Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We want mythics and crafting based on time spent NOT LUCK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Exclamation We want mythics and crafting based on time spent NOT LUCK

There are numerous threads going around on this, and I wanted to reiterate a few things to the community in a fresh thread. StS has always based their quality gear on the luck-based system. For example, the original mythics were obtained in locked crates. Arcane weapons and eggs have been the same, based upon a luck based system that you can play if you spend real money. I am really OK with some of this because it's fun to take a gamble sometimes. I have been lucky and looted many arcane and mythic items.

However, my problem is that ALL good items are based on luck. When the planar pendant came out we were so excited that we could grind and get the materials, then how bummed we were when it all came down to the recipe. Some of you got lucky and got it after a few runs in Arena. Then, some of the veteran players have run over 1000 times yet never got lucky. That is really frustrating to us as players. The same thing goes for Nekro, the majority of us will simply never loot one or have enough gold to purchase a fossil.

I like this game a lot, there are many things that StS does right for us. The tombs and arena are fun to play, we had a blast in all of the expansions that have come to Arlor. Events they get better and better with and I think Valentine's was so nice and we earned a lot of stuff and it was totally F2P. Thank you for that StS. Also, your improvements in the game are not going on without notice by us. You are fixing bugs every week and the communication on these is great. Thank you to the people working hard on our quality-of-life in Arlor.

Here is where a lot of your dedicated players are frustrated. We need to see a little more return for our money spent in the game via plat and less items with 'luck' attached to them. I have two suggestions on this:

1. With respect to the new items coming in the game with Rage of Ren'Gol make some of the good ones obtainable with a good old grind fest. Do not let us sit there with all the components but always missing the 'luck based one' like the planar recipe and fossil. Balance it out more between some of these lucky drop items and time spent in the game. For someone to spend vast amounts of time in game but always be the guy coming up empty handed is totally not fair. It doesn't sit well with the player base. I have people in my guild that I swear run arena for hours and hours every day and grind tombs for hours more. Yet they have no recipe and no pieces of imbued. You need to implement items that are rewarded by simply running. Mind you, a lot of running so we keep busy but the total luck base for good items has really run its course with us.

2. Behind the scenes the plat spenders are all grumbling a little bit. We see other games (Taichi Panda is the one that comes to mind) that has attracted a lot of old Arlorians to. Why? Because there is simply more return on the dollar. You can go in that game and for a single dollar get something really cool which is wings that help you fight in the game. I don't mind spending money on AL, nor do I mind opening locked for items which I will continue to do. However, I would suggest beefing up the plat store with more quality items we can flat out buy for plat. Not vanity but real stuff that we can use and love. Now that I can get behind, and I am sure so can many of the players who love this game and want it to thrive.

Thank you for listening !!!! We are all excited for the Rage of Ren'gol.
    Last edited by Candylicks; 04-28-2015 at 03:42 PM.

2. The Following 66 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Sadly attracted to Taichi Panda too.

Anyway +1 Candy. I'd rather have a system like the tooth system of Tindirin.
    Example: 1500 Planar essence can buy 1 recipe. It will be hard to grind for essence but it will be worth it at the end because of the item you wanted is assured to be obtained instead of rellying on luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

+1 , Plat spenders got nothing to buy other than opening lockeds. And PvE Farmers have nothing to farm really anymore since the Time isn't worth the dollar. Overall good description of what's going on around Arlor. :P

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Overweightank For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

+1 agree with you!

Arcane Legends - hiatus-mode-ON
    |
    Pandaxxo Lvl. 76 Mage | Koalaxxo HC Rogue | Redpandaxxo / Kittyaxxo Lvl.10 Rogue |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaxxo View Post
    +1 agree with you!
    Even the Panda agrees!
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Yup agree...

Maybe do both ways... So recipes randomly drop but can also be purchased with like 1500 essence or teeth or whatever... That way we know our hard work is going somewhere... And we also can get lucky drops
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    Yup agree...

Maybe do both ways... So recipes randomly drop but can also be purchased with like 1500 essence or teeth or whatever... That way we know our hard work is going somewhere... And we also can get lucky drops
    Yes. If we are going to be crafting sets of helm, armor, neck, and ring and EACH one has a LUCK based item... that will tip the player base over to walking away from Arlor. The frustration is extremely high and hope that we can earn it like you have written here Bella.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I personally like the whole f2p system of taichi panda over al, and I'm sure any sane person agrees. In taichi panda 1 hour of first starting game will get you 2-3 orange gears, while in all gets you to lv10-15 and 1-2k gold. In taichi panda they literally give diamonds away,(plats like al) while in al spend $100+ for a ton of crap, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

I missed KM3 when lockeds were 15k+. There I grind for lockeds to sell, a month of grinding = richness. But now, theres no place to grind except planar tombs/arena but it needed ankhs to play (something that a poor non-plat player will not go to).

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

There's lots of things from Taichi Panda that would be amazing if it were implemented in AL. I love this game (AL), just needs some payoff for the hardcore farmers. I totally agree with the OP. Wish I could thank more than once

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I would also be ok with items purchasable by plat being account bound. When I spend my money, I'm normally not trying to make it more unfair to those that don't by looting and selling, I'm usually trying to get something for myself. Selling an arcane egg because I already have the pet is usually just a byproduct. The system for lemon and lime was a good one. You can purchase the pet but it's not tradable or you can loot the pet and it is. I see no reason not to apply that to purchasing vs farming instead of purchasing vs locked crates. It would put more emphasis on the farmers being able to make gold and the money spenders being able to get what they want. It may also help regulate in game pricing so we don't have items costing more than someone can actually transfer in the trade window again. I only mention this because it seems like there is a spike happening with the two most expensive items in the game.

On one hand, it makes me want to loot a fossil more, but on the other hand, that pet, at that price is so far out of range for most of Arlor.

It seems this would put the pricing power in the hands of the super grinders instead of the money spenders, while still allowing money spenders to get what they want. As opposed to all the gear in the money spenders hands and we also control the pricing power of items.

(Full disclosure, I spend plenty of money and also have a nekro and ring already.)

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Yes the plat items 100% need to be account bound. Vs. ones earned in game can be the ones bought and sold.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    I would also be ok with items purchasable by plat being account bound. When I spend my money, I'm normally not trying to make it more unfair to those that don't by looting and selling, I'm usually trying to get something for myself. Selling an arcane egg because I already have the pet is usually just a byproduct. The system for lemon and lime was a good one. You can purchase the pet but it's not tradable or you can loot the pet and it is. I see no reason not to apply that to purchasing vs farming instead of purchasing vs locked crates. It would put more emphasis on the farmers being able to make gold and the money spenders being able to get what they want. It may also help regulate in game pricing so we don't have items costing more than someone can actually transfer in the trade window again. I only mention this because it seems like there is a spike happening with the two most expensive items in the game.

On one hand, it makes me want to loot a fossil more, but on the other hand, that pet, at that price is so far out of range for most of Arlor.

It seems this would put the pricing power in the hands of the super grinders instead of the money spenders, while still allowing money spenders to get what they want. As opposed to all the gear in the money spenders hands and we also control the pricing power of items.

(Full disclosure, I spend plenty of money and also have a nekro and ring already.)
    And this is coming from a plat spender. Nice to know

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Yes. If we are going to be crafting sets of helm, armor, neck, and ring and EACH one has a LUCK based item... that will tip the player base over to walking away from Arlor. The frustration is extremely high and hope that we can earn it like you have written here Bella.
    I totally agree with this. Farming is entirely too luck dependent.

That said, I don't agree with your other point of making a lot of the best equipment purchaseable directly with plat. That will kill the game pretty quickly. It will become a pay to win, and farming will become pointless, like in so many other pay to win games out there.

I guess STS could release "bound" versions of the equipment through the store, like the Arlorian ring, but even then, I'm not a fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    I totally agree with this. Farming is entirely too luck dependent.

That said, I don't agree with your other point of making a lot of the best equipment purchaseable directly with plat. That will kill the game pretty quickly. It will become a pay to win, and farming will become pointless, like so many other pay to win games out there.

I guess STS could release "bound" versions of the equipment through the store, like the Arlorian ring, but even then, I'm not a fan.
    I didn't say all the equipment, I just said some that isn't vanity. Are you a plat spender? Do you know what it feels like to drop 500 bucks in the game and get absolutely nothing? The plat players need a little more variety and stability than locked crates alone. We fund this game and more for our dollar is needed-

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

+1 So tired of do 1000 Runs and got nothing , when then someone just do 10 runs and got that precious item ... So "Stupid" annoying ...

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I didn't say all the equipment, I just said some that isn't vanity. Are you a plat spender? Do you know what it feels like to drop 500 bucks in the game and get absolutely nothing? The plat players need a little more variety and stability than locked crates alone. We fund this game and more for our dollar is needed-
    I didn't say all the equipment, either. I said a lot of it. If a lot of the best equipment becomes directly purchaseable, the game will die. It's as simple as that. Games like this depend on farming.

I don't mind plat spenders having a leg up. They should (and they currently do). However, I will say it's a delicate balance. Let's take the items that currently exist. Which items should be purchaseable? I'm guessing you would say all of the recipe-based items and items found in locked crates. If you bought all of those items, you'd have a maxed out character. That would be a problem.

I should add that I really think this game should be subscription based. I don't agree with making players gamble with real money to get the best items.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 04-28-2015 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I feel the exact same way. It really is hard to justify spending hundreds even up to $1000.00 thousand dollars to purchase plats. So you've paid to be able to open MANY MANY MANY locked chest. And after opening a couple hundred, lets say 700 locked chest you have nothing to show for it. Yes it's a gamble, but in gambling you spend real money & you win real money in return. We are spending real money for the "lucky chance" to get a in-game Arcane/Mythic item that we can't resell for money or a refund, we simply have the "lucky chance" of maybe getting the enjoyment out of using it... "IF" we are lucky enough to loot one.

That's the point of people conveying that in Taichi Panda, you see a better return on your money & it makes you as the buyer feel A TON better about spending your money. I had no idea about the Taichi Panda game which I may take a look at now.

STS has designed a GREAT game for us to play, devs like Rem are SUPER COOL. I log on everyday, use plats & open many locked crates because like so many I desire to compete and enjoy this game to the fullest. STS continues to make great improvements & they have shown how they value the community from fixes, pets, events, fun new content, new enemies, special vanities etc; That all takes hard work, time and money. With that being said;

Buying is universal & everyone wants what they pay for or have a fair shot (if gambling) at what they've used their money for. People in STS gaming are no different than us, they earn and spend money to buy the things they want to enjoy. But I know we'll all agree that spending in the excess of Hundreds to Thousands of dollars on something you want to enjoy, then after the money you've worked hard for is gone and you don't have the thing you wanted so bad afterwards but your pockets are still empty... it wouldn't sit well with anyone at all. And I don't mean after one time, I just want to clarify the community is saying after 10Hrs a day, 1000+runs, 1000+ locks (still coming up empty handed is not the experience anyone would be happy to have)... <-- this is a very big investment on peoples time & money as well.
    Last edited by HotttSauce; 04-28-2015 at 04:15 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HotttSauce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I tried Tai Chi Panda... It's really cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Another good example is a game like Hay Day. For $5 you can hire a little guy that will go and get you items of your choice. You can choose different items every 2 hours for 10 days straight. That kind of thing is a guaranteed benefit for your dollar. There's no gambling involved. The more you log in, the more you get from what you spent. It's a no-brainer. It is also not game-changing, so it doesn't require you to spend that $5 to be successful, it just makes things a bit easier.

That's the concept that STS advertised originally. If you work hard you will be able to get everything in this game. If you want to get it a bit faster / easier, you can spend plat to do so.

The model changed some time in the last year or so, to the point where in order to succeed you have to either spend thousands of real dollars with no guaranteed return, cheat, or have luck with the RNG. I am not in a position to do the first, refuse to do the second, and obviously fail at the third, meaning I'm effectively screwed.

Back to the original point, though. I would happily do 500 runs to obtain a crafting ingredient for an item, if I was guaranteed to do so. With a season being a year long, that could even be 1000 runs - as long as it was the same for everyone. This luck system may have worked in the past, but as STS increases item rarities, that same luck system turns into a big failure. You have "lucky" people looting multiple recipes and rich people opening hundreds of chests for imbueds, and everyone else spends fortunes for nothing.
    Last edited by Serancha; 04-28-2015 at 05:04 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: