Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What do you want to know about Champs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Default0519 View Post
    Kiting and orb walking/stutter stepping are two completely different things. Kiting is while running away orb walking/stutter stepping can be done while stationary in a fight.
    If your orb walking/stutter stepping and not kiting at the same time then you are not doing it right. Ignoring slight discrepancies the answer is that yes it's possible.

-Vys
    Last edited by Vystirch; 04-27-2015 at 08:56 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    Finally, are you allowed to post screenshots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Yes we are. I will update this post with some after I finish my forum rounds.
    Here you go, pics!

-Vys
    Last edited by Vystirch; 04-27-2015 at 11:46 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Looks great Vys,Is that Pumpkin guy easy to get?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    There is currently only one map - as CoC progresses in the future, I suspect more maps will be added (just my hunch, they have said nothing about new maps).

There is no acquirable gear. Every character is balanced - there is no difference from two players using the same champion. The only potential difference which I believe (again, this may be different later on) is that there is an option to view your champion's "abilities". I'm not sure if we'll be able to upgrade our champion's abilities or if just by playing and consistently winning they automatically gain new advantages. We'll figure this out soon in the next coming weeks!
    I'm so eager to play this game now lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    Looks great Vys,Is that Pumpkin guy easy to get?
    I have him, but that honestly means nothing as right now we are not testing out the monetization systems and as such all the campions are easily obtainable to us. Right now we are working on balancing the champions and refining gameplay.

-Vys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Hello guys.

did you play a team game already? i mean pvp without any bots.

What interesting for me, do you use any voice chats a any signals? If you set the signal, can you make a ss, to show how it looks?

TY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Default0519 View Post
    Also what engine is the game running on?
    Pretty sure all STG games are being played via the SpaceTimeEngine...Perhaps Gary could answer this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

@Vys, I apologize if this has already been answered by a dev, but I haven't been able to see it anywhere. Is there any type of KD or W/L ratio kept? I know there is a form of a ranking system that presumable records those things and takes them into account. However, can you view these stats, and are they things that other people can see?

I'm hoping if they're viewable stats, they're only for the user to see, as I find ratios of sorts to do more harm than good usually.

Also, the skill buttons for Final Salvo and Apocalypse Now on Modus look nearly identical :s

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Castellann View Post
    Hello guys.

did you play a team game already? i mean pvp without any bots.

What interesting for me, do you use any voice chats a any signals? If you set the signal, can you make a ss, to show how it looks?

TY
    Yes, we have played team matches (without bots) several times - we do have to coordinate to make sure we do so, but we're getting it done!

We have suggested that STG consider voice chat (which I believe is a strong consideration). As of now, there is what Gary calls a "ping system". If you look above at the images that Vys posted, you'll notice an icon in the bottom right corner during a match with an exclamation symbol "!". If you click and hold this icon, there are a few types of communications: including "Come here" and different signals that can keep your team updated.

@David - As of now, there is no option to view your own KD ratio. This may be due to the fact that profiles aren't really accessible - only the gameplay and champions - so I'm not sure how this will turn out. At the end of every match, however, it will show how many kills you or others have gotten.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Yes, we have played team matches (without bots) several times - we do have to coordinate to make sure we do so, but we're getting it done!

We have suggested that STG consider voice chat (which I believe is a strong consideration). As of now, there is what Gary calls a "ping system". If you look above at the images that Vys posted, you'll notice an icon in the bottom right corner during a match with an exclamation symbol "!". If you click and hold this icon, there are a few types of communications: including "Come here" and different signals that can keep your team updated
    I hope STG will use a voice chat. TY 4 info ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Castellann View Post
    I hope STG will use a voice chat. TY 4 info ^^
    If they don't I have an active mumble VoIP server. All you'll need is the info and password. It has a mobile app for IOS not sure about android but I would be willing to let the community use it for voice comms and you can run the game and the mumble app at the same time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

1. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "skill shots"? There are various types of skills which requires either one or two taps. For instance, most damage skills (typically single target skills) require you to activate the skill by tapping it, and then another tap in the direction you want the skill to go. Keep in mind, all skills have a certain range. What STG did that's very nice is each time you press the skill, a visual field will tell you how far the range of the skill can go. Additionally, some skills (such as various AOE attacks and buffs/heals) only require one tap of the skill. In other words, everything is tap-tap, no sliding action.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by jungle, but there are various locations within the single map that provides bonuses AND team powerups. In the very center of the map, there is a platform that, with the initiative of a single player, grants a team powerup (armor, haste, speed, or damage) after standing in it for a very short period of time. There are a couple of other fixated locations that provide individual bonuses, including haste, damage, and speed. Sometimes when you kill an opponent, a random powerup will drop. So far the power ups have not been OP but they are significant to the point that you strategically want to grab these bad-boys whenever possible.

3. Each champ has 5 skills/abilities. Not every champ will have a passive skill, but the majority do. For instance, there is a mage class that shoots a fireball, dealing initial damage and damage over time.

4. A tie is possible - but it is EXTREMELY unlikely. A team automatically wins if the enemy base is destroyed. In an evenly match game, that is difficult to do (again, reiterating the strategy needed). In order to destroy the enemy base, you need to destroy enemy towers (which can attack you... I will explain enemy towers in more details). Enemy bases > towers. Suppose the amount of towers destroyed for both teams is tied up which you will see can happen often. It comes down to the number of kills each team has (again, strategy. It's important to include tanks/fighters to destroy towers and assassins/mages to provide the must need kills). Suppose the number of towers destroyed AND the number of kills are exactly the same - it then comes down to the amount of damage dealt.

Enemy Base > Towers > Kills > Damage > Tie

It is nearly impossible to get a tie, but it could happen.

5. Can you explain on your "rune page"? Do you mean runes that enhance the abilities of champions? If so, I have no idea - Alpha's current stage is character balance and strategical analysis.

6. Matchmaking is still being reworked with. Currently in Alpha, we do not have the ability to add friends (we have to contact each other prior to playing in order to play live matches against one another). The matchmaking system is pretty neat, however. When you choose to make a custom game, you'll be prompted to choose your champion. After doing so, it will tell you "waiting". In this time, all players who are in the queue have the ability to press "Force Start Team" or "Force Start VS." All that means is that all real players in the queue can will automatically be put onto the same team or randomly against one another. If there are any non-users (it is 3v3) then those spots will be filled with bots. It has so far been pretty convenient, but I would like to see a system where STS can allow users to know when their teammates have actually chosen a champion and are signaled to begin the match.

7. Character movement has been nice so far. The speed of gameplay has been thrilling but very controllable - fast enough so you don't get bored making the walk once you die (especially because the more times you die, the longer the respawn time is -- don't die!) You will not get caught in walls or any obstacles. There are a couple of bugs where sometimes a skill will be activated and everyone freezes/appears idle - this is currently undergoing development.

8. In terms of orb walking/stutter stepping, I see how this can be important. the system that STG runs with the orbs is that the more players pushing a single orb, the faster it moves. So no, there are no ways to stutter step - you have to make sure you kind of tap back and forth to make sure you do not get ahead of the orb, but that you are also behind it close enough. As I'm typing this, I could see this as a useful suggestion which I'll definitely bring up.

9. There are a hand-full of debuffs, silences, slows, bleeds etc. Supporters are excellent for removing any crowd control effects, while some assassins have the ability to escape immediate crowd control effects. One of these main topics we are discussing, however, is that perhaps there are too many stuns going around. Personally, I would like to see the Tanks/fighters having the most stuns while the mage/assassin focus on damage and the supporters to clear those crowd controls. But as of now, the system is pretty nifty and in good shape (in my perspective).

10. I do not know what engine the game is running on - might be a question for the dev.
    Will have u even played League of Legends lol?
    PL:Sharkknife (77 bird in <Rated M>), Ubertwink (Bes 56 in <FFA>/PL Minuteman, Wrathfuluber (One Of The Last 1st Gen Wrathfuls)||| AL: Depend-46 (proud member of <Mag(nub)num>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a question please when will CoC be released into app stores

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorsurge View Post
    I have a question please when will CoC be released into app stores
    It has been released to the iOS app store, with Android to follow soon