Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We want mythics and crafting based on time spent NOT LUCK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

How about there are two versions of the mythic set

The Locked crate version : It'll have set bonus if completed all piece
    The grinding version : It'll not have set bonus if completed all piece

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan View Post

Honesty, we want to grind the full version, not the Demo.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noisy View Post
    I agree to the point that if you can obtain the best item or the ingredient for the best item in game in fixed amount of runs ,it takes out the fun factor out of the game.

my suggestion : you should able to get the 2nd best item in game by doing fixed amount of runs of a elite map or arena.

And by the term 2nd best item in game, i mean that the difference between best item and 2nd best item to be minimal but enough to make people to run for the best.
    I disagree. There should be a balance between some 'luck' based items and some that you can earn by xx amount of runs like the teeth vendor was working for us. And the ones from the non-luck should be prime pieces and the best. Telling you, there is a huge population of people that simply have bad luck and just never get these drops. It's enough to drive a lot of people from the game from utter frustration. If the entire 4 set mythic has a luck component in every single piece? GG trying for that. It's not fair and hard work should be rewarded as well.

They could do two pieces with 'luck' based crafting and two pieces that you can purchase outright with currency without a luck drop at all. Should not be sup-par!!!!!

Reward the farmers, remove some of the luck. I hope this thread is considered!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

No, just no. This will perpetuate what's happening now: more reward for plat farming than actual pve farming, players not motivated to farm anything but lockeds, people mooching in cities because opening lockeds make more economic sense, f2p players losing interest. Hell no. Whatever comes out of locked should just be expediter or embellishments of the farmed mythic gear. It should never be in any way superior to the gear the majority of players will be farming and crafting. Or believe me, the exodus and quitting you see now will be nothing compared to what will take place if this locked-item superiority scenario is implemented

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    *sigh* Very bad idea...

If you guaranteed a reward of say a 100 runs not only will it take the thrill out of AL but it will propagate botting at a scale where instead of people complaining about the luck system of AL we will see threads based on "ban Xxxxxx he was botting".

Sidenote/Query:
    I am assuming that the developers must have a way to tell which 'platform' a player is playing on (and their country of origin too). I'm basing this assumption on the fact that I can't do free platinum offers on any of my devices (android or chrome, US based).

Can't they use this information to also put limits on whichever platforms (assuming PC/Chrome version is the major offender?) are the most problematic when it comes to botting and/or plat farming to resolve some of the cheating issues?

Just my opinion that fixing the cheating might allow the rest of us to have more fun in the game since some of the other limitations might be removed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    There are numerous threads going around on this, and I wanted to reiterate a few things to the community in a fresh thread. StS has always based their quality gear on the luck-based system. For example, the original mythics were obtained in locked crates. Arcane weapons and eggs have been the same, based upon a luck based system that you can play if you spend real money. I am really OK with some of this because it's fun to take a gamble sometimes. I have been lucky and looted many arcane and mythic items.

However, my problem is that ALL good items are based on luck. When the planar pendant came out we were so excited that we could grind and get the materials, then how bummed we were when it all came down to the recipe. Some of you got lucky and got it after a few runs in Arena. Then, some of the veteran players have run over 1000 times yet never got lucky. That is really frustrating to us as players. The same thing goes for Nekro, the majority of us will simply never loot one or have enough gold to purchase a fossil.

I like this game a lot, there are many things that StS does right for us. The tombs and arena are fun to play, we had a blast in all of the expansions that have come to Arlor. Events they get better and better with and I think Valentine's was so nice and we earned a lot of stuff and it was totally F2P. Thank you for that StS. Also, your improvements in the game are not going on without notice by us. You are fixing bugs every week and the communication on these is great. Thank you to the people working hard on our quality-of-life in Arlor.

Here is where a lot of your dedicated players are frustrated. We need to see a little more return for our money spent in the game via plat and less items with 'luck' attached to them. I have two suggestions on this:

1. With respect to the new items coming in the game with Rage of Ren'Gol make some of the good ones obtainable with a good old grind fest. Do not let us sit there with all the components but always missing the 'luck based one' like the planar recipe and fossil. Balance it out more between some of these lucky drop items and time spent in the game. For someone to spend vast amounts of time in game but always be the guy coming up empty handed is totally not fair. It doesn't sit well with the player base. I have people in my guild that I swear run arena for hours and hours every day and grind tombs for hours more. Yet they have no recipe and no pieces of imbued. You need to implement items that are rewarded by simply running. Mind you, a lot of running so we keep busy but the total luck base for good items has really run its course with us.

2. Behind the scenes the plat spenders are all grumbling a little bit. We see other games (Taichi Panda is the one that comes to mind) that has attracted a lot of old Arlorians to. Why? Because there is simply more return on the dollar. You can go in that game and for a single dollar get something really cool which is wings that help you fight in the game. I don't mind spending money on AL, nor do I mind opening locked for items which I will continue to do. However, I would suggest beefing up the plat store with more quality items we can flat out buy for plat. Not vanity but real stuff that we can use and love. Now that I can get behind, and I am sure so can many of the players who love this game and want it to thrive.

Thank you for listening !!!! We are all excited for the Rage of Ren'gol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    It would be kinda cool to be sure that you'll loot the mytic gear... but...

When expansion will be released, we will all reach the cap level pretty quick. We will farm the new campain for some decent new legendary gear. Then STS will unlock the elite maps etc. The problem with a stable loot system is that people will farm it too easily. Let me explain myself: I can join the highest PvE guilds and we will all start farming those runs. 1000 runs right? no problem, we can easily gather a team of 4 people (since it's new expansion, a lot more people restart playing AL), and start farming it for a month, 2 months, 3 months. After 3 months, 75% of the people already own the mythic gear, and you just feel like farming it again and sell the gear... but , oh yeah, most people own it already so the value drops really low... and you're bored again (even more bored then now because you did the same map 30times a day for the past 3 months). You can start PvP but 75% of the people own the same armor, so it's all based on the weapon and the noobs with the ring and the skills and lag. Game death.

Take for example the dragonitge bar. when 2x dragkin cameout, the value of the bar drastically dropped from 2,3m to... well nobody buys it at 1,3m. I am pretty sure that the value of the bar was higher at Tindirin release.

If there is no luck in this, the game will end too quickly. I don't know if the ingredients or the full armor parts will be found in locked crates, but I believe that farming must have a higher success rate then locked. In other words, if the ingredients drop in locked and Elite goldens, then the Elite golden chests will have a higher drop rate then the locked (2-3x more). This way, STS gets their profits from Locked crates gambling (because there are other stuff then mythic gear), and the farmers get their gear from their hard work. Remember that there is not only mythic gear in the Elite chests, but also good legendaries so it's a very good deal.

Don't consider me against you. I just wanted to bring something good to the discussion. We're not trying to prove to STS that you're right, we're trying to find what's the right thing to do.

much love,
    Dragoon

Speaking as an I.T. student and an avid MMO player. The fight with botting never goes too well. This usually takes hours and hours of time and tons and tons of manpower to get a hold of botters or platfarmers(not really relevant to the topic, idk why u brought this up). The best way to curb these two parasites in any game is to nott give players a REASON or a method to do this. Eggs/chests which pets can't pick up is an excellent way to avoid botting, not to mention random "elusive four" bosses like we have skratch in tombs makes sure no low levels bot.

Hmm... Would be nice to see elite/normal mob-bosses like we have in tindirin.

Back on topic; please sirs, please none of that run 100 maps and u get an OP pet or item. Keep the randomness just tweak it so that its not so "random". (Hope im making sense).
    I tried to put all this together and this is what I got:

There would be a quest where you have to farm the map 1000x for an untradeable version of the mythic set. There would also be a farmable luck based version from Elite chests (the ingredients would drop more often in elite chests then locked crates). The luck version one would be tradeable with a little extra bonus. I also suggest an AP for completing the quest (similar to the AP for restoring the mythic armors).

