Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We want mythics and crafting based on time spent NOT LUCK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Littlegroot View Post
    Remember: I won't be replying or posting anymore inside here, no point to quote my posts.

Keep up the good work STS.
    Please do as you said.
    Thank you.

BTW. You got your point. It's ture sts need money. But luck system is not the only and best way to make money and please their customers. That's what people are talking about here. Suggesting better way to use both farming and plats at the same time.
    Not just laughing at others opinions.
    Last edited by Excuses; 04-30-2015 at 12:17 AM.
    Aegis

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

$20,000 a month? Is this guy for real. If I could spend that amount of cash it wouldnt be on digital content

sent from fritters beak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

What he fails to realize is that the main voices on this forum are those representing guilds with hundreds of members in each. These are the people who are in touch with the average players on a daily basis. Sure 1-10% of the player base may be posting, but the majority of these voices are guild leaders or officers. Each voice that represents a guild is speaking on behalf of the community in game.

Not all players have the time, energy, and/or linguistic skills to make comprehensive posts to emphasize the community's needs. That is why STS calls the people who make and participate constructively in threads like this on a regular basis, community leaders.
    Last edited by Serancha; 04-30-2015 at 12:54 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I really enjoy viewing/reading a thread like this. It shows that SO MANY people really love this game Arcane Legends. In fact there's a discussion thread post entitled, "Question for long time players". I myself started playing in 8/2013 and have a good time ever since. The point is, I had no idea what Arcane Legends was until a group of friends told me how fun, social etc the game was. So I tried it and here I am more than 1 year later speaking on forums as well as others about the game we all enjoy very much.
    A game reflects it's quality when people/gamers build a community and voice positive, negative, helpful, technical etc; feedback to bring improvements to the game they enjoy. We have countless farming guides, Zeus's gear improvement/concern threads "hahahaha" I really like these, Energizerics thoughtful detailed post, this post Candy began and SO MANY others from pet guides, timed runs, elite & pvp tips etc; This all just shows how much the community has made their investment in this game just like STS has.

This is something a game/community can build upon. It's what kept some here since 2012 and myself here since 2013 logging in, chatting with friends, running events, spending $$$$ buying hundreds/thousands of plats, HAVING FUN in the game we've all grown to luv! That I believe is one of the main messages here "the good 'ol days lol jk jk" and ty as usual REM for showing the dev support for the community.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HotttSauce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Even though I was not able to read all the comments, I am ready to vote this as a thread of the year Like HotttSauce says, this reflects how much community cares about the game.

Like OP mentioned, heavy farmers need their reward. If you put countless hours on this game, you got to have something else than pve kills in return. STS have done it before - remember e.g. the juggernauts of nordr type of quests. By killing the elite bosses multiple times, you have a guarenteed loot. And well the event tier prizes are the same. Hope the implement similar model this time as well.

But not everybody is able to play hours a day. They need to have something to gain as well. For them items like the egg ring and mythic pets are things that can keep them interested. Just keep them account bound and everybody will be happy.

I think STS is doing pretty well job balancing on f2p and p2w models. Just keep up the good work!

Many people mentioned Taichi Panda, there are some good ideas implemented, like how you utilize the junk loot to fortify your gear etc. Sts take a look at it and copy with pride
    Jiarijiba / Jiablast / Jiaroxx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Sadly attracted to Taichi Panda too.

Anyway +1 Candy. I'd rather have a system like the tooth system of Tindirin.
    Example: 1500 Planar essence can buy 1 recipe. It will be hard to grind for essence but it will be worth it at the end because of the item you wanted is assured to be obtained instead of rellying on luck.
    I had never heard.of.taichi panda til this thread. Now? Sold!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Read all the posts in this thread. Lots of agreements and a few disagreements.
    But as a whole I think everyone would like the idea of their hardwork being rewarded at the end of some specified number of runs. Have run the arena many times, no recipe drops. Some have run more then me and they too haven't dropped one till date. If we are assured that we will be getting something for our hard work then its obvious that the number of active players will increase plus new players will be attracted to the game as well.
    I will disagree with little on his opinion. Yes, we need luck in the game, we need luck in our lives too. But what happens if everything is based on luck?
    True that plat spenders should be rewarded for spending a little extra then others. But keep in mind two things, most hardcore plat spenders have sometimes been deprived of good items as well also AL consists of majority of farmers (who btw buy plats for elixers and stuff) and players who can't afford such massive sums everyday. And they form the majority in the game. Sts, though people keep on finding their faults many times, have tried to remove such problems through a number of ways. Pet Crates to get pets which were earlier plat exclusive. Gold eggs to provide ankhs kits respec scrolls etc. Let's wait and see what happens this time if you read the posts I think I may have read a post by a dev in the new gears announcement thread, that the items won't be available in lockeds. How cool is that?! So everyone and I mean everyone has to farm for them If sts just fixes the luck by which items drop, then I think players will be more then satisfied. And I think sts plans on doing that this expansion Till then let's just wait.
    Btw, Candy thanks for the numerous posts you give in the forum highlighting players problems. I know you are one of the few lucky players with vast wealth and arcane items. But your concern for the whole community too, deserves an applause Cheers

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fightbeast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

even i agree with what you all say. doing 2k runs and not getting a drop is going to hurt everyone. what this game lacks is things to farm. a shard dropping from a gold dragon chest is a myth. no one even does it anymore. what i believe is that everything we get in lock should be farmable. like that even the market will not crash. now all the players are concentrated in the planar area. but if everyone is spread in different places farming different then the market would be stable because there would be less inflow of each item. players who wants to get items quickly can open locks and if not people can farm items. i dont have much mmo experience but this is what i think

with regards
    -Linorex

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Iinorex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Littlegroot View Post
    Sadly those who fire back at me doesn't understand how a free to play mobile game company business model should work.
    You guys are just 1 to 10% out of the whole population of AL players.
    Or to make it easier to understand, you guys only contribute 1 to 10% of the AL revenue.

Please note there are two types of games.
    1. U pay money buy the game bring it home and play or pay download from Internet and play. Let's call it offline games.
    it can be connected online to play too. That's for multiplayer mode.
    Companies earn money by selling these games - main revenue
    Many other ways these companies can earn more revenues by selling stuffs in their multiplayer modes too, but it isn't where the main revenue comes from.

2. U download the game from the internet into your PC / MacBook / Mobile Devices and play
    It's free to download
    It's free to play
    Company main revenue is from more players downloading the games and spending tons of real money in this game to open special chests or crates or whatever u call it.
    It's always based on a luck system to get rare or the best gears.
    If everything is so easily available, this game would have died long ago. Why?
    Simple logic, they will need to continuously come out with new contents more frequently and more expansion more level caps more new gears.
    To create more stuffs for the game, you need more manpower! Meaning they will have to hire 4-5 times more employees to cope with the demand from their players. Because everyone is having the same gears easily available to them.
    Can the company earn enough to support the high overheads?
    Wake up please...
    You spend 1k 2k 3k 4k 5k all the way to 15k on a monthly basics on opening chest, and you expect to get rare items 100%.
    Dream on!!

If the gameplay is solid and the game environment and content is fantastic, the game company will still be able to attract more new players into this game of AL.
    What is the world population of people using their smart phones?
    All of u that is firing back at me, what % are u guys vs the big population of potential smart phone users who have not tried the game?

Think about it before you talk.
    Go study and get s business degree or something
    Get some work experience in other gaming companies to learn more about similar industry as this game.

Hint: I come from a gaming industry company and its bigger than STS but I enjoyed this game very much.
    It is also a must for me to research my competitions around this particular free to play industry.

So I would say, your comments make me roll down on the floor laughing or slapping my head against my head.
    We have players in other games spending more than USD$20,000 monthly they still write in and complain to us no rare items from opening chests.
    How many of such players do we have? Plenty! Lose one still have thousands of such players.
    This a is game for long term playing, not a quick 30-60 seconds free to play game.
    They are many different business strategies for different types or modes of free to play game.

Hahaha!!
    Looking at your attitude, I dont think anyone believes you, you remind me of those new to the internet 10 year olds that say their dad works for microsoft.

Back on topic, why dont you go play another MMORPG? You'll see everything is obtainable by hard work, EVERYTHING. It may take a long time but it can be done, where as AL sadly theres that annoying luck aspect on ALL the good gear which makes it near impossible.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

This thread sucks please just ignore little he's just going to say "I'm not going to respond anymore" and do it anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

+1 everything on many other MMOs are farmable but certain things like pets or wings for taichi panda.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I'm sure the DEVs are getting the idea on how we would like the game to change slightly.

The community has spoken
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

agreed with u all

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Farminer's View Post
    +1 everything on many other MMOs are farmable but certain things like pets or wings for taichi panda.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    +1 taichi panda I have legendary gear and haven't spent a single dime

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regizakirs.rs View Post
    +1 taichi panda I have legendary gear and haven't spent a single dime
    Lvl 23 15k might with wings (spent 1$ ) lol I wanted them wings

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Sorry Candylicks I'm not going to turn this into a taichi panda thread lol

The awoken king ate me...so I guess in his stomach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

I spend 5+hours dai
    Ly in game(not planar)but I am a kid I can't buy plat so I don't open locks....I play5hrs daily,(holidays right now)but I am poor I am an endgamer but I never have more that 60k spare cash...and then expense of pots and many other things...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I wouldn't mind spending 200 dollars on a mythic set cause I don't have time to run around 1000 times and kill elite bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raxaxic View Post
    I wouldn't mind spending 200 dollars on a mythic set cause I don't have time to run around 1000 times and kill elite bosses.
    Unless you're a PVP only player, why would you want to be able to buy the best gear directly with plat. There would be no reason to farm anymore. There needs to be a reason to farm or the game will die. Plat should allow you to speed up the process not skip it entirely.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Unless you're a PVP only player, why would you want to be able to buy the best gear directly with plat. There would be no reason to farm anymore. There needs to be a reason to farm or the game will die. Plat should allow you to speed up the process not skip it entirely.
    For those lazy or already rich people out there... I have no problem with them buying their gear from me with gold... Let them transfer their Plat to gold and purchase it from us people that love farming and making gold!!!

I'm personally hoping there's lots to be farmed this expansion (and can be farmed!) ... And lots of people that want to buy!

That will keep out market alive and worth farming!
    And also help to close the gap
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post: