Thread: Difficulty of Elites

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    The planar tombs were designed to give end-gamers a reason to strive to obtain good gear. They are NOT made for newly capped players in crate gear.

After all, why should someone who has been playing a week be able to do all the same things that someone who has worked their butt off for 2 years can? There are elite maps in all difficulty levels from super easy to Planar Tombs. Start at the beginning and work up. Yes, I know it's challenging to earn money at this point in time, but it isn't impossible. You don't need arcane to run arena - it can be done without excess difficulty wearing icescale gear and using a pet like Blinky.

I don't find the planar tombs profitable in any case, since nobody is going to spend a pile to get imbued this close to the end of a level cap. Yes, the maps will be scaled up when we go to 46, so using crappy gear now isn't going to help you out. You want the best you can afford, since the start of season (with the exception of last expansion with the itemization disaster) is traditionally the best time to race to elites and get the new items to sell for profit.

By the way, if you're willing to work hard, there's no reason to be poor. Even I manage to earn my keep, and I have possibly the worst luck documented in the community.
    "2 years to work their butts off? " more like popped locks for a week
    other than the imbued set, everything is lock obtainable and hence you see people with even maxed out gear complaining about map difficulty :/
    Tombs are 'easily' doable with myth weapon and pinks and 'manageable' with all pinks as long as the player is experienced.
    AL has become more plat-dependent than skill-dependent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    "2 years to work their butts off? " more like popped locks for a week
    A lot of people in this game earned gold for their gear over a long period of time by farming, gemming and selling gear, and earning money in events. I object to the assumption that everyone who is geared got there by popping crates. It's just not true.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    A lot of people in this game earned gold for their gear over a long period of time by farming, gemming and selling gear, and earning money in events. I object to the assumption that everyone who is geared got there by popping crates. It's just not true.
    I didn't mean everyone. But a lot of those hardworkers from earlier seasons have quit and while there are people who earned it with good sense of merching and hoarding ; the majority are lock-poppers.
    When i see a guy with a bonesaw who doesnt know how the proximity circle works and stands on top of me while i try to run from him, i cant bring myself to believe that is from hardwork. Im sure if you've run PUGs, you might have come accross people in tombs with orange and reds who seem like they are running it for the first time

4. The Following User Says Thank You to merch_master For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    I didn't mean everyone. But a lot of those hardworkers from earlier seasons have quit and while there are people who earned it with good sense of merching and hoarding ; the majority are lock-poppers.
    When i see a guy with a bonesaw who doesnt know how the proximity circle works and stands on top of me while i try to run from him, i cant bring myself to believe that is from hardwork. Im sure if you've run PUGs, you might have come accross people in tombs with orange and reds who seem like they are running it for the first time
    That is why my guild has a pve kill requirement for entry. To filter out nubs wearing red.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I can totally agree with Merch_Master's post. I have run t3 with a fully decked out mage(had arcane ring planar recipe AND SNS!!!), and he did not know that he was supposed to kill the vines on boss. Also, he didn't even know the proper pulls in the map, and just cost me and the rest of my team more ankhs. During the boss fight there were like 4-6 vines protecting the boss, and he was like "kill boss not vines". That mage did not work at all of any of his gears, and it's not difficult to tell.