This way, you get a decent reward for your hard work, and you can still farm for the bonus one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I want the non maxed geared players to consider something. While having a concrete way to farm new mythic set will lead you to owning mythics, the process won't be an easy way to make gold. As with all things in AL, the early bird gets the worm.

For example, if an arena run should take a mixed party 8-10 minutes a run but takes my party 4-5min, that is a big advantage for the heavily geared. Time spent considered equal, literally half the time.

Some people will be more relaxed about running sure, but some will be running for this stuff the it's a LB.

They did mention that no components would come from locks and that some ingredients were tradable and some weren't. That means that everyone will have to farm at least some for the set.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

STS never will change this system. STS is money, They need money, money, money, money, learn something MONEY. xS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    STS never will change this system. STS is money, They need money, money, money, money, learn something MONEY. xS
    This isn't true. If they want only money they wouldn't even put recipe and fossil in arena. And they are working hard to make the game enjoyable for everyone. Ofcourse they need monetize the game for more contents and further development of the game. It takes lot of hard work to develop the game. But i wanted to say don't monetize the core of the game (that's the class balance, content balance and PVP ).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

This isn't true. If they want only money they wouldn't even put recipe and fossil in arena. And they are working hard to make the game enjoyable for everyone. Ofcourse they need monetize the game for more contents and further development of the game. It takes lot of hard work to develop the game. But i wanted to say don't monetize the core of the game (that's the class balance, content balance and PVP ).
    I see in arena: ANKHS, ANKHS,ANKHS, ANKHS,ANKHS,ANKHS. D:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

If you keep being so negative you wont get anywhere

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Thats why i said do not monetize core of the game

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    Yes I did 300+ runs in arena and no recipe hehe and spend 650 ankhs :P only for nothing.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    But someday I hope to be so lucky like some players who drop recipe 3 or 4 times. Fantastic!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

^needs to calm down.

People complaining/cribbing about STS trying to earn money need to GTHO. They need food on their tables and a roof over their heads. If STS isnt earning money they camt make games like AL and then u complainees will have to find a different game-forums to post idiotic comments like that. They have been trying to make this game as f2p friendly as they can while trying to budget in some ways to earn money. Best thing would be to keep calm and play AL. The upcoming "farmable" mythic kit has all the endgame farmers salivating!
    Trust me they make more money than they need, they just want to become millionaires overnight. Try paying £70 for plat that gives you nothing in return. Something that cost them nothing to create and then they go throwing iPads at walls, you will see if you saw the alpha video to CoC. An old game I played my guildies got bought the code from a rogue employee and made a private server and was able to run that efficiently with tiny donations from avid fans like myself. And the game was very very bigger than this. One of the guys that did this was only 16 as well so if they can do that with that little money, why can't sts with 100x more

sent from fritters beak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Speaking as an I.T. student and an avid MMO player. The fight with botting never goes too well. This usually takes hours and hours of time and tons and tons of manpower to get a hold of botters or platfarmers(not really relevant to the topic, idk why u brought this up). The best way to curb these two parasites in any game is to nott give players a REASON or a method to do this. Eggs/chests which pets can't pick up is an excellent way to avoid botting, not to mention random "elusive four" bosses like we have skratch in tombs makes sure no low levels bot.

Hmm... Would be nice to see elite/normal mob-bosses like we have in tindirin.

Back on topic; please sirs, please none of that run 100 maps and u get an OP pet or item. Keep the randomness just tweak it so that its not so "random". (Hope im making sense).
    I know my point was a little off topic, just that your comment about potential complaints of 'botting' reminded me of how cheating seems to be a big issue in AL and bots and plat farming were the two major culprits. The reason I mentioned it, was because I don't have access to free platinum offers, and I am assuming that is because of the plat farming issues, which basically means I get penalized because of the cheaters.

