Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing, Jewels!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Quote from first post:

"Current Gems
    Before jumping into Jewels, I want to assure you all that your current gems will remain untouched, as I alluded to above. Any gems you have created are still yours to keep. In no way will their functionality be changed. You can continue to socket them into any current gear you have or future gear you earn. However, you will not be able to craft new Gems after the Jewels system launches."
    I dont see how this answers my question.
    For example I have para gem in my gear. Id like to remove it and insert it in another piece of equipment. Sinse it will be possible fir jewels why not for gems?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Maybe this will...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    .... In the end, we felt the best course of action was to let existing gems eventually work themselves out of the game. Since they are not removeable from gear and there is only a set amount of them, they would, over time, cease to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratiomod View Post
    For example I have para gem in my gear. Id like to remove it and insert it in another piece of equipment. Sinse it will be possible fir jewels why not for gems?
    Although this idea may be feasible on paper, but para gems will be around for a very long time unless the new jewels are comparable, which I highly doubt. Just walk around town and count the number of para users....
    Last edited by Bluebatthing; 05-31-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

"Jewels can be removed from gear for a gold cost. This will allow you to use that removed Jewel as part of a craft to create a better Jewel."

just suggesting that if this is possible for jewels, i hope it can also be possible for removing para stone gems from equipments. its just that i have 2 para stones in my fang and i replaced it with a planar pendant. as of now, i dont know if i would sell my fang while it still has a decent value today or save it for the expansion so i can remove the para gems.
    it's a little hard to accept that i worked hard for this pendant only to trade hp for damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ratiomod View Post
    "In no way will their functionality be changed."

If you can remove para gem from gear, then you can sell it, imagine ppl buying para gemmed gear, remove, then sell, noone need new jewel then.

Damage jewel imho similar as para gem for sure, but the bonus of the first para gem is so huge, we will see how this will be solved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

If you can remove para gem from gear, then you can sell it, imagine ppl buying para gemmed gear, remove, then sell, noone need new jewel then.

Damage jewel imho similar as para gem for sure, but the bonus of the first para gem is so huge, we will see how this will be solved.
    Simple solution make removed gems bound to account...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geeman75 View Post
    Simple solution make removed gems bound to account...
    Bad idea. If you do this, even the cheapest/oldest/less desired twink items with one para will jump to 3.5-5m and higher, since that's the current value these gems are now socketed and sold for. Two para items would be 7-8m and that kind of defeats the purpose of twinking because you can't afford to get gold (or skills) for endgame.

Nothing stop would stop someone from buying a new highly valuable item, putting in the removed paragem he got from that 1m lunar and selling it paragemmed for an extra 4-5m.

Just let the paragems be flushed out of the system like intended. Gems will not be removable, only jewels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Bad idea. If you do this, twink items with one para will jump to 3.5-5m and higher, since that's the current value these gems are now socketed and sold for. Two para items would be 7-8m and that kind of defeats the purpose of twinking because you can't afford to get gold (or skills) for endgame.

Nothing stop would stop someone from buying a new highly valuable item, putting in the removed paragem he got from that 1m lunar and selling it paragemmed for an extra 4-5m.

Just let the paragems be flushed out of the system like intended. Gems will not be removable, only jewels.
    Like I said if gems are bound then one couldn't sell the item. I think it's an awesome idea imho...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geeman75 View Post
    Like I said if gems are bound then one couldn't sell the item. I think it's an awesome idea imho...
    These gems are already bound. Unless you're suggesting making the whole item bound when you put a para in it. Sure that's perfect if you want to be stuck with a full set of outdated gear worth a ton of gold that you can't sell in a few months.

Removable gems are not happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TankingRogue View Post
    "Jewels can be removed from gear for a gold cost. This will allow you to use that removed Jewel as part of a craft to create a better Jewel."

just suggesting that if this is possible for jewels, i hope it can also be possible for removing para stone gems from equipments. its just that i have 2 para stones in my fang and i replaced it with a planar pendant. as of now, i dont know if i would sell my fang while it still has a decent value today or save it for the expansion so i can remove the para gems.
    it's a little hard to accept that i worked hard for this pendant only to trade hp for damage.
    You really should have thought ahead. If I was lucky enough to have a para, I would have just kept in my inventory and took it out every once in a while to admire. I never would have given into the temptation to use it to upgrade a piece of equipment. What a waste.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

No need to get hostile. You made the dicision to use the stones, you'll just have to live with it. As previously stated, the devs intend to let the para stones work itself out of the game, hence the new jewels are removable and the old gems aren't, paras included. .
    At that time, Fang was the best amulet in the game so shut up.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebatthing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I remember old season 2-3 times, when 1m gear suddenly worth nothing anymore, every 2-3 month new expansion, tombs etc, but we kept playing because it was entertaining to farm discover new areas fast, figure out new ways to make money. Nowadays everything is so slow, people want to hold things forever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Pve, Pve, pve... and what you doing about pvp? Is there still masacr ganging mode or you finally did something about it so i can return to game? Or be on break more until you do something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow so cool can't wait but I'm sad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I have the strong feeling that Paracelsus gem still remain in the system for twinks (forever).
    Due to the fact end game is moving forward (lvl41 - lvl46 Legendary - lvl46 myth - ...) Para gems there will phase out very soon - in end-game gear.
    IMO: A 2 Para twink weapon will be quite a high value for long time, especially because twinks will not able to jewelize their gear with high quality jewels (noble or like that, depending on twink level).
    PLUS a twink gears do not change so frequently like end-game (think of depraved, sinister bow or storm sword).

As a summarization (from long term point of view): if someone put their para now in any end-game like gear (like arcane ring or lvl41 myth stuff) they make mistake OR they make twink gear when end-game will be lvl101.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vfreakhun View Post
    I have the strong feeling that Paracelsus gem still remain in the system for twinks (forever).
    Due to the fact end game is moving forward (lvl41 - lvl46 Legendary - lvl46 myth - ...) Para gems there will phase out very soon - in end-game gear.
    IMO: A 2 Para twink weapon will be quite a high value for long time, especially because twinks will not able to jewelize their gear with high quality jewels (noble or like that, depending on twink level).
    PLUS a twink gears do not change so frequently like end-game (think of depraved, sinister bow or storm sword).

As a summarization (from long term point of view): if someone put their para now in any end-game like gear (like arcane ring or lvl41 myth stuff) they make mistake OR they make twink gear when end-game will be lvl101.
    Not so frequently, but they do change sometimes like the goblin weapons now better, or some new farmable gear comes? Without locked crates I'm curious how ppl will obtain new items.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

very nice keep going

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Para gems will not be removable, developers have specifically stated they intend to phase out para gems from the game.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

apparently the solution is to wait for para to die out. The highest tire of damage jewel has .6 damage (in test server), and according to cara, those stats are final (but can still be change)....so ya

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sweet

Feeling excited

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I smell big gold sink