Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difficulty of Elites

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Difficulty of Elites

For those of you who are complaining about how hard the planar tombs are or any other elites as an average end-gamer, you are at the right place. I know myself as a capped mage, how hard the planar tombs are. It is very difficult without a proper party with good parkers, pullers, and so on. I've come up with a solution for this. Since the new expansion is coming, why not just wait? The level cap will go higher and all you need to do is level up to level 46 and get average gear for the level and the tombs will be much easier unless STS make the tombs harder. I'm sure the prices for Breeze Egg, Planar chests and so on won't go down too much. So if you are having bad luck with looting stuff, just be patient for a while until the new expansion comes. For those who are poor and is willing to do hard work, there is hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

planar tombs are the only elite maps i ever did on my warrior n rogue and i find it not so hard....its ok for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think they will scale up the elite difficulty lvl in at least Shuyal/tindirin/tombs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Yes they will go down for a few simple reasons.
    Planar chests are used mainly for dark crystal for imbued set which is the best current gear set ingame. Come lvl 46; they will be useless. Why would someone spend millions on gear scaled five lvls down when better stuff is available? ( useless to try for shade with its rare drop percentage and the pet crates)
    While breeze egg itself wont be affected; the number of people running and gaining it will increase significantly; bringing the cost down by a huge margin
    The whole reason for the expensiveness of these loots is because only the top geared can farm there and hence the demand/supply ratio is favourable unlike when even the average toons can farm them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iinorex View Post
    planar tombs are the only elite maps i ever did on my warrior n rogue and i find it not so hard....its ok for me
    Try it on mage with legend gear. you'll now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

It will be scaled up.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan View Post
    Try it on mage with legend gear. you'll now
    Well, I got a bit bored with my op rogue, so I decided to switch to mage for a while. It's a full legendary toon and I have to say I don't even get invited to random parties. I stayed for a while in Tombs lobby today, at times being the only mage there, and not a single party invite.

Anyway, I did some runs with guildies and friends (the only people who would run with me, which is exactly what I was talking about in another thread, where people were explaining how a legendary toon has no problem farming this or that). They said I did fine, although this might be because they are my friends lol. I died much more than on my rogue. And the vines in T3... well, it's hard to deal with them in legendary gear, especially when a 3rd one spawns.

What I want to say is that this game has really become totally unfriendly to lower geared players of all classes, but that's especially true for some classes like mage. It doesn't really matter how skilled you are, people look at your stats and say "meh nub". Actually, they don't even bother with all stats, just damage. It's become all about damage in this game. Mob control lol...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    Well, I got a bit bored with my op rogue, so I decided to switch to mage for a while. It's a full legendary toon and I have to say I don't even get invited to random parties. I stayed for a while in Tombs lobby today, at times being the only mage there, and not a single party invite.

Anyway, I did some runs with guildies and friends (the only people who would run with me, which is exactly what I was talking about in another thread, where people were explaining how a legendary toon has no problem farming this or that). They said I did fine, although this might be because they are my friends lol. I died much more than on my rogue. And the vines in T3... well, it's hard to deal with them in legendary gear, especially when a 3rd one spawns.

What I want to say is that this game has really become totally unfriendly to lower geared players of all classes, but that's especially true for some classes like mage. It doesn't really matter how skilled you are, people look at your stats and say "meh nub". Actually, they don't even bother with all stats, just damage. It's become all about damage in this game. Mob control lol...
    LOL....... I can imagine lil' tata mage left for cold outside T3.

Actually when we ran it was legit and you pwned those vines in your pinks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The planar tombs were designed to give end-gamers a reason to strive to obtain good gear. They are NOT made for newly capped players in crate gear.

After all, why should someone who has been playing a week be able to do all the same things that someone who has worked their butt off for 2 years can? There are elite maps in all difficulty levels from super easy to Planar Tombs. Start at the beginning and work up. Yes, I know it's challenging to earn money at this point in time, but it isn't impossible. You don't need arcane to run arena - it can be done without excess difficulty wearing icescale gear and using a pet like Blinky.

I don't find the planar tombs profitable in any case, since nobody is going to spend a pile to get imbued this close to the end of a level cap. Yes, the maps will be scaled up when we go to 46, so using crappy gear now isn't going to help you out. You want the best you can afford, since the start of season (with the exception of last expansion with the itemization disaster) is traditionally the best time to race to elites and get the new items to sell for profit.

By the way, if you're willing to work hard, there's no reason to be poor. Even I manage to earn my keep, and I have possibly the worst luck documented in the community.
    Last edited by Serancha; 05-05-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    LOL....... I can imagine lil' tata mage left for cold outside T3.

Actually when we ran it was legit and you pwned those vines in your pinks!
    Lol wasn't so funny for me )

To Serancha: Try making a new toon, full legendary, preferably not a rogue. Don't tell people you are Serancha, hang for a while in Tombs lobby and come tell us how many invites you got and how many runs you did.

And btw, I'm using icescale brut set, eerie brut amulet, frostbitten brut ring and an expe brut gun + Blinky. That's not exactly your standard "crate gear". My stats are actually way above the minimum recruiting requirements for both our guilds. Yet, not a single party invite. That's a fact. Everything else is fairy tales and wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Tatman; 05-05-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    The planar tombs were designed to give end-gamers a reason to strive to obtain good gear. They are NOT made for newly capped players in crate gear.

After all, why should someone who has been playing a week be able to do all the same things that someone who has worked their butt off for 2 years can? There are elite maps in all difficulty levels from super easy to Planar Tombs. Start at the beginning and work up. Yes, I know it's challenging to earn money at this point in time, but it isn't impossible. You don't need arcane to run arena - it can be done without excess difficulty wearing icescale gear and using a pet like Blinky.

I don't find the planar tombs profitable in any case, since nobody is going to spend a pile to get imbued this close to the end of a level cap. Yes, the maps will be scaled up when we go to 46, so using crappy gear now isn't going to help you out. You want the best you can afford, since the start of season (with the exception of last expansion with the itemization disaster) is traditionally the best time to race to elites and get the new items to sell for profit.

By the way, if you're willing to work hard, there's no reason to be poor. Even I manage to earn my keep, and I have possibly the worst luck documented in the community.
    "2 years to work their butts off? " more like popped locks for a week
    other than the imbued set, everything is lock obtainable and hence you see people with even maxed out gear complaining about map difficulty :/
    Tombs are 'easily' doable with myth weapon and pinks and 'manageable' with all pinks as long as the player is experienced.
    AL has become more plat-dependent than skill-dependent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

It's not just lower geared players, I walk into tombs with a decked out mage in full grand mythic gear and an arcane pet and my mage still sits outside waiting for parties.

Meanwhile, the moment my rogue even logs on or walks into tombs I get more invites than I can count and/or I barely have to wait all.

The endgame content is just not very mage or warrior friendly.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

You need to be op or have friends for invites ))

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I used to run elites in a coffee line up. Nowadays it takes anywhere from 10-20min depending in party and it's just getting too long as a mobile game. I only farm when I'm at home with lots of time. But yes, currently market is dead. I'm struggling to sell even low level items to new players and they all start off with 1k lol
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    It's not just lower geared players, I walk into tombs with a decked out mage in full grand mythic gear and an arcane pet and my mage still sits outside waiting for parties.

Meanwhile, the moment my rogue even logs on or walks into tombs I get more invites than I can count and/or I barely have to wait all.

The endgame content is just not very mage or warrior friendly.
    That's why i suggest the idea of limiting the amount of Revived/ Ankh being use in Elite maps to 1-2 a run. (Posted in another topic) Then you will see if they need war or mages in the near future.

The reason why everyone preferred rogs more than the other class is because of their damage and with the eased of how you can revived every time you die, the mentality is, who cares about the other class. Theres no skill involved when you can revived every time you die.

At the rate this game is heading, al ot of people will quit because the replayed value of the game gets boring fairly quick. But if STS can make the players have a way to consistently farm items that are semi hard attainable, then the game will last. If they make it too easy like the way it is now with revived / ankh is being use up like water. It makes the value of the loot item worthless fairly quick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    "2 years to work their butts off? " more like popped locks for a week
    A lot of people in this game earned gold for their gear over a long period of time by farming, gemming and selling gear, and earning money in events. I object to the assumption that everyone who is geared got there by popping crates. It's just not true.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

1) we don t know yet, if imbueds will scale to lvl 46 or not. if stg has learned from the failed staggered itemization approach they will go for diversity in the loot table and keep all regions worth farming.

2) shoot me but: you got to be a good party to get a good party. the only thing, random player in the lobby can see from you are your stats, not your skill or experience with the map. pve guilds are the solution where your mates learn to value your capabilities.

3) actually the chances to gamble with tomb chests were a lot better then the chances to make gold with lockeds. problem was, you needed gold first.
    at the same time, the buy tomb chest for frags mechanism provided exactly what all people are asking for: a way to work up without luck involved. i don t see why stg would let that die.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post

I had a problem finding a party in my own guild to get my mage with better gear than before I said my rogue's name lol (I really play my mage extremely rarely and almost no one knows it is me). I also tried standing in front of t3 with him to see how fast and if I will get any pt and got one after 30-ish minutes.

When I started running planar tombs back in the day during winter event (with scaling in t2 and when chests were 800 k) I had only myth set and myth ring with para on my rogue. Even like that and being a rogue it took me a loooong time to find a pt. Sometimes I literally gave up after 30-40 minutes of asking for one and logged off.

It is not the class. In most cases it is not even our stats. If you have no myth weapon you simply have a problem finding a pt for tombs and is it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The reason why the OP has stated this "easy way out" method is due to the lack of ways to earn gold at this point of time in game. Farming atm is rather obsolete, with luck being a predominant factor to riches and thus, many are running at a great cost.

I'm very much against new people who attempt to be competitive with buff/nerfs, instead of obtaining better gear by farming/saving. However, the game does not currently offer any decent opportunities, nor a variety of ways, for people to earn money effectively. A lot of damage has been done to the farming community, hence its reasonable for people to seek for all kinds of various methods/exploits to gain profit at this time of depression.

So, its up to STG to restore farming to its rightful place by releasing more interesting/worthy content that people are willing have fun and gain wealth at the same time, instead of turning it into a difficult grind that results in a huge loss.

What's the point of farming when its gear-dependant, luck-dependant and unprofitable?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeffgeomon For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffgeomon View Post
    The reason why the OP has stated this "easy way out" method is due to the lack of ways to earn gold at this point of time in game. Farming atm is rather obsolete, with luck being a predominant factor to riches and thus, many are running at a great cost.

I'm very much against new people who attempt to be competitive with buff/nerfs, instead of obtaining better gear by farming/saving. However, the game does not currently offer any decent opportunities, nor a variety of ways, for people to earn money effectively. A lot of damage has been done to the farming community, hence its reasonable for people to seek for all kinds of various methods/exploits to gain profit at this time of depression.

So, its up to STG to restore farming to its rightful place by releasing more interesting/worthy content that people are willing have fun and gain wealth at the same time, instead of turning it into a difficult grind that results in a huge loss.

What's the point of farming when its gear-dependant, luck-dependant and unprofitable?
    Okay peeps we all know that the tombs are meant to be difficult and that you are supposed to have certain gear "per se". I can run the tombs in legendary gear but, that's not the point the point is that you have a select few people who try the tombs and don't have a clue of proper pulls, parking, killzones, etc and then complain about it. And I think one of the biggest problem here is the fact that the arena and tombs are the only places that's profitable albeit if your lucky. I mean honestly the gold wasted on ankhs and pots versus what's in the arena crate for example isn't worth the payoff. And heaven forbids in the tombs you run pug or with your guildies or friends and you get 2 fragments for your and a pet whose price is declining because of the simple fact that everyone who can farm the tombs have farmed sufficiently. I think that if STS gives us more things to farm things will straighten out some but, until then things will be at a stand still.
    Last edited by regizakirs.rs; 05-05-2015 at 07:57 PM.