Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something that troubles me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Yes like Wazakesy stated this was Ravagerx average of recipes. Much of the luck is actually plat based, while a slight bit is non-plat based. For example, many players who have spent thousands and thousands of $$$ have better "luck" than those who spent none. There's then players like Kalizzaa who have done 1k+ runs and have looted only epics, because they dont spent a ton on the game. As for non-plat based luck, there's a player who looted fossil from doing plat offers, and another who looted shard by buying $100 worth of plats. The luck percentages for people in the game are different. The more money you spend, the more your luck rises.

This is completely obsurd. I personally have spent thousands of dollars on this game and still have yet to loot a single recipe. Given: I havent spent nearly what Ravager has, however where do you draw the line?
    When the planar pendant was released i spent all of my time in arena running hundreds of times, eventually i gave up trying. Now I'm back to running arena for fun and to help friends and I get exactly what I ran for each time (a good time with friends).

And as to devs listening to players I feel it has a large majority to do with good ideas from experienced seasoned players. Also the majority of the community being in agreeance plays a large part (assuming what we ask for is a reasonable demand*).

And please understand that it isn't only the rich who comment on forums. Very few of my guild is "rich" and we remain extremely active on the forums.

*Keep in mind that STS is a business
    Last edited by eelectriccure; 05-06-2015 at 10:18 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eelectriccure For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I tend to believe that looting rare items like recipes or uber rare ones like fossils isn't technically "luck". More along the lines that there is a fixed number of items that drop per day/week, probably even at certain times of the day. For example, I looted my recipe very late at night my local time, which is evening in America. Most, if not all, recipe drops I've seen, were looted during the same period of the day.

Pure speculation though.

As for catering to the rich - well, yeah, this is obvious. It's understandable in a real life business, but I'm pretty sure it's not ok in an mmo game. Cause, you know, the first "m" in mmo stands for "massively". I don't think it's healthy for a gaming company to ignore the masses.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    There is a major reason why devs reply to threads of these people.
    Most of the "rich" people are very influential in both games and forums; almost small-time game celeberities if i may say so.
    Hence, their posts are seen/commented on by majority of the forumers. If devs reply to such threads; they reach out to almost the whole forum community.
    Think for yourself, would you give this reply more attention if it had been from say Zeus rather than the nub merchmaster
    If it's a good post or comment to a post. I'll read it regardless of who wrote it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    It was ravager's total runs. every 250 runs he recieved 1 recipe. Idk, but this was somewhere in a thread. Not sure, but yes it was in some thread...hmm...

He's done at least 2.9k+ runs now (just guessing)?
    5 of them were looted the week that the drop rate for recipe was high. The rest...well, I happen to believe he keeps a magic horseshoe shoved somewhere on his person. (I'll not bother to specify where...).

This is where these bogus assumptions come into play, that the OP is referring to. Having played beside Ravagerx daily for over 2 years, I know for a fact that he does play a lot, and does not spend large amounts of money on platinum (not that it's anybody's beeswax), so anyone saying that he got recipes because he's a heavy plat spender is barking up the wrong tree.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Yeah y'all I think StS has gone through leaps and bounds to put more in the game for the F2P players. Let me list the ones off the top of my head:

1. Ankh- now everyone can rev not just plat players. That before was a HUGE disparity between the plat and non-plat player

2. Energy crafting- for a lot of hard work and effort everyone can farm and craft energy to their heart's content to make energy and run events... for FREE

3. Free events- Valentines, Easter, Hauntlet. Completely F2P, we made gold off them, and they are FUN!

4. Ankh at our allies- hey visit your allies and get free ankh!

5. Crafting of Nekro- OK this one is double edge sword, but hey you CAN get a RED PET for FREE if you happen to have the luck of God. Never had that here before, right?

6. Imbued armor- also free if you have super good luck

I am a plat player and I think the total opposite from the OP. I think that StS is doing LESS for us people who do pay to play, and I find myself purchasing less plat because there isn't anything to spend it on. I was disappointed by the insertion of the pet crates and felt it was a total ploy for us to spend money on basically junk. Also, the value of the items inside of locked are so low it's not even worth it anymore to pop locked. They crashed the market with double odds followed by 8 plat per crate. Now everyone and their mother has arcane items and really they aren't arcane rarity.

The people who are playing for free have gotten a lot of great additions in Arcane Legends as of late, however the community as a whole is suffering because there is simply nothing left to farm for or spend money on.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Yeah y'all I think StS has gone through leaps and bounds to put more in the game for the F2P players. Let me list the ones off the top of my head:

1. Ankh- now everyone can rev not just plat players. That before was a HUGE disparity between the plat and non-plat player

2. Energy crafting- for a lot of hard work and effort everyone can farm and craft energy to their heart's content to make energy and run events... for FREE

3. Free events- Valentines, Easter, Hauntlet. Completely F2P, we made gold off them, and they are FUN!

5. Crafting of Nekro- OK this one is double edge sword, but hey you CAN get a RED PET for FREE if you happen to have the luck of God. Never had that here before, right?

I am a plat player and I think the total opposite from the OP. I think that StS is doing LESS for us people who do pay to play, and I find myself purchasing less plat because there isn't anything to spend it on. I was disappointed by the insertion of the pet crates and felt it was a total ploy for us to spend money on basically junk. Also, the value of the items inside of locked are so low it's not even worth it anymore to pop locked. They crashed the market with double odds followed by 8 plat per crate. Now everyone and their mother has arcane items and really they aren't arcane rarity.

