Thanked in
    20 Posts

You forgot that maps scale to player level
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

I agree that friends and experience have become more important when it comes to finding party for elite runs, even more so than guild affiliations sometimes, since I'm sure a lot of end game-exclusive guilds are seeing a lot of inactivity while waiting for expansion. And unfortunately, the fact that (relatively) high-yield elite farming is now limited to the two maps where your chance of getting a party is determined by who your friends are, what guild you belong to and what gear/pet you use, isn't helping either.

Yes, there are easy elite maps where new endgamers can farm, but these aren't places where you can prove yourself an able elite runner, where you can impress some random players with your skills, knowledge and cool-headedness. Some of the warriors and mages who invite me to Arena runs now are those I met while PUGing elite Tindirin back when it was decently profitable and quite a number of people were running it. With elite Tindirin loot losing values, these avid, experienced runners who are always looking for capable partners, have shifted to Planar maps, if they're still active at all. The new endgamers looking for serious elite farming parties then have to prove themselves on the hardest elite maps without going through the whole process of learning on other difficult elites.

I have heard people saying Planar Tombs mobs are much too hard for legendary players. But I'm somehow sure that if these players have made their way through elite Shuyal they will have different perspectives of these same mobs and not be easily overwhelmed. But who run elite Shuyal these days unless they have friends/guild support?

This is why IMO an overhaul of loot table should be done not only on the hardest elite maps for the most experienced, geared, networked players, but also on other medium-difficulty elite maps. Putting valuable farmable items on elite Kraken, Nordr, Shuyal and Tindirin will, I think, give starting elite farmers more opportunity to build their skills, resources and friends network.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 05-05-2015 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

These day all the thing is about gears and pets,that's how most ppl judge how good are u.

Back on time when elite tindrin was the hardest map on arlor,there's no problem like this. Most people have no problem run with legendary gear mage (magma set + exp gun/magma totem) or warrior (magma set + magma claymore/conquer wall). I really miss that time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    A lot of people in this game earned gold for their gear over a long period of time by farming, gemming and selling gear, and earning money in events. I object to the assumption that everyone who is geared got there by popping crates. It's just not true.
    I didn't mean everyone. But a lot of those hardworkers from earlier seasons have quit and while there are people who earned it with good sense of merching and hoarding ; the majority are lock-poppers.
    When i see a guy with a bonesaw who doesnt know how the proximity circle works and stands on top of me while i try to run from him, i cant bring myself to believe that is from hardwork. Im sure if you've run PUGs, you might have come accross people in tombs with orange and reds who seem like they are running it for the first time

5. The Following User Says Thank You to merch_master For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I agree with everything that is said here. So with all that said sts should implement farming similar to pocket legends,it would really be nice n a game changer in PvP because its so hard to buy those mythic items,unless u can merch and play for over 2-3 year which is ridiciolous just to buy a mythic item. I mean iv been playing for 2 months and I got only 400k -_-.I'm getting bored with my legendary gear n horse crap pet. But no matter sts will come up with something I hope.
    Last edited by Hexiozu; 05-05-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    I didn't mean everyone. But a lot of those hardworkers from earlier seasons have quit and while there are people who earned it with good sense of merching and hoarding ; the majority are lock-poppers.
    When i see a guy with a bonesaw who doesnt know how the proximity circle works and stands on top of me while i try to run from him, i cant bring myself to believe that is from hardwork. Im sure if you've run PUGs, you might have come accross people in tombs with orange and reds who seem like they are running it for the first time
    That is why my guild has a pve kill requirement for entry. To filter out nubs wearing red.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iinorex View Post
    planar tombs are the only elite maps i ever did on my warrior n rogue and i find it not so hard....its ok for me
    Yeah you might not die a lot and do fine but it will take you ages to finish the map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I can totally agree with Merch_Master's post. I have run t3 with a fully decked out mage(had arcane ring planar recipe AND SNS!!!), and he did not know that he was supposed to kill the vines on boss. Also, he didn't even know the proper pulls in the map, and just cost me and the rest of my team more ankhs. During the boss fight there were like 4-6 vines protecting the boss, and he was like "kill boss not vines". That mage did not work at all of any of his gears, and it's not difficult to tell.