Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf nekro thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Svvords, i don't know if you have nekro or not but i know you are in a guild who has plenty.

I am pretty sure that when you go against nekro on the other side you will call one of your own and it will arrive within seconds. Maybe this nekro doesn't affect you as much but it doesn't mean that everyone has so many nekros at their disposal or that they should have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Svvords, i don't know if you have nekro or not but i know you are in a guild who has plenty.

I am pretty sure that when you go against nekro on the other side you will call one of your own and it will arrive within seconds. Maybe this nekro doesn't affect you as much but it doesn't mean that everyone has so many nekros at their disposal or that they should have.
    Ive had my fair share of goin up against zeus' team when i was still playing endgame, and never once did i complain about them having better gear/pet, if anything, they inspired me to improve my gears/pets to augment my skills. And i came from being a slag tank to getting sam and eventually nekro thru farm/merching coz i knew then that sam wouldnt be best pet for a long time, hence my decision to save up for nekro.
    Up and down, over and through, back around, the jokes on you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Svvords View Post
    Ive had my fair share of goin up against zeus' team when i was still playing endgame, and never once did i complain about them having better gear/pet, if anything, they inspired me to improve my gears/pets to augment my skills. And i came from being a slag tank to getting sam and eventually nekro thru farm/merching coz i knew then that sam wouldnt be best pet for a long time, hence my decision to save up for nekro.
    So how does nerfing nekro would actually affect you cause i really want to know. If it got nerfed you would still have your other gear which is above average and those skills you are talking about.

And it is not like nekro would become worthless if it gets nerfed a bit.
    Last edited by gumball3000; 04-26-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

As long as it's just for PVP lol I could careless. But you know people say "if it ain't the best and it ain't being use. It's useless" who doesn't want the best of the best if given the opportunity to have it. Such as fossil being in arena chest. That's an opportunity. Plus mythic ancient recipe. Find and sell enough of those can buy fossil. So Go go go go.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

So how does nerfing nekro would actually affect you cause i really want to know. If it got nerfed you would still have your other gear which is above average and those skills you are talking about.

its not about that at all, its about the conscious decision that people make when they purchase a particular gear/pet, they pay for it with the belief that its gonna function as it is. would you not be flabbergasted if you bought an arcane ring and the day after sts tells you, "oh wait, we made a mistake, it only gives +35 to all stats", its the cycle of nerf/buff that im against here, if sts releases something, then let it be like that for the duration of its life span, people will buy it based on how its advertised. at some point, this buff/nerf cycle has got to stop, it already affected individual players economy a whole lot. the recent buff for nekro was what made people save up for it, and that poor pet got nerfed prematurely due to the whining it got prior to its actual release and ample testing was done. so dont blame us who bought that pet, ask sts how they test these things and maybe youll get a clear picture.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

its not about that at all, its about the conscious decision that people make when they purchase a particular gear/pet, they pay for it with the belief that its gonna function as it is. would you not be flabbergasted if you bought an arcane ring and the day after sts tells you, "oh wait, we made a mistake, it only gives +35 to all stats", its the cycle of nerf/buff that im against here, if sts releases something, then let it be like that for the duration of its life span, people will buy it based on how its advertised. at some point, this buff/nerf cycle has got to stop, it already affected individual players economy a whole lot. the recent buff for nekro was what made people save up for it, and that poor pet got nerfed prematurely due to the whining it got prior to its actual release and ample testing was done. so dont blame us who bought that pet, ask sts how they test these things and maybe youll get a clear picture.
    Every single game has changes during the course of it life span. Maybe they should leave pets exactly how they brought them out, then LnL will be a broken pet and a complete waste of money. I don't PvP to compete in AL because it takes next to no skill, I saw that you mentioned dota. You should try it and see how PvP is truly meant to be played.

sent from fritters beak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Holmes View Post
    Every single game has changes during the course of it life span. Maybe they should leave pets exactly how they brought them out, then LnL will be a broken pet and a complete waste of money. I don't PvP to compete in AL because it takes next to no skill, I saw that you mentioned dota. You should try it and see how PvP is truly meant to be played.

sent from fritters beak
    i play dota as well, fyi, and im not gonna repeat what i said about my stand here, go ahead and read up, find them marbles. and the reason they fixed lnl is because its bugged, nerf/buff was never equal to a bug fix, it simply means they fixed the skill according to what its supposed to be doing and thats a 15% armor debuff for 25secs in lnls case irregardless of any additional armor debuff
    Last edited by Svvords; 04-26-2015 at 05:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Tend to agree, necro does'nt allow to win 99% of the near to equal fights. Of course they should win at least 4/5, but even this rarely happens.

The problem I see, is when necro will become more common (what already beginning to happen), pvp will become such a chaos and just pressing buttons without any thoughts and skills required (ikr, some of nekro users always played this way).

Instead of fast fix this pet, when it was possible, the things just stayed as they were, and now we got miniversion of necro (ugly spider), what easy available for everyone, but again, the problem is not that people who hasnt necro just jealous, problem that we see better how fight dependent of necro presence

Any OP team can be defeated by undergeared but right designed team, so even aginst 2+ necros, value of individual and team skills is not zero, but chances to win are significantly different if play without necros.

Pet can't be nerfed now, when so much players paid for it and stuck it to get easy wins (in pve necro not even best, that just one more proof to my words). Mistake was made when some godlike forumers and rich people who can allow everything before price announced just asked more, more and MORE necro improvements from devs, who dont seriously test and dont play their game. And no one at the earth could stop it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

This is a game balance issue the fact that you paid the amount you did for it is insignificant compared to the damage it does in pvp and you cannot expect everyone to have a nekro or every team to have one.

Even if you got it for gold or spent thousands of platinum it doesn't change the fact that some got it in arena or opened one lock and looted fossil.

Your opinion is stronly influenced by how much you paid for it therefor your opinion cannot be trusted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

This is a game balance issue the fact that you paid the amount you did for it is insignificant compared to the damage it does in pvp and you cannot expect everyone to have a nekro or every team to have one.

Even if you got it for gold or spent thousands of platinum it doesn't change the fact that some got it in arena or opened one lock and looted fossil.

Your opinion is stronly influenced by how much you paid for it therefor your opinion cannot be trusted.
    hence why i said you should be asking the developers how they test these things before releasing it as such, maybe you can find answers there instead of asking for a straight up nerf just coz you cant deal with it with your pet breeze or sam. And regarding that monetary perspective, try telling that to the other nekro users who bought that pet with the same premise as myself when it got buffed, if one of them agrees with that being insignificant, then youre onto something with this crusade youre trying to get goin here.
    Last edited by Svvords; 04-26-2015 at 07:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

First Samuel, then sns, then breeze and now nekro. Just wait a few months when the new expansion comes and a new pet can be complained about. Then we will be hearing buff/nerf threads about that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

making fossils only available from arena will fix this problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    First Samuel, then sns, then breeze and now nekro. Just wait a few months when the new expansion comes and a new pet can be complained about. Then we will be hearing buff/nerf threads about that one.
    When test team does buff/nerf during test period, till thing becomes balanced, that is normal. When doesnt, sure thing someone will "complain" or "correct" if something unreasonably unfair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    How can you say there's a balance issue when you play warrior? Ever since I've know you, you have been heavily under geared. I always wondered why you spend so much time in pvp and less in pve. Well, now you've created a gap for yourself and your solution is asking for a nerf, rather than obtaining better equipment . You still don't have a 41 Bonesaw, right?

I think the real issue isn't nekro but the fact that everyone who owns nekro has maxed equipment. So you're matching up against a 100m toon with 2m toon and all you see is Nekro because everyone covers their gear with a vanity.

There's multiple people in your guild who have nekro now. Why don't you play with one of them so you can enjoy the benefits of nekro, rather than making this thread to ask STS to make Nekro useless again.
    My name is no longer ravenousxd and i am not in magnum sorry if my sig still says that. And when did you see me last time to make those assumptions?

I don't get why nekro users take this thread as an attack to them. I am not asking to make it useless, just tweak it a little bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

My name is no longer ravenousxd and i am not in magnum sorry if my sig still says that. And when did you see me last time to make those assumptions?

I don't get why nekro users take this thread as an attack to them. I am not asking to make it useless, just tweak it a little bit.
    Its valued at 50m, they will literally tear you limb from limb if it get nerfed.

Lets look at breeze again shall we? LMAO!
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    How can you say there's a balance issue when you play warrior? Ever since I've know you, you have been heavily under geared. I always wondered why you spend so much time in pvp and less in pve. Well, now you've created a gap for yourself and your solution is asking for a nerf, rather than obtaining better equipment . You still don't have a 41 Bonesaw, right?

I think the real issue isn't nekro but the fact that everyone who owns nekro has maxed equipment. So you're matching up against a 100m toon with 2m toon and all you see is Nekro because everyone covers their gear with a vanity.

There's multiple people in your guild who have nekro now. Why don't you play with one of them so you can enjoy the benefits of nekro, rather than making this thread to ask STS to make Nekro useless again.
    Just because you got lucky a few times in arena and because you have a friend you split buy your arcane ring with doesn't mean you can bash other people for their gear or disregard their opinions.

For reference these are my stats now:

They are not the best but not the worst either.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Simple. Introduce a pet whose AA prevents opponents in range from getting buffed for x seconds. Range should be as big as nekro's.

Alternatively, remove the speed boost in pvp and reduce damage reduction to 20-30%. 40% is Blinky/mage shield. If I were STS, I'd think twice before giving a rogue with 1.7k armor a mage's shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

"If it anit broke don't fix it"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

#ZeusPutAllYourThoughtsInOnePostNextTime ;P
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    #ZeusPutAllYourThoughtsInOnePostNextTime ;P
    I was in the process of doing that. Post 3, copy/paste into one, delete post.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: