Thread: Adding small changes to PVP KDR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lightbulb Adding small changes to PVP KDR

I think that the pvp system should start counting assists... for example for every 5 assist you get, it should equal one kill, and there doesn't have to be a counter for the assists, and by assists i mean by healing an ally that kills an enemy (that should give an assist), or by simply hitting the enemy, because getting the final killing blow as a war or even mage is so hard and its impossible to get aps that way, while rouges can get kills easily even if they are noob-ish rouges ( or not very well geared rouges), this would help a lot of people with APs, and almost every other pvp system in other games recognizes "assists" while in Arcane legends, its not recognized at all

I hope Space time stuidos take this as a considerations and possibly add this later in the future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that's a good idea, I hope this is added. I was thinking and I thought of something else, currently pvp is against people in a certain level range, why not do a stats range instead? In level 40-41 some people just arnt as good as others due to the equipment they use/have, if it was based on stats the games would be much more even, and to prevent people from taking armour off before entering pvp then putting it on in pvp, disable invintory while in pvp matches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Trust me, assist farming will come.
    Sorry, just no. It has been so good with Kill/Death.
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

look it wont matter assist farming or not.... you are saying it as if it is will be an easy thing to do, which it might but everyone will be able to get it and if everyone can get it and it doesn't effect the important core things of the game like how to grow gear wise and etc then why not... all im saying is if assist farming was so bad then why does every other game have it and its 5 assists = 1 kill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maunyabastian View Post
    Trust me, assist farming will come.
    Sorry, just no. It has been so good with Kill/Death.
    Assist farming will come, I agree, but has dummy farming even been solved yet? I don't think so..

TBH the things that annoy me the most about PvP today is the gear to skill ratio, the fact that if you leave in the attack stance you gain a death (even if there is no one else in the server) and the fact that people have lost the true meaning of PvP (People are being guild biased, not working as a team, ganging is teamwork -_- )

PvP needs a rework tbh

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SacredKnight For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

We've had sooooo many threads about kdr that I am shocked no changes have been made to date but here's my feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post

Personally I'd prefer a setup where it said how many matches or games were won or lost!!! It would force people to play games as intended and solve all this stupid behavior!

And as an extra bonus it would award the whole team and not just the one with the most kills!!! So tanks and mages would get credit for being support classes vs being ignored for all their hard work!

This would solve dummy farmers issues, support classes issues, and award teams for playing games as intended!!!

There also needs to be a system where only even amount of people can enter a map... Something like a one in one out setup to keep teams even!

And also an option for teams being able to host their own games so we can clash or have private matches!

And also as team vote option to boot a player off of said game is needed!!!
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    Assist farming will come, I agree, but has dummy farming even been solved yet? I don't think so..

TBH the things that annoy me the most about PvP today is the gear to skill ratio, the fact that if you leave in the attack stance you gain a death (even if there is no one else in the server) and the fact that people have lost the true meaning of PvP (People are being guild biased, not working as a team, ganging is teamwork -_- )

PvP needs a rework tbh
    Yes that's what I meant, they can't even solve kill farming and now they will add assist? No.
    Win/Lose rate is just as dumb as this assist idea. Note this: Kill farmers are very creative. You can't stop their ways. There are so many way out. And the only thing to stop them is by banning them. We can send STS their screenshoots, or their inspect page, then they can ban them without any reason because that is an absolute option for STS. I really hate that #1 Warrior CTF Kill is held by a farmer, but he is a massive plat user so surely STS won't ban him. For fk's sake, PvP nowadays embarasses me so much. Personally not just PvP but the community too.
    Last edited by Maunyabastian; 05-02-2015 at 12:35 AM.
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maunyabastian View Post
    Yes that's what I meant, they can't even solve kill farming and now they will add assist? No.
    Win/Lose rate is just as dumb as this assist idea. Note this: Kill farmers are very creative. You can't stop their ways. There are so many way out. And the only thing to stop them is by banning them. We can send STS their screenshoots, or their inspect page, then they can ban them without any reason because that is an absolute option for STS. I really hate that #1 Warrior CTF Kill is held by a farmer, but he is a massive plat user so surely STS won't ban him. For fk's sake, PvP nowadays embarasses me so much. Personally not just PvP but the community too.
    I'm too lazy to find the quote to paste here, but it's been said by the devs... And I quote

... "that sts has no intention of banning kill farmers"

I think that changing the game to be played properly is a good option... Or at least adding a games won section to stats
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    I'm too lazy to find the quote to paste here, but it's been said by the devs... And I quote

... "that sts has no intention of banning kill farmers"

I think that changing the game to be played properly is a good option... Or at least adding a games won section to stats
    They were. But seeing these new players farming kills makes veterans like me quit or perhaps take a break of PvP/twinking. They have many works to do and I really appreciate how hard their efforts are to keep the community healthy, but money blinds them. It's just a game after all. I mean, why don't they rent some men to watch the PvP games, like spectators of every match so that they can know everything inside the ring. Trashtalking should get muted or at least warned. Newbie players should have a qualification before entering a match or a PvP tutorial. And for noobs who are already ganged must have been kicked from the room if they get dozen deaths. Player who kills more than 30 should be inspected and the estimated time of reaching the 30 kills. If they reach it for 5 mins then it's an absolute farming and should be bannable. This will reduce the sinners of PvP. I can give many more examples but still, STS always responding those plat users. Rich players buy good gears, some buy good KDR. Weird to see those expensive gears are used to farm noobs. You don't deserve those, you are just a bs man.
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

So any nox that spread from a rogue or razor that hit players in the middle of clash would get assists as well? Any mage that hits with fireball or heals gets an assist? It seems like the assists would be the same in proportion to what they are now. If assists turn into kills, the gap would likely be the same.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

yes it will be the same gap but now other classes can get kills to get thier ap, because all that happens in pvp is rouges get all the kills and mages sometimes get some and wars almost never get the kills... the whole point of this is to get the pvp ap faster for other classes (war/mages... because rouges can get much easier than other classes right now)