Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf nekro thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Nekro can stay the way it is for pve but it really needs a pvp adjustment.

Picking between arcane pets should also be like picking between legendary or mythics, they all offer a bonus but there is none that sticks out so much that you will use it every single time in any situation.

Nekro owners usually have another arcane pet but i never seen a nekro player use that because there really is not any situation they would benefit more from using it.

I kind of find it funny we have a pet that is used in elite where bosses one hit and also in pvp. Elite bosses do more damage than any player, why is a shield designed for pve being used in pvp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    No where did I imply that top gear equated to plat farming, I was stating that if you're looking to get a Nekro within this century, that farming arena probably isn't the way to go...
    Point taken. I wasn't personally saying YOU, I was just referring to that logic. It's a common theme more and more often that if someone has good items it's from plat farming, which in some cases it is true.

Nogaf warning:

I'm not sure how Sts or Nekro owners can win with this.... when Nekro was released there were complaints about getting Singe for the recipe..
    Then there were complaints about fossil and vials and crafting elements...
    Then the complaints about it being too strong...
    Then the complaints about it being too weak...
    And here we are again that it's too strong....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kujimasun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

But, were you farming specifically to loot a fossil to make a Nekro? Or, were you there for the recipe drop and got a pleasant surprise?

?does it matter what I was farming for?

That morning I had not been to the arena yet. I carried a few arena master chests over from the previous day. TBH I was only hoping to loot a rein blood as they were selling for around 200k that morning When I farm the arena I am there for the fun and who's going to loot. For me (I don't look at it as an "I" thing) it's about a fun team & environment, the drops are just a bonus!!

I like to enjoy the game in a positive way
    Last edited by Avaree; 04-25-2015 at 08:35 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

if this buff/nerf cycle continues, i dont really see any point in playing this game anymore, the cycle is so vicious that its not amusing anymore, why not nerf/buff pets starting from guapo til it reaches sns power level, then everyone will be content, and everything is right again, and happiness is restored to planet earth.
    Up and down, over and through, back around, the jokes on you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Svvords For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

another nerf thread this game is getting boring people have paid serious gold for this pet ... is more on if you can afford it..

This game i guess is if you have gold and plat you can have all you want
    Last edited by will0; 04-25-2015 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Svvords View Post
    if this buff/nerf cycle continues, i dont really see any point in playing this game anymore, the cycle is so vicious that its not amusing anymore, why not nerf/buff pets starting from guapo til it reaches sns power level, then everyone will be content, and everything is right again, and happiness is restored to planet earth.
    Arcane legends is pretty slow to buff and nerf stuff actually. There are other games where they do it every week in order to balance the game as much as possible. If you can't resist a few tweaks on a pet then you really wouldn't resist more than a few days in other games especially in the more competitive ones.

Or maybe you are just a nekro user and you enjoy your speed hacks and godmode way too much and don't want to see it go away not even by 20-30% nerf as it needs.

If people can't resist some tweaks on a pet how do others resist playing against it? You don't see me threatening to leave the game but raise valid concerns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

maybe you should try telling that to yourself, afterall youre the one who started this whine thread, if you cant adapt to the changes sts does to counter effects ingame, does it automatically become my problem? and have you tried clashing against a breeze stack? you know how annoying that one is? yes breeze, the pet thats supposed to have been tamed down?......its not, it still wreaks havoc.

and FYI. I dont play the game anymore, and yes, I have a nekro, I could care less, Its just annoying to see buff/nerf threads everytime someone thinks something is op.

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Arcane legends is pretty slow to buff and nerf stuff actually. There are other games where they do it every week in order to balance the game as much as possible. If you can't resist a few tweaks on a pet then you really wouldn't resist more than a few days in other games especially in the more competitive ones.

Or maybe you are just a nekro user and you enjoy your speed hacks and godmode way too much and don't want to see it go away not even by 20-30% nerf as it needs.

If people can't resist some tweaks on a pet how do others resist playing against it? You don't see me threatening to leave the game but raise valid concerns.
    Last edited by Svvords; 04-25-2015 at 07:42 PM.
    Up and down, over and through, back around, the jokes on you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

It is clear now that you guys will not be satisfied with whatever changes StS brings to the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CouchPass View Post
    It is clear now that you guys will not be satisfied with whatever changes StS brings to the game.
    Do you even pvp bro?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post

I'll readily admit I'm a Nekro user. I do like the Arcane ability, but I'm not invincible. Arcane pets are not about balance, they are about brute force and wow factor. They make farming/ crate opening/ saving worth it. AND I still get my butt kicked by other people.

Why don't we address the elephant in the room shall we?

This is'nt about the Arcane ability. This is about not being able to obtain what others have, yeah I said it. Otherwise these types of threads would not exist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

But, were you farming specifically to loot a fossil to make a Nekro? Or, were you there for the recipe drop and got a pleasant surprise?
    Avaree mentioned in one of her posts that when she had completed the Recipe quest for nekro, she opened a few arena chests and recieved a fossil on the 2nd chest. Soon she had a lv12 nekro when she had posted.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wazakesy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    Avaree mentioned in one of her posts that when she had completed the Recipe quest for nekro, she opened a few arena chests and recieved a fossil on the 2nd chest. Soon she had a lv12 nekro when she had posted.
    Below is the original post

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    After a very long time, I finally finished my Nekro quest today my second Arena Master's Chest I opened today tossed me a fossil.

I do agree with what I quoted you on ! (I was so excited I looted I forgot to say I agree with the above) lol...
    Avy
    12-2012

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

pvp should be divide in categories

PROS

SEMI-PROS

REGULAR

NOOB

AND THEN ME :v

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiasaria For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujimasun View Post
    I'll readily admit I'm a Nekro user. I do like the Arcane ability, but I'm not invincible. Arcane pets are not about balance, they are about brute force and wow factor. They make farming/ crate opening/ saving worth it. AND I still get my butt kicked by other people.

Why don't we address the elephant in the room shall we?

This is'nt about the Arcane ability. This is about not being able to obtain what others have, yeah I said it. Otherwise these types of threads would not exist.
    I don't think you understand the point of this thread.. This IS about nekros arcane ability. If your took a second to actually read, you'd understand it too. And since you're a nekro user, I wouldn't be surprised if you're being biased, which you more than likely are. 40% damage reduction is 40% god mode, I hope you understand that. Let's not forget the extreme speed, as well as the stun on aa. If you have nekro and you're getting farmed by non nekro users, then your lack of "skill" in this game is just enormous. And therefore you don't even deserve a nekro if you can't even PvP properly. Maybe you're just saying that it's not about the aa because you can't tap an extra button? I don't know. But don't be biased toward it, we all know that its about the aa.
    I doubt sts will nerf nekro even though its needed. They will create another pet with -60% damage and then 0 damage for 12 seconds, etc and keep milking the game like they do. I don't see how people can't see through this smokescreen.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

In this case of the have and the have not's let me give my worthless opinion on this matter. SnS is very rare it should be OP and Neckro is should be also. Before I go any further I do not own either of these pets. I've basically given up on them. I just stick to pve. Common sense tells me that if I go in a room with SnS and Neckro then I just simply leave cause I know it's unbalanced. In this pay to win game I tip my hat to those who can afford to waste a lot of money on a good game. And to those who can't just deal with it. It's not meant for everyone to have these particular pets just a fact of life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I know 5 that have been looted and crafted, I crafted for myself, Shiny, Antartica, & Tonga crafted his last night. Flago is crafting or crafted, I cannot speak for Twoxc. That's 6 loots in under three weeks that I am aware of.
    Congratulations to all those who have looted the fossil from the arena chest and the planar recipe ...GJ!

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Yes, which is 6x more than in the previous 6 months combined. How do we know when the code will "accidentally" revert to the original drop rate? As nice as it is to finally hear that it's dropping, there's understandably not much faith these days.

^^^.....always making a negative out of something positive.....^^^
    Last edited by Masked; 04-26-2015 at 12:17 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Masked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Sorry but your breeze can't be op forever. Time to move on
    I chuckled at this.

@Arrowz
    You called him not skilled. A sorcerer with Nekro is still a dead sorcerer when fighting warriors. They just die slower than other sorcerers.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Nekro replaced skill in PvP. Against a team without nekro, a nekro team will dominate 99% of the time. Now I do not expect to be able to win 50% of the time with a slag, but I do want to have a chance to win, regardless of how slight. Against nekro, the only way a slag team will win is if 2 or more enemy players start pinging out. Against sns, chances of winning were slight, as they should be, but with a timely stun and a coordinated rush, a win was very possible. Against a nekro, a rush is certain death, and hiding from the speed boost is an option. Not only that, the enemy team is allowed to make mistakes and get away with it due to the 40% damage reduction.

Nekro was a huge mistake IMO, but needing it now would be unfair to the people who paid millions for it. What is going to happen is a continued cycle of making stupider and stupider pets till it gets to the point where pets banish and provide complete immunity from damage and all other harmful effects. What we really need is a viable way to break the shield. Please don't say that we can break it with damage because we really cannot do so without dying. I personally have emptied 2-3 full combos (with exped bow) into a rogue with nekro shield and ended up getting 1 hit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Below is the original post
    Thanks Avaree!

I couldnt find the post, but now i have

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Wazakesy For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I chuckled at this.

@Arrowz
    You called him not skilled. A sorcerer with Nekro is still a dead sorcerer when fighting warriors. They just die slower than other sorcerers.
    I never called him not skilled. Once again, just like on another thread tonight, STOP PUTTING WORDS IN PEOPLES MOUTHS