Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warrior disadvantage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Warrior disadvantage?

To be a good warrior you have to lead and always be ahead of the group. For that reason, I can't seem to have time to text or accept friend request during runs. It's easy to see warriors slack since they always must keep moving and be ahead of the group. I feel bad when a group member die because it just give me a feeling of not doing a good enough job as a warrior. Anybody having the same problem or it's me being a slower texter? By the way, I am not ranting or anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benaorn View Post
    To be a good warrior you have to lead and always be ahead of the group. For that reason, I can't seem to have time to text or accept friend request during runs. It's easy to see warriors slack since they always must keep moving and be ahead of the group. I feel bad when a group member die because it just give me a feeling of not doing a good enough job as a warrior. Anybody having the same problem or it's me being a slower texter? By the way, I am not ranting or anything
    Not just warrior. If I reply to something while playing I find myself halfway across the map by the time I hit "done". Often with a dead warrior somewhere down the road. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Not just warrior. If I reply to something while playing I find myself halfway across the map by the time I hit "done". Often with a dead warrior somewhere down the road. lol
    Tap to move much? Mages have it worst. I was apparently standing next to some dead guy for a minute as I replied a discussion and failed to Rez him lol
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I definitely feel the same when I'm tanking. Plus when the new run starts you always have to be the first to run ahead, whereas the others can get away with a quick "brb gonna grab a soda" and catch up later.

I think my close friends know which alts I tank on and they understand if I don't reply right away. As for those who aren't close friends - I'm just not that worried about what they might think.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah for the warrior since you are leader of the pack but happens to all classes, mage gets behind and people die they will get mad and if you are an archer then the group will slow down. But yeah anyway Ben you are a good player I am sure we can slow down a bit if you are on our group.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Go Dex so you can avoid tanking Lol jk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

just because ur a bear does not mean u need to "lead the group" and run out front. Im a mage and I can also tank ahead of the group and not die.
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just reply brb.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Go Dex so you can avoid tanking Lol jk.
    I've been booted from a game for wearing a Raid set! Reason: "I don't like bow bears"

I don't know whether it's me but I'm noticing a couple of trends:

1. Impatient/intollerating players
    2. Lack of courtesy in the event a game is full; I'm booted before I even get a chance to ask, "Room?" (extension of #1)
    3. Overall no love for bears (I don't get the same negative vibe for being a Pally - but I don't think she's noticeably better/faster than my bear)
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

You could put '/r am a bit busy now... Will talk later.' or something in one of the quick reply slots. Personally, I found it a very useful function, especially when playing on my phone where the keyboard takes about half the screen.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post
    I've been booted from a game for wearing a Raid set! Reason: "I don't like bow bears"

2. Lack of courtesy in the event a game is full; I'm booted before I even get a chance to ask, "Room?" (extension of #1)
    3. Overall no love for bears (I don't get the same negative vibe for being a Pally - but I don't think she's noticeably better/faster than my bear)
    I'd rather get booted by people like this than helping them run a dungeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I'd rather get booted by people like this than helping them run a dungeon.
    +1. Now that I think about - same. Best to get booted than to run with these people - I highly doubt that they were a capable team.

I got booted yesterday from a Catacombs by some random guy as my mage for reason "pure int". First he/she said that I would hold back the team because I have low hp and then promptly booted me (can't remember name and quite frankly, I don't want to; too many people have randomly generated computer names these days; it was some pally who clearly had issues with pure int).
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 03-31-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post

Wow.

TBH, in PvE, I find bow bears better than tanking bears. Granted its a bit more expensive on pots, but your damage is just way way more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Wow.

TBH, in PvE, I find bow bears better than tanking bears. Granted its a bit more expensive on pots, but your damage is just way way more.
    Such logic does not enter into the minds of people who boot because they don't "like" bow bears.

I just wish that there were levels where being pure strength would be a great advantage and where a bear's skills were truly invaluable. Catacombs is close to that in the Sewers as is the Shadow Caves.

Edit: By difficult enough for pure strength to be useful, I mean a hypothetical level that a full fury pally or bow bear would have difficulties surviving, but a pure strength could manage it with some effort. It would significantly increase the value of bears again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I been very lucky I always get to group with friends/players that I know of... Perhaps one of these days i need to get out more often and see what's it's like in pugs that will boot heh.

Those booters must not read forums or else they know Ben/Elf/Neko are all pro / good people...

It's totally their loss
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    I got booted yesterday from a Catacombs by some random guy as my mage for reason "pure int".
    Lol at paladin booting pure int - considering int mages are putting their lives in danger to deal extra damage for the party. Personally I feel like booting paladins who don't tank. I know from pvp experience how bad a paladin can be at killing anything compared to pure int, so my take is if you're going to be a paladin, you'd better be playing aggressively enough to justify why you need to be pally. Too often I see paladins just hang back with the group and play as if they were int mages. Haven't booted yet but I'm not exactly happy to see them in my groups either.

Anyways, hosts have the right to choose teams as they see fit, and sometimes their reasoning is wrong. I just move on to another group - plenty of games out there, and I don't want to be playing with a noob host anyway.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Lol at paladin booting pure int - considering int mages are putting their lives in danger to deal extra damage for the party. Personally I feel like booting paladins who don't tank. I know from pvp experience how bad a paladin can be at killing anything compared to pure int, so my take is if you're going to be a paladin, you'd better be playing aggressively enough to justify why you need to be pally. Too often I see paladins just hang back with the group and play as if they were int mages. Haven't booted yet but I'm not exactly happy to see them in my groups either.

Anyways, hosts have the right to choose teams as they see fit, and sometimes their reasoning is wrong. I just move on to another group - plenty of games out there, and I don't want to be playing with a noob host anyway.
    I think I have figured out why a lot of them respeced to pally. There are 2 types of pallys:

1. Mage-bears (you yourself are like this Kalielle): They stay in front, they like to roundup, and they generally seem to be quite effective. They usually have very high K/D ratios. A few of these characters sometimes put 70% or even 100% of their skills into strength.

2. Former pure ints: These are players that usually respeced because they have had issues surviving as pure int. I suspect that the person who booted me was one of them - many of these players assume that all pure ints will have survivability issues and that nobody could possibly play a pure int without dying frequently. Many of these players have adopted a more conservative playstyle. A lot of hybrid ints also belong into this category.

3. Former bear players: I have been told that the transition from bear to mage is one of the toughest. If your first character was a strength bear and your second is an int mage, the transition can be very tough - many respec to adapt.

I suppose that a fourth category would be players that wanted to try something different.

Pally in a sense is "easier" to play in that it is more well, forgiving. I suppose that strength bear is like that too, which may be why many bears still opt for strength oriented configurations rather than the dex configurations. If your charge in, you are likely to survive as pally or strength bear if things go wrong. Tanking with dex bear is much more pot intensive and less forgiving (at least that was how I remembered it - on my to do list is to level a second bear). Pure int is even less forgiving than that - if you charge in, and your nuke doesn't kill, you need to be ready to act fast or you will be dead very quickly.

It has been said that a pure int does as much damage a pally with melee pot, but a pally is as durable as a pure int with tank pot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

there's alot more problems with bears. i can barely pvp, had to put dex on my pure bear so that my hit% wouldn't be 65%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    there's alot more problems with bears. i can barely pvp, had to put dex on my pure bear so that my hit% wouldn't be 65%.
    Of course you do :P

But at pure str, I don't think birds/mages can kill you through 2 combos even. Unless, they are really lucky with all their attacks landing and critting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Of course you do :P

But at pure str, I don't think birds/mages can kill you through 2 combos even. Unless, they are really lucky with all their attacks landing and critting.
    Come to think of it, how does pure strength bear with say, sewer plate and helm with fury 1-handed and shield fare in pvp these days?The problem is, you can't kill them that easily because your damage is not that great, although it is somewhat mitigated by the higher skill damage. Durable though - probably the hardest build to kill in the game.