Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Smart Chat Annoyance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alottabit View Post
    /Ouch. The work for toggling smart chat is complete, so barring any unfortunate circumstances, it will go out with the next (1.2.5.0) client.
    /hugs Thanks for the update. We shall keep our fingers crossed.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

/Ouch. The work for toggling smart chat is complete, so barring any unfortunate circumstances, it will go out with the next (1.2.5.0) client.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I believe this is appropriate...

Attachment 131996

Seriously, thank you!
    FYI: the Lord has nothing to do with this...

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

NO WAY!

The game is not just a mobile-game anymore since the cross-platform. Its a cross-platform game now, both users of mobile and PC should be able enjoy the game the way they like it. Removing the smart-chat just because mobile users don't like it means STS wasted efforts on the smart-chat.

To make both mobile and PC users happy, there should be check button on setting to enable/disable the smart-chat.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #45
    Spacetime Studios Dev Alottabit's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    To make both mobile and PC users happy, there should be check button on setting to enable/disable the smart-chat.
    I agree - that's what I meant by toggle. You'll be able to enable/disable it as a game option.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alottabit For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

I agree - that's what I meant by toggle. You'll be able to enable/disable it as a game option.
    well, when could we expect this option to go live alotta? Would it be the expansion or...can it not just happen soon...the system is really annoying...

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Thanks for clarifying.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Spacetime Studios Dev Alottabit's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    well, when could we expect this option to go live alotta? Would it be the expansion or...can it not just happen soon...the system is really annoying...
    Understood. Unfortunately, this requires a new client, so we can't just role it out with the weekly community fixes. I'm not sure on the exact time frame, but it'll be around expansion time.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Understood. Unfortunately, this requires a new client, so we can't just role it out with the weekly community fixes. I'm not sure on the exact time frame, but it'll be around expansion time.
    As long as y'all never ever break an essential communication feature again we will all be grateful! Thank you, Alotta, you da man!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't get it.

This issue is not as pressing as some others that are prevalent in the game. Yet you, STS, choose, out of ALL THINGS, to fix the chat system. THIS IS AN MMORPG. Chatting is not the main feature of the game. This isn't Club Penguin dammit. There are so many more issues in the game that any developer would take into reckoning instead of a quote-unquote essential communication feature. Is the main goal of the game "killing stuffs dead" or "/g hi sir can I has gold sir pl0x /r hi sir can I has gold sir pl0x /p hi sir can I has gold sir pl0x".

Just because a certain, well-known forumer suggests it does not mean you have to actually change something that was not a bug in the first place. I certainly hope you're not gonna spend all your time on this and instead focus on actual game issues such as the state of CTF and many other bugs. A forumer called MADNEX has compiled a huge list of bugs and it is simply laughable that you do not spend your attention on those.

Looks like Smart Chat is going to be changed regardless, so there is no point in me arguing the case. I am a mobile user and will find this slightly more helpful but that is all. Slightly more helpful. Nothing game-changing. Nothing worth taking an actual look at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoul View Post
    I don't get it.

This issue is not as pressing as some others that are prevalent in the game. Yet you, STS, choose, out of ALL THINGS, to fix the chat system. THIS IS AN MMORPG. Chatting is not the main feature of the game. This isn't Club Penguin dammit. There are so many more issues in the game that any developer would take into reckoning instead of a quote-unquote essential communication feature. Is the main goal of the game "killing stuffs dead" or "/g hi sir can I has gold sir pl0x /r hi sir can I has gold sir pl0x /p hi sir can I has gold sir pl0x".

Just because a certain, well-known forumer suggests it does not mean you have to actually change something that was not a bug in the first place. I certainly hope you're not gonna spend all your time on this and instead focus on actual game issues such as the state of CTF and many other bugs. A forumer called MADNEX has compiled a huge list of bugs and it is simply laughable that you do not spend your attention on those.

Looks like Smart Chat is going to be changed regardless, so there is no point in me arguing the case. I am a mobile user and will find this slightly more helpful but that is all. Slightly more helpful. Nothing game-changing. Nothing worth taking an actual look at.
    Do you not belong to a guild and run in parties? Do you not sell items and have people pming you to ask about prices? Do you not have friends who pm you when you are already in a party asking you if you want to run? When you get 300+ end game runners on your friend list, run elites frequently, sell the loot you find, and manage a guild at the same time, then maybe you will have some perspective as to the reason this fix is necessary.

Looking at your forum account date, I would suspect you haven't even played long enough to know how the chat system is supposed to work - ie how it did for the 2 years before the current system was implemented. Therefore some of your attitude may be excused due to being uninformed.

They are not changing it because a well known forumer asked. They have been working on a fix for some time because the majority of the forumers - many of those who represent guilds with hundreds of players in each - have been requesting it for the 6 months since the feature was implemented. This thread served to get a response as to when the fix will be implemented, but it was not the cause for the fix in itself.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Thanks alotta, so this update is actually tied to the client, so the update affecting alot needs to be a client or is it mist likely that during expansions a new client is applied?

when you guys upgraded the chat into smart chat - was that also a client upgrade?

Thanks for your super fast response as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    Thanks alotta, so this update is actually tied to the client, so the update affecting alot needs to be a client...
    As my previous experience from another mmorpg, client contains user interface. Enable/disable smart chat as next check box in option menu is intervention to the interface

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Alright, I think this thread has run its course. Thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions. We'll talk more about Smart Chat in an upcoming weekly update. <3
    | | | |

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post: