Thread: New Player, Looking For PvP Details/Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New Player, Looking For PvP Details/Help

Hello, just a little backstory, HUGE Xbox fan, played everything from RB6V to Call of Duty. I am very competitive lol, and like being one of the top players mentioned. I just recently got a new phone and my xbox is broken and I downloaded this game. I have been playing it for little under a month I have been playing all the quests a little timid to play the PvP since I've been into a few games and just been taken out very quickly. I'm a very quick learner and have been reading up on a few threads but I just must be missing something about PvP. I am starting a new account right now but if anybody is able to help me out with PvP (gears, combos, stats, skill points.) It will be greatly appreciated. I know most of the ins and outs of these types of games, but for some reason I just can't get the handle on this one.
    And if anyone is i don't know how to say this but bluntly, annoyed? I guess is how you can say it but how I want to be one of the top players in this game, I know the first generation of the players will be the best because they discovered all these things out way before anyone else even knew what to do. I just want to be one of the young guns, kinda like an apprentice I guess you can say. I'm determined, I have school and work all day so this is basically my only way to get away from the stress of my life and have something to do that I enjoy. But not to drag this out any longer, I have been playing this game for a little while and know the little things but need someone to teach me a little about PvP because PvE is getting a little boring. All help is appreciated. Either PM me on here (which probably won't work since I'm getting on PL right now) so just add me on PL.

Username: Baalzhebub
    Thanks for your time, hope to talk to someone soon.
    Last edited by xRaNdU; 03-29-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

There is a thread about this. Called PL helper indexes, has guides on all things PL. It's somewhere in here.
    I made it too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey welcome to the PvP world . Most people wont give word for word there build but they might give some brief pointers like the obvious. But if you decided to make any kind of bear ( Ursan Warrior) ALWAYS max rage ( 6 Points).

Hope this helped atleast a little bit .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you for the warm welcomes Parasyte and Noobmigo, I have thoroughly read the enchantress guides, but there's a lot of questions I still have. Right now as of this moment, I've had a 28 Pure INT Mage, and a 23 DexBear. Neither of them have done what I should be able to do in a PvP arena. There are too many variables. I'm not asking for someones complete build, the best thing about this game is that there are so many things we can do to our characters to tweak them in different ways depending on what the opponent is doing. I just started another Enchantress character lvl 5 right now. I haven't put any stat points anywhere because I want the high DPS and damage, but don't want to get one hit by a dexbear like it was with my pure INT Mage because that was really annoying. There are a few people I've played with that have Pure INT mages and can just demolish Dexbears like they are nothing and with lower level. So there's just something I'm not getting about this whole thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by xRaNdU View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcomes Parasyte and Noobmigo, I have thoroughly read the enchantress guides, but there's a lot of questions I still have. Right now as of this moment, I've had a 28 Pure INT Mage, and a 23 DexBear. Neither of them have done what I should be able to do in a PvP arena. There are too many variables. I'm not asking for someones complete build, the best thing about this game is that there are so many things we can do to our characters to tweak them in different ways depending on what the opponent is doing. I just started another Enchantress character lvl 5 right now. I haven't put any stat points anywhere because I want the high DPS and damage, but don't want to get one hit by a dexbear like it was with my pure INT Mage because that was really annoying. There are a few people I've played with that have Pure INT mages and can just demolish Dexbears like they are nothing and with lower level. So there's just something I'm not getting about this whole thing.
    if your mage is around level 30ish get brain freeze eye wand body and a pink int 25-29 helm and go PURE int that should be good

also have 6 heal 4 ice blast (the single shot) 4 on lightning 4 on fire 2 health drain.. 2 on weaken 2 on nightmare , and 3 on each buff my mage is 400-174 so the build is decent i dont mind giving it out as there are better ones but that is myn and it seems to work well
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icantgetkills View Post
    if your mage is around level 30ish get brain freeze eye wand body and a pink int 25-29 helm and go PURE int that should be good

also have 6 heal 4 ice blast (the single shot) 4 on lightning 4 on fire 2 health drain.. 2 on weaken 2 on nightmare , and 3 on each buff my mage is 400-174 so the build is decent i dont mind giving it out as there are better ones but that is myn and it seems to work well
    Single target ice only needs one point, drain/buffs need alot more points...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Welcome to pvp. And in the words of Ozzy

Get ready for the last fight!!!!
    Get ready with the war cry!!!
    Forget California girls, Joysey girls are where it's at!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He was a lvl 20, smashing kids around 25. Ive bought plat and tried tinkering around with the skill points and stat points but cant really seem to find anything that will take a dexbear 1v1.. But oh well, im sure i'll find it out. Thanks for the warm welcomes. And ok think it depends on what build your going for if you want to put more than one in single target ice blast right? Because if its an AoE build isn't that kind of the point to boost up your attacks and not so much the buffs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xRaNdU View Post
    He was a lvl 20, smashing kids around 25. Ive bought plat and tried tinkering around with the skill points and stat points but cant really seem to find anything that will take a dexbear 1v1.. But oh well, im sure i'll find it out. Thanks for the warm welcomes. And ok think it depends on what build your going for if you want to put more than one in single target ice blast right? Because if its an AoE build isn't that kind of the point to boost up your attacks and not so much the buffs?
    Welcome!

Don't know much about pvp, but I know that the dmg increase of ice spells per skill lvl is very small. So I would have to disagree on the buff/debuff vs frostbite.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
    Last edited by JaytB; 03-30-2011 at 08:05 AM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats what im looking for lol, I know the damage goes up in small incremints therefore I would go for a buff? But if your just looking for max damage wouldn't you just max out ice blast?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

It's a waste of points, it only increases max damage a tiny bit. Same with icestorm, for my twink, nothings there. Too small AOE. I suggest maxing BOV and BOM, +40 armor/ + 30dmg and +60 crit change, respectively. Split the rest between drain, firestorm, light, and heal. Depends on your playstyle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, that clears it up a bit. Now pvp againsr a dexbear, would icestorm be helpful since there attacks stun you, wouldnt that almost be the counter to the stomp? To freeze I mean.