Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tradeable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Default Tradeable

I think that the fact that you can buy almost everything is ruining the experience of the game. There is nothing to earn anymore. Heck! More people buy plat then farm for their gold. I hope StS takes the right step forward to make these orcslaying and glinstone armor untradeable. We should work for it, not be able to buy it.

Of course I understand that some people will always want to be able to buy everything because they are too lazy but think about it. What is the purpose of AL? If you go all the way back to when you were a noob, then remember how much fun you had farming, making friends? For most people, that is gone now. I want you to answer this question honestly: What do you do when you decide you want to buy something? The answer for most people is....... Auction. The idea of farming and working hard for something has completely left our mind.

StS should try to make more and more things untradeable. We should work to make our armors and weapons better. If StS has trouble orienting this into the game, I would suggest making this game have a bit more crafting involved, using the useless essences and whatnot. Of course, some things have to stay tradeable like exclusive eggs and stuff but other things like exclusive legendary gear, or mythic armor should be more craft-oriented. We should also have more of a storyline to tie this together. The long and pleasing storylines ended with Bael.(lol good memories). Then it restarted with Rutger but then and after, there were less and less trailers.

Feel free to share your ideas and comments. I would love to hear them.

Edited..

To address some concerns about making gold and whatnot, step back and think about it for a minute. If everyone NEEDS to farm for their gear, pets, or other stuff, why would we need gold? The only reason AL had gold is so people have some currency to buy things if they are too lazy. Most buyers are people who are below endgame level, so they have no choice but to buy it.

That brings me to my next step, breaking the barriers that are in-game. Elite levels are only restricted to the end-game players. Why is that? We all know that Elite is supposed to be much more vigorous than normal maps, but what does this have to do with levels? StS can just adjust the hardness to every level, so everyone has an "elite" map. Then, everyone can farm everything... reducing the need for large amounts of gold.

Then, when the economy is stabilizing with very small amounts of items in auction, StS should bring the new things into game. The prices would stabilize, and it would be cheap too! Many people would be able to buy it and you have the option to farm for it. The things that are tradeable will decrease in value, therefore eliminating the reason to buy it.

Hope this clarifies.

P.S.- to also add, StS cannot bring this change to the game suddenly as that would mean redesigning the whole game platform. I suggest they slowly start involving these into the game.
    Last edited by CouchPass; 05-02-2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: For more information

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CouchPass For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I think having to work hard for you're gear is exactly what we need. As for plat we can buy items to make it easier or ankhs to help us with getting the new gear

4. The Following User Says Thank You to azagreoralu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

armours should be tradeable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

As a new player i can tell you that i'm very far from being able to buy anything decent and making gold isn't easy right now either, with crates going for 2800

Gear that can be traded actually gives me a shot at catching up, otherwise i'd hit a wall

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jn2002dk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    As a new player i can tell you that i'm very far from being able to buy anything decent and making gold isn't easy right now either, with crates going for 2800

Gear that can be traded actually gives me a shot at catching up, otherwise i'd hit a wall
    Thats the thing, tell me what your idea of decent gear is. If your truly a "new" player, you have no shot at catching up and getting enough gold to buy arcane and mythic. Locks are a joke at the moment. Almost all my friends who tried investing in them are losing millions. Lock prices will keep falling before they become common. On the other hand if you farm hard, and get gold in the process, you have become more experienced and wealthy. There is no risk in farming, its a steady income source for most endgame farmers. If you just get gold and buy stuff in auction, you are gaining no experience whatsoever. You can only imagine what its like to farm. Go get out there and start and you will realize what I'm talking about.

P.S.- I clarified to show you more clearly what Im talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iinorex View Post
    armours should be tradeable

Yes I totally agree, if you look at my edited post, I stated more clearly that some some armor should be tradeable. If all armor would be traceable, well that kind of defies the point of this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CouchPass View Post
    Thats the thing, tell me what your idea of decent gear is. If your truly a "new" player, you have no shot at catching up and getting enough gold to buy arcane and mythic. Locks are a joke at the moment. Almost all my friends who tried investing in them are losing millions. Lock prices will keep falling before they become common. On the other hand if you farm hard, and get gold in the process, you have become more experienced and wealthy. There is no risk in farming, its a steady income source for most endgame farmers. If you just get gold and buy stuff in auction, you are gaining no experience whatsoever. You can only imagine what its like to farm. Go get out there and start and you will realize what I'm talking about.

But if i had to farm endlessly for said gear to drop what chances would i have then?

No one runs older content and no one wants an under geared player on their farming runs so then i'd be truly stuck

At least now i can buy some plat, convert it to gold and get some gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Clearly he has no clue how hard it is to earn gold these days,Specially for new players. In some part I agree some gears should be worked for but I also understand not everyone has that kind of time. Al players are declining each day cause it's almost impossible to earn gold without platnium. Farming endless hours and still not enough gold earned to put a smile on your face when you logg off. These are the issues we should be asking sts to fix . My question is to you is who cares how other ppl get there gears. I don't do you? If they are willing to spend money good for them , doesn't bother me at all why should you? We have far more important issues to solve besides how ppl spend there money. I know few ppl spend money every month and you know what most of them are decent willing to help less fortunate. Ppl like complain about how others should earn there gears. Who cares what others have just be happy what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trojan2100 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    But if i had to farm endlessly for said gear to drop what chances would i have then?

No one runs older content and no one wants an under geared player on their farming runs so then i'd be truly stuck

At least now i can buy some plat, convert it to gold and get some gear
    Totally agree with you . Lets hope expansion brings some excitement to all of us poor and the rich. most of still running around with 41 cheap legendary for months and his worried about issues nobody cares about. Some ppl can't be happy without seeing others fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Hard work is good for players that dont have platinum but for others that can afford platinum that is what keeps this game going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

People plan on farming to sell these to the lazy rich ones for slot of gold that's how the system works they did this when magma was the best. Let the hard workers earn there gold the economy sucks anyways this would make it worst.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Listen guys, Im not saying that everything should be untradeable, just saying that some special ones shouldn't be tradeable, and everyone should be able to farm for those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Im a new player and totally caught up have full mythic gear except wepond.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anabrad View Post
    Im a new player and totally caught up have full mythic gear except wepond.
    How did you catch up? Farming? Marching? Buying plat?
    How long did it take you to catch up?
    Do you truly feel experienced enough to have that type of gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan2100 View Post
    In some part I agree some gears should be worked for but I also understand not everyone has that kind of time. Al players are declining each day cause it's almost impossible to earn gold without platnium. Farming endless hours and still not enough gold earned to put a smile on your face when you logg off. These are the issues we should be asking sts to fix .

I agree.
    What options do new players have to earn gold these days?
    Not easy for newbies.
    When I started, gems and Locked crates were a reliable source.

Some items have lost value, few maintain their value, others have a fixed platinum price or are luck-based.
    Yep, some gear should be worked for, as long as it's worth the time and effort.
    I don't think i'd like to see content that required blood but something enjoyable & achievable.

One could farm for hours to no avail or open locked crates until their platinum runs dry.
    it's a gamble most of the time but unfortunately, that's how it is at the moment until a short event pops up.
    As thing are, I prefer to wait for temporary events: Goblin Invasion, Ursoths Assault. etc
    That's when I see a slight revival in both the community & economy.

New Long Term Content:
    Some content and their rewards are outdated, I think - such as Daily Bards quests & Hauntlet.
    The tokens are steep in comparison to the auction prices for some pets.
    An update on those "mini-games" might help to keep the game refreshed.

Bring in something permanent for everyone
    ;)
    "...In the end, only Death remains"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathdor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I started playing in February. I nearly have enough for fully decked out frost bow. The only thing I bought with real money was the Courage experience pack. It's still possible to get rich if you are willing to farm planar, merch, and go crazy during the events (that's where you can make the big bucks).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    I started playing in February. I nearly have enough for fully decked out frost bow. The only thing I bought with real money was the Courage experience pack. It's still possible to get rich if you are willing to farm planar, merch, and go crazy during the events (that's where you can make the big bucks).
    I take back what I said. It is harder to farm than even when I started. Locks were selling for 5k, and dragonite bars would fetch you 2 to 3m (selling a drag bar allowed me to get good enough equipment to farm planar). The falling prices of locks and the addition of pet crates have made it really difficult for new players.

If you're new, events are your best and really only bet. Use them to make enough gold to buy decent equipment, and then farm planar.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

If the mythic armors are untradable, people will simply buy the components and craft the armor themselves. If the components are untradable and the armor is, people will just buy the armor. Either way, many people are going to buy their way to the armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cought up merching would. Took me around 4-8 months and I do feel experience ive been around a old veteran of al back in my days the max lvl was 16 and prices were decent not 1m for a gem we had no gems. It was all about skill and gear. And the community was very helpful not like now where everyone is selfish ive left the game and tryed to log back in but my fb wasn't working quit for a year and decided to play again started playing again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I think they should be tradable...

I think keeping them tradable will allow more of us to to earn some much needed income in the game... Dunno about u but I love farming stuff and selling to those lazy people who prefer to just buy stuff.

The only point I can see in them not being tradable would be to force people to farm... Which I don't really see a point in... It doesn't bother me if they don't want to farm!... That just means more money for me to make farming :-)
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it