Maybe they could consider an additional in game currency that is ONLY available for purchase with actual cash/credit card payments, and not via free offers. At least they would know these are legit purchases, with actual traceable cash receipts tied to them. Possibly even set up a vendor where we can get perks such as special upgrade gems. Something to help out in the game, but not anything that would drastically change the flow of the game. Anyway, you're right, that is really off topic, so I'll get back on topic now, 8^).

I have to agree with the original poster that having some options other than 'pure luck' for getting some of the 'nicer things in life' in this game.

I spend a LOT on platinum (more than I care to admit) because I would like to have something better than 'legendary' items to play the game with.
    However, it would be nice to know that there are some option 'other' than pure luck for getting good items. I have no problem with farming for stuff, I put in a lot of time as it is, but you can only go so far with pink items.

I'm not saying I should get the best stuff just because I paid for platinum, but by the same token, getting absolutely nothing to show for the money makes you wonder why you're just throwing money at the game (and not just buying a game system instead, or anything else that is a sure bet for that matter).

I don't mind spending money on the game, it is a GOOD game, I just wish there was a little more to show for it, 8^).
    Last edited by PhoenixPrime; 04-29-2015 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Additional Currency option

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    I tried to put all this together and this is what I got:

There would be a quest where you have to farm the map 1000x for an untradeable version of the mythic set. There would also be a farmable luck based version from Elite chests (the ingredients would drop more often in elite chests then locked crates). The luck version one would be tradeable with a little extra bonus. I also suggest an AP for completing the quest (similar to the AP for restoring the mythic armors).

This way, you get a decent reward for your hard work, and you can still farm for the bonus one
    So once again, the person farming their heart out for ingredients/elite chests and components needed for untradeable set still has to have the second best?

How about my farmed mythic set is no different than the one from the elite chests, the only difference is I can't sell mine?

Because I really hate the idea of farming my *** off and having to settle for second best, only to be cornered into buying another luck based mythic set because it's slightly better.

This would be 8 pieces of gear that I would have to work for? That's completely unreasonable and unnecessary even for the most hardcore of farmers. Beyond that, what the hell would I do with the untradable set after I worked my way into the luck-based one with the set bonus? Is it supposed to rot in my inventory? Because that's what will happen, which totally undermines the 'achievement' in the first place.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Yeah... No second best for hard earned items... They should be same whether u get lucky or work your hiney off for it

At the most maybe different colors, but same stats n bonus
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    So once again, the person farming their heart out for ingredients/elite chests and components needed for untradeable set still has to have the second best?

How about my farmed mythic set is no different than the one from the elite chests, the only difference is I can't sell mine?

Because I really hate the idea of farming my *** off and having to settle for second best, only to be cornered into buying another luck based mythic set because it's slightly better.

This would be 8 pieces of gear that I would have to work for? That's completely unreasonable and unnecessary even for the most hardcore of farmers. Beyond that, what the hell would I do with the untradable set after I worked my way into the luck-based one with the set bonus? Is it supposed to rot in my inventory? Because that's what will happen, which totally undermines the 'achievement' in the first place.
    If you can't sell a farmed set, what will people farm for to make money? That defeats the entire purpose of having farmable items. And yes, farming for second best would be just plain ridiculous.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    If you can't sell a farmed set, what will people farm for to make money? That defeats the entire purpose of having farmable items. And yes, farming for second best would be just plain ridiculous.
    In the spoiler thread they said you'll need components to craft the new sets (two for the pink sets, and three for the myth sets). So why not just sell the components? Everyone is going to need them anyway and it could work as a steady source of income provided they fall into the relatively rare from bosses or chests catergory as drops. Say, the same rate as the current Dark Crystal sets? That would keep them high enough for people to stay interested in farming for a good long while.
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 04-29-2015 at 12:02 PM.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt