would be relatively easy to do just by looking at all the options and getting a better mix of crit/hit/dps with enough dodge and armor, but I don't know how to factor in the hateful set proc. Any thoughts? Thanks in advanced!

Kiitz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duped View Post
    I just hit 50 with my bear, and I've got Mystery Helm and Armor, Screaming Skull Shield, and the pink axe (not hate) - can't recall exactly the name.

I know Hate Stuff has better armor, but it's HIGH! When I get to 51 will BS oranges and greens be as good if not better??

Thanks!
    The Orange/Green/Purple pieces are very much enough.

Even at 55, while trying to save for the highest tier gear, they're more than enough.

Refer to my 55 Warrior Gear List so you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post
    Don't mean to jack this thread, but hopefully my question is related enough to warrant posting in this thread and not starting a new one.

I was wondering what you bear tanks wear for general purpose tanking? I have the follow gear available:
    1. Royal Sewer Helm & Chest
    2. Fury Helm
    3. Full bodyguard set
    4. Full Hateful & Rift
    5. All the greens & orange sets

I wear Royal Sewer + bodyguard (maybe switch in the fury helm if I don't want to pot) for more difficult tanking. My main question is what should I be wearing for easy tanking - such as fast hideout runs, where a single beckon + stomp into the wall with everyone else's combos clears all the mobs? And also for boss tanking, where taking hits isn't too difficult, but keeping up DPS and holding threat over high DPS birds is difficult?

I've been wearing my hateful set for tanking hideout and gold fever because it *feels* like I do more damage and hold aggro more easily. I wear full bellows for tanking King & Queen. After reading this thread, I wonder if I should be putting together a mixed package of 55 gear instead of full hateful. It would be relatively easy to do just by looking at all the options and getting a better mix of crit/hit/dps with enough dodge and armor, but I don't know how to factor in the hateful set proc. Any thoughts? Thanks in advanced!

Kiitz
    I personally use for tanking:

Royal Helm
    Rooters 1H Sword
    Royal Plate
    Cleaners Shield

The only reason I'm using a Rooters sword is to get that 4 M/S and to avoid using pots as much as possible, be self sufficient.
    I'd swap that Rooters Sword with a Plungers Sword if I wanted pure tanking and didn't mind pot usage. (Plungers just loses 2 dodge but gains 4 armour from Fury).

As for bosses, Cleaners pieces has a nice balance between tanking and DPS abilities
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 03-29-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Thanks Ellyidol

Exactly the breakdown I was looking for!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Appreciate it then! My next question would be why is the gear so expensive if it's improved in one level??! Rift set is 250K and hate is like 800k+!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Appreciate it then! My next question would be why is the gear so expensive if it's improved in one level??! Rift set is 250K and hate is like 800k+!
    Because they want to be all sparkly IMO

Edit:

If you buy a set now, you should be able to sell it later for about the same amount of money. For the 2 months I've been playing I've only seen prices go up (for most of the sets anyway), so it might even be a worthwhile investment of your gold.
    Last edited by JaytB; 03-29-2011 at 11:25 AM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hmm, interesting. I've seen prices fluctuate, and I've taken a bath on one particular piece of STR pink armor that the price halved in a matter of 10 days. Probably not the same for the high level stuff though. This was level 35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

my opinion and how I do it is when u are in between levels, always start to buy or farm the lvl cap gears... ie u r lvl 51 now so farm or start looking for deals for the top lvl 55 sets. buying lvl 51 pink gear will only last u a weekend of play until u get to lvl 52 which imo is a waste of money and time.

in your journey to getting lvl 55 gear, u will get drops... regardless of color, they will prob be better then ur current gear so switch into those.... if ur lucky u will farm a pink which i can use or sell after u reach lvl 55.
    IGN: Inching

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Cost on a lot of items are based on rarity and appearance, not application of such items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Cost on a lot of items are based on rarity and appearance, not application of such items.
    In theory - there shouldn't be as big a gap between top end level 55 gear and the normal purple/green/yellow - they all have the same textures. Only one variable, rarity is impacting price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    In theory - there shouldn't be as big a gap between top end level 55 gear and the normal purple/green/yellow - they all have the same textures. Only one variable, rarity is impacting price.
    There's one, maybe, factor too.

What's the word.. Satisfaction? Security? Of actually using a pink.

Pinks are overrated :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No it's not overrated for me because and not limit to the following

Pinks makes it easier for player that:
    1) to have a clean inventories - pinks always on the top, easier to liq items
    2) makes you appreciate seeing pink in real life - hello kitty?
    3) improve survival for players who are much less skillful <points at himself>
    4) cross off list of things to do/accomplish
    5) good gift items, people appreciate more when given a pink vs a purple/green/orange lol
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear