Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We want mythics and crafting based on time spent NOT LUCK

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Exclamation We want mythics and crafting based on time spent NOT LUCK

There are numerous threads going around on this, and I wanted to reiterate a few things to the community in a fresh thread. StS has always based their quality gear on the luck-based system. For example, the original mythics were obtained in locked crates. Arcane weapons and eggs have been the same, based upon a luck based system that you can play if you spend real money. I am really OK with some of this because it's fun to take a gamble sometimes. I have been lucky and looted many arcane and mythic items.

However, my problem is that ALL good items are based on luck. When the planar pendant came out we were so excited that we could grind and get the materials, then how bummed we were when it all came down to the recipe. Some of you got lucky and got it after a few runs in Arena. Then, some of the veteran players have run over 1000 times yet never got lucky. That is really frustrating to us as players. The same thing goes for Nekro, the majority of us will simply never loot one or have enough gold to purchase a fossil.

I like this game a lot, there are many things that StS does right for us. The tombs and arena are fun to play, we had a blast in all of the expansions that have come to Arlor. Events they get better and better with and I think Valentine's was so nice and we earned a lot of stuff and it was totally F2P. Thank you for that StS. Also, your improvements in the game are not going on without notice by us. You are fixing bugs every week and the communication on these is great. Thank you to the people working hard on our quality-of-life in Arlor.

Here is where a lot of your dedicated players are frustrated. We need to see a little more return for our money spent in the game via plat and less items with 'luck' attached to them. I have two suggestions on this:

1. With respect to the new items coming in the game with Rage of Ren'Gol make some of the good ones obtainable with a good old grind fest. Do not let us sit there with all the components but always missing the 'luck based one' like the planar recipe and fossil. Balance it out more between some of these lucky drop items and time spent in the game. For someone to spend vast amounts of time in game but always be the guy coming up empty handed is totally not fair. It doesn't sit well with the player base. I have people in my guild that I swear run arena for hours and hours every day and grind tombs for hours more. Yet they have no recipe and no pieces of imbued. You need to implement items that are rewarded by simply running. Mind you, a lot of running so we keep busy but the total luck base for good items has really run its course with us.

2. Behind the scenes the plat spenders are all grumbling a little bit. We see other games (Taichi Panda is the one that comes to mind) that has attracted a lot of old Arlorians to. Why? Because there is simply more return on the dollar. You can go in that game and for a single dollar get something really cool which is wings that help you fight in the game. I don't mind spending money on AL, nor do I mind opening locked for items which I will continue to do. However, I would suggest beefing up the plat store with more quality items we can flat out buy for plat. Not vanity but real stuff that we can use and love. Now that I can get behind, and I am sure so can many of the players who love this game and want it to thrive.

Thank you for listening !!!! We are all excited for the Rage of Ren'gol.
    Last edited by Candylicks; 04-28-2015 at 03:42 PM.

2. The Following 66 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post: