Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing, Jewels!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kickazzrogue View Post
    i agree to a extent but it should not diminsh them think about your gonna wipe out the op para gem with a even stronger gem? thats still abusable by the rich thats almost the same problem if i have a 100mil and u have 1mil whos gonna get the maxed out op set first itll take u 100x as long as it would me still abusable in a way but avaible for all idk in a way these r like para gems just diff concept paras should be as even as possible to the new ones i think but not diminshed same with eyes this does help new players tho which i like but dont screw the older ones in the process
    It's not about who gets maxed out first, of course the richer/older players will always achieve that before newer ones in every possible scenario. It's about accessibility; so the 400k budget person can work on the most powerful jewel to either use or sell it by putting in the exact same time that a 400m budget person would (regardless of how the second one will probably buy what he needs instead of crafting it).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Devs got to address this damage % jewel. While others gems doesn't make much sense even if replaced by jewels but para gem replacement is almost everybody's concern. That particular gem was the game changer and still will if they came out as jewel version. Obvious it will flood the market, obvious it will be hard to achieve, obvious pvp will continue to be a fastest sniper game rather skill based.
    Para gem was a mistake we all know that but let's not revise the same mistake again in the name of jewel with same 2damage and everything.
    A balance is indeed necessary and to get the actual max damage out of those jewels has to be hurdled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

will the para gem be affected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Only me feeling that Jewels will totally sucks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Does anyone think something is wrong with the fact that my level 10 sorcerer can solo the entire Dead City campaign with ease? Remember that Dead City was meant for levels 17-21.

It has also gotten to the point that it is MUCH faster for me to solo these events on my level 10 sorcerer than it is for me to go with a full pro party at end game. When I say "much faster", I mean that the same boss that it takes 2-3 minutes to beat with a pro end game party I can beat in 30-40 seconds with my level 10 sorcerer.

Now you want them to release these jewels that can make even MORE damage than para gems? Good luck ever balancing this game again LOL.

Edit: Maybe at end game it would be fine, but make sure these jewels scale down to twink levels as I don't think we can take more damage at such low levels without throwing off game balance even further. You don't want me to be able to one hit the next event boss.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-13-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It has also gotten to the point that it is MUCH faster for me to solo these events on my level 10 sorcerer than it is for me to go with a full pro party at end game. When I say "much faster", I mean that the same boss that it takes 2-3 minutes to beat with a pro end game party I can beat in 30-40 seconds with my level 10 sorcerer.
    I can only second this opinion. I have 5lvl rogue (no para, only couple of grands) and it's by far the fastest toon to run events on (if lvl allowed). I made it to dead city easily and although dead city feels a bit like elite, it's still doable on level 5 (!!!). My tombs-speced mage 15 is the second best, and end-game pro parties are never faster than solo on 5 or 15. I have no paras on my event twinks.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

This is nice! Thanks STS!

INAN'HESH
    Difficult times create strong people, strong people create peaceful times, peaceful times create weak people, weak people create difficult times

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Does anyone think something is wrong with the fact that my level 10 sorcerer can solo the entire Dead City campaign with ease? Remember that Dead City was meant for levels 17-21.

Now you want them to release these jewels that can make even MORE damage than para gems? Good luck ever balancing this game again LOL.

Edit: Maybe at end game it would be fine, but make sure these jewels scale down to twink levels as I don't think we can take more damage at such low levels without throwing off game balance even further. You don't want me to be able to one hit the next event boss.
    I don't see a problem with this. You can just destroy every single event there is and be number 1 all the time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Another solution is to make leaderboards that twinks can't compete in any longer since the game has outrgrown the underlings... just a thought. They can always keep playing the old stuff if they want to. Also make it so they can't play the new content unless 41+ at all or register on new leaderboards.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice hopefully these are worth it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    Another solution is to make leaderboards that twinks can't compete in any longer since the game has outrgrown the underlings... just a thought. They can always keep playing the old stuff if they want to. Also make it so they can't play the new content unless 41+ at all or register on new leaderboards.
    I think you will lose a good percentage of the total players in the game if you do that. There are a large number of players who only play twinks. This group of players has developed over the past year due mainly to these events. Eliminating their ability to participate at this point would not be right.

How about just make it more balanced at lower levels. Is that so hard?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

There is a little issue with this jewel. If i play like everyone do, i will have a lot of jewels of any type. Best jewel require a lot, so my inventory will be full everytime... Moreover probably i can craft best jewel without delete the others to get free space.
    I have lost my life, when i have started play arcane legends, but there are two remaining. ♡♡♥
    IGN: hobilomm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

that ideal per level is better for para gem users to avoid unbalance some rich player use 10/10 para gems, compare to average player 1-2 para gems. make a level restriction like what u plan to jewels. LV. 1-19 1-2 para gems. / lv20-30 2-4para gems / lv31-41 4-5 para gems. ^__^
    Last edited by hpmyname; 05-20-2015 at 05:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Very good news! gems that adds +8 are excellent!

I have a suggestion: what about a special gem that can upgrade every weapon to current level?
    For example that can upgrade old weapon from lev 36 or 41 to lev 46.

Good work! Bye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I have to say it.. This is almost as awesome as CHEESE!
    CheesyRogue Officer and Concigliere of Chivalrous Union

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I think this is just an attempt at nerfing my timed runs. Let us twinks, twink. How about Sts scale mobs and bosses harder for level 15 since they obviously can run everything fast. If anything lvl 10 needs to be able to run haunted and km1 and also scale the tombs mob levels evenly. Or...how about we just not complain >_>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I think you will lose a good percentage of the total players in the game if you do that. There are a large number of players who only play twinks. This group of players has developed over the past year due mainly to these events. Eliminating their ability to participate at this point would not be right.

The question is interesting.
    Why? Because at low levels (eg lower than lvl 20) the difference between "new-born" guys and "pro PvP mates" are MUCH larger that at endgame.

At endgame (lvl41)
    - if I am a weak rogue I have 3000 HP and my damage is 400.
    - if I am a pro player (not Zeus, but good) I have 4000 HP and my damage is 700.
    Difference is 150-170% (damage)

At lvl9 I have a rogue with 100+ damage while the "new-born" pink-from-golden-chest users (without gems) has 20-30.
    Difference is 300-400% (damage) ... and I did not say the epic gear users which is common for this low level!

So STS can decide: Or low levels are hard to twinks and TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE for average-Joes, or keep the current status. (Still now many casual users find hard the event-bosses).
    I prefer to keep as it is.

Why?

When I started this game I had no money AND it seemed not worth to pay more than "almost minimal" pink gear which I will overgrow soon. (Just after I joined, gem was introduced. I sold all my gems insted of use... to have gold.)

VS

At end-game everbody afford better than top-of-the-crap pink (eg.: 50-100k each).
    You will not overgrow till next expansion.
    During an event you can get the event-best things for fairly cheap.
    You can farm at lower levels easily...

This is true for twinks as well.
    Twinks will not overgrow their gear ever, twinks use "best-ever" weapons for their level, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hpmyname View Post
    that ideal per level is better for para gem users to avoid unbalance some rich player use 10/10 para gems, compare to average player 1-2 para gems. make a level restriction like what u plan to jewels. LV. 1-19 1-2 para gems. / lv20-30 2-4para gems / lv31-41 4-5 para gems. ^__^
    I can tell you that an average player has ZERO Paragem...
    As an Arlorian average the user/paragem ratio is less that 0,1 (more than 10 users have 1 Para as average).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Maybe boss stats could based not just on level, but the party damage as well.
    I mean for a twink boss is 3x harder than a poor-player.
    ;-)
    OFC this could be very contraproductive for PVE, but this is a kind of balance.

So all-in-all I was jocking...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Not sure this was answered or not, but lets say I have 1000 essence saved up, will they goto waste or be usable in crafting jewels?