Thread: My Idea for Obtaining the New Mythic Set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default My Idea for Obtaining the New Mythic Set

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Mythic Glintstone Armor

Next, the rarer and more powerful Glintstone Sets. You'll need to collect the following mythic crafting ingredients:

Attachment 131169
    Attachment 131170
    Attachment 131171

Which will be crafted into.....

Attachment 131160
    As you can see, earlier today Remiem announced that new armor sets (including the new Mythic Glintstone Armor set) will be released with the Rage of Ren'Gol expansion later this year. Many people are wishing for this set to be obtainable by hard work, rather than the usual "chance drop" that has been the previous traditional path for obtaining everything else. So let's break this tradition of "luck" with this sweet chain of quests for this wicked armor set.

First off, let's collect the ingredients! As Madnex posted in the official thread, everyone should be able to attain the ingredients in the same amount of runs as everyone else. Meaning that it isn't fair for someone to run 5 times and loot it and for someone else to run 5,000 times and still not loot it. So grab your hoes and pitchforks and lets start farming!

For the first ingredient, the Vial of Orcsbane, the player must kill 2,500 orcs to harvest their blood and also kill 100 of the new elite bosses to gather their essences and combine them to create this ingredient.

For the second ingredient, the Cryogem Fragment, the player must kill a certain elite boss 250 times to gather up Cryogem Pieces and then go find a hidden random npc to assemble them together to form the fragment. (NPC is picked at random from 50 others, so players have to actually look for the NPC each time they craft, so they won't be going back to the same npc to craft it.)

For the final ingredient, the Ren'Gol Ancestual Rune, the player must kill the elite final boss (Ren'Gol?) 200 times and also 50 times while enraged, and then go see a RuneMaster in town to fuse the rune shards together to create the final rune.

Note: These quests can only be done one at a time, and are still able to *cancel* (but if you cancel, you lose all progress in the quest) to accept a new quest for a different ingredient. All ingredients are obviously tradeable.

After all ingredients are obtained, the player must undertake an arduous task in a long, difficult cave (normally closed off by a guard until all three ingredients are in possession), where the final loot dropped from the boss for the cave will be the recipe, which is not tradeable.

After all of this, the player will be able to craft the new mythics from the new legendary set + the ingredients.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I encourage feedback on this! Alterations, etc are welcome.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I support any method of crafting that requires items that are guaranteed drops like boss essences.

Your ideas are cool and I'd like to see something like this implemented

5. The Following User Says Thank You to carmine_blade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I think that this would be a good way to get away from "luck". A hard but doable way of getting very good gear is exactly what we need and would make the economy for the average player better. Not to mention it would help stop plat abuse. With locks no longer being the way to get the best armor (it will probably be the best armor) more players will be interested in playing arcane legends.

A way for sts to still make money from this: sts could sell a item that makes mobs hit for 10% damage and makes the holder hit for 10% more damage. Or a elixir that makes things count 2x for the quest. This would take any concerns about money loss from not using locks anymore out of the picture. Well still letting the ingredients farmable

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azagreoralu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Sts still no doubt have some stupid 'luck' involved that has zero to do with hard work. Whether it's in locked or some fossil rarity drop... Guaranteed it will be in there. I would rather have 1. Be able to buy outright or 2. Given after x amounts of runs for the components.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azagreoralu View Post
    I think that this would be a good way to get away from "luck". A hard but doable way of getting very good gear is exactly what we need and would make the economy for the average player better. Not to mention it would help stop plat abuse. With locks no longer being the way to get the best armor (it will probably be the best armor) more players will be interested in playing arcane legends.

A way for sts to still make money from this: sts could sell a item that makes mobs hit for 10% damage and makes the holder hit for 10% more damage. Or a elixir that makes things count 2x for the quest. This would take any concerns about money loss from not using locks anymore out of the picture. Well still letting the ingredients farmable
    Yeah! Add something like a Bane Item similarly to the prev events!

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Sts still no doubt have some stupid 'luck' involved that has zero to do with hard work. Whether it's in locked or some fossil rarity drop... Guaranteed it will be in there. I would rather have 1. Be able to buy outright or 2. Given after x amounts of runs for the components.
    I've often wondered why we can't just buy items directly with plat, like the mythic pets in the stable. I guess this benefits the platfarmers more than the average player though.

Personally I'd pay 250 plat for each component of the set.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to carmine_blade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    I've often wondered why we can't just buy items directly with plat, like the mythic pets in the stable. I guess this benefits the platfarmers more than the average player though.

Personally I'd pay 250 plat for each component of the set.
    Trust me I would be thrilled if I could just buy stuff outright. The luck stuff is so annoying!!!!!!! They just make more off it so ofc it never happens. But it's a turn off to those of us with a deep wallet and bad luck. I would much rather fork over the cash and know I get something in return than play roulette.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Trust me I would be thrilled if I could just buy stuff outright. The luck stuff is so annoying!!!!!!! They just make more off it so ofc it never happens. But it's a turn off to those of us with a deep wallet and bad luck. I would much rather fork over the cash and know I get something in return than play roulette.
    Only if we could. But ideas like this farming quests for mythics are even better! With a bit of hard work you can earn you're gear instead of having to buy it from some guy who is lucky and frankly is probably doing you know what to get plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Yeah. I don't mind spending my money on something but I dislike gambling it away!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Agree with candylicks I would pay 250 or more for mythic armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agree hate stupid luck im unlucky

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

You do realize 200+ runs in elite is way too much for each essence? So you will run nearly 1k times just for 1 set of mythic? Way too much PLUS we won't even know how hard those elites will be right? Think again

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Aerodude For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I might have to quit my job to get this mythic set done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I think the Ren'gol ancenstral rune is from crates. While the legendary set will be completely farmable the mythic set will require crate components .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Great ideaa sts has a broken random number generator so fixed numbers will be a gud news to farmers.

IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azagreoralu View Post
    Only if we could. But ideas like this farming quests for mythics are even better! With a bit of hard work you can earn you're gear instead of having to buy it from some guy who is lucky and frankly is probably doing you know what to get plat.
    Again this is where the fail and frustration lies. Take for example the planar tombs. They 100% screw you with the luck based component. Is that fact that the person who has run arena over 700 times never dropped recipe but person who hardly runs drops one after five? They don't reward the people who farm they reward stupid blind luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Again this is where the fail and frustration lies. Take for example the planar tombs. They 100% screw you with the luck based component. Is that fact that the person who has run arena over 700 times never dropped recipe but person who hardly runs drops one after five? They don't reward the people who farm they reward stupid blind luck.
    Same w/ Kalizza,, he ran arena 900+ times, and someone has opened 10,000++ arena chests by now - no fossil no recipe, GG!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    Same w/ Kalizza,, he ran arena 900+ times, and someone has opened 10,000++ arena chests by now - no fossil no recipe, GG!
    That's right and he has since quit the game. It really drives people to frustration when they dangle the carrot too far from reach. I really dislike that single annoying luck based crafting component. They should either remove it or also make it outright purchasable with plat. I never dropped fossil, recipe either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodude View Post
    You do realize 200+ runs in elite is way too much for each essence? So you will run nearly 1k times just for 1 set of mythic? Way too much PLUS we won't even know how hard those elites will be right? Think again
    Well, they are mythics, so they shouldn't be easy to obtain! Would you rather run 1,000 times for guaranteed mythics or 5,000 with only junk epics?

Arcane Legends Discord

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post: