Thread: Crafting material, additional maps, additional lore

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Lightbulb Crafting material, additional maps, additional lore

Hello folks!

Today I was thinking about craftable vanity helms with bonuses (a.k.a. Big Luck). This is a great idea and I was thinkng where someone could find clover in PL, sawmps! From here I have come up with the ideas I am showing you now.
    As many of you know PL is lacking some lore, and lore for me means also where you can find certain materials/elements across the world we are playing.
    Taken this into account, I suggest to cut off Meathead drops of gems (I mean lvl 55s farming Meathead seems nosense to me) and turn them into daily quests that gives you those gems. I am still prone to make higher level get some items from lower dungeons (since this way all maps are still played - I have in mind A01 which is always skipped) but let's make examples:

- Vanity big Luck: To craft it, choose a vanity helm of your liking (following some suggestion that I liked) and find some weeds from the swamps (f.e. the bushes you find in the mc Croc and Scalefield open maps, which will randomly drop this quest item). At this point you go back to your trusty crafter where he'll craft for you your own Big Horned Helm Of Big Luck.

- Relocate gems: The power/gladiator/... gems should be quest drops from the stone giants of vylwood (seems more natural to me) which means this random drops ONLY after you have taken the appropriate daily quest.

- More intersection maps: following al that I have been saying we need more connection maps. With this term (connection) I mean maps like cemetery road (I have already suggested some; f.e. the road between glumdoll and swamps - which will have a street leading to a portal spawing into skeller campaing - or the road between frost haven and Oasis, which will lead also to the Frozen Nightmare campaign). Expanding our maps will give us more spots where we can find raw materials.

With this suggestion I opt to gain some benefits at the same time: Expand the maps - expand the crafting quests - expand the lore all with one (or few more) move.
    What do you think?

Suggestion delivered.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 03-29-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We need to be able to develope certain skills. Like fishing, mining, and all that stuff for crafting.

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I like your suggestion superglut2 that would immerse people even more into the lore of the game and explain how actual NPC lives in Arterra (or is Alterra? I always forget).
    I think a good addition to the lore of this game are the homeworld of avians, bears and elves ( I mean some sort of villages, where talking to the people you get obtain more info on the history of the races).
    Elves (Can be even FH, but some other maps which looks more like a village would be much appreciated)
    Avians (Mountains or Desert).
    Bears (As we have seen from the tutorial, they come from the icy caves, so an Icy village linked to Forst haven could be it).
    I think some maps lore-oriented would be cool (you can add also some shops or anything interesting that can make people go to those location). Even revamping exiting townes would be ok
    Last edited by nazgulking; 04-04-2011 at 08:52 AM.