The people who are playing for free have gotten a lot of great additions in Arcane Legends as of late, however the community as a whole is suffering because there is simply nothing left to farm for or spend money on.
    I definitely agree with you on this here. STS has gone through leaps and bounds for non plat players. I respect the fact that you feel completely opposite to what I've been reading in some threads about STS catering to the plat spenders. I just think it's kinda silly that some people actually believe this. But hey it's there belief and they are entitled to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post

I do agree that sts has given many more options to f2p players, as well as more help. However, with all due respect, sts broke their own economy with the 8 plat locks, 40% plat sale, and then immediately pet crates, which were the worst. Shadowlurk, one of the only pets worth farming for, has now become worth squat. Also, the pet crates more did help plat players than f2p, as well as 40% off plat, 8 plat crates. As someone else stated in a different thread, plat was originally meant to get people ahead in the game, not allow them to skip all the work together. Also, as Tata has stated, sts has been ignoring the masses for quite a while.
    However, there IS a way to fix this. And its to add a way to make actual money like in pl, where there was Alien Oasis: Plasma Pyramid or something like that. At least there people knew what they were running for(2-4k per run). If I knew that I would be guaranteed around 3k per run, I wouldn't mind running the map around 3k times or so for 10mil. This however is just an example. The numbers should be scaled accordingly, of course. IMO, plasma pyramid was one of the greatest things about pl. It actually required hard work instead of pure luck to make gold there.
    Last edited by Oursizes; 05-06-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

STS has done A LOT for the non-plat player. As Candy said, Ankh, Elixir Kits, Energy farming, etc., have all helped non-plat players quite a bit and has enabled more players to be competitive.

On the flip-side however, ankh and elixir kits have also brought about a greater increase in one-hit bosses and mobs. Generally, I've always welcomed a challenge, but with mobs one-hitting well geared players without warning (wolves, scorns and others), it feels like ankh have created an atmosphere where it's not only OK to die, but expected. How many times have I seen people say that in order to run Planar Tombs or Arena you need to have ankh? Ankh have been a great tool to get more players into running elites; but the increase in one-hits just feels too artificial to discount. Net result? Small positive for the game because now it's all-too-common to get one hit, and to be honest, I think most players are expecting the expansion to make one-hits more likely than they were in Planar Tombs.

I've long had an issue with the drop system/luck. Yes, it IS appropriate to have shortcuts for players that allows them to get rich quick or make the grind easier, etc. Whether this is in the form of a rare drop (recipe, fossil, etc.) or Combo Elixirs to make runs faster and easier, I honestly have no issue with it at all. Basically, it is a matter of the value you place on your time. You can run a map in 5 minutes or 12...it's simply a matter if you and your party is willing to shell out some gold to make things go a little faster/easier. It kind of dove-tails into the one-hit argument above, but my biggest issue really is the lack of reward for those that either can't or won't "pay" for the shortcut. In all the games I've played, I can't recall another title where the best items were exclusive to chests that required real money to open. There were always those add-ons and extras that made your game play a little bit easier (many times, they were usually centered around revives or enhancers), but I've never seen equipment available exclusively through this type of money for pixels exchange system.

This type of plat/ankh/elixir/luck system is really the culprit behind the platinum farming epidemic. When you have an environment where game-play isn't enough to advance, you create a situation where there are two options. Throw lots of money into the game, or exploit it (aka plat farming). Now, don't get me wrong, plat farming is probably the main reason why kits and ankh prices have stayed reasonably affordable, since tremendous amounts of in-game currency is being generated all the time, so there are some legitimate benefits to what is happening. However, plat-farming has been SO destructive to the game in terms of wealth concentration, increase in rare pets/gear and devaluation of the economy in general that the small benefit does not offset the damage. At this point in time, there simply is NO WAY to generate sufficient revenue through farming alone to fully equip your toon.

I am not privy to STS's plans for this game, but I suspect that their plan is to increase these platinum draining mechanisms (pet crates, locked crates, elixirs, revives, ankh, etc.). In my opinion, this generates a negative playing atmosphere. I don't mind throwing cash into the game because I want to, but I did have an issue throwing cash at the game because I had to in order to stay competitive.

Back to the OP, I don't think that STS listens to one group of players more than another. I believe that their goal is to build up the game, and suggestions that fit into their long-term vision for the game will be implemented; whether that suggestion comes from the rich or poor, pro or noob is inconsequential, because for STS, this game is a business and will operate as such.

I just chose to leave the game because I found myself enjoying the game less than I used to. I am a humble PvE farmer and it had gotten to the point where the runs were neither profitable nor satisfying anymore. The money I spent on Locked Crates, Elixirs, Pets, Ankh were not improving my gameplay in any way, and the drop/luck system seemed to be a bit too punishing to continue throwing good money after bad. I've enjoyed AL immensely, and appreciate the community around it even more, but it simply stopped being "fun" for me, so whatever my gripes (and there are many), at the end of the day, this is a game and if it stops being entertaining it is time to walk away.

Whether you love or hate STS, this is a business. For those employed at STS, it is their job to strengthen the balance sheet. Suggestions, wherever they may come from will always be evaluated from a ROI perspective. Anything that improves the bottom line will be implemented, anything that does not (even if it sounds like a good idea) will not. One long-winded forum poster has very little influence in the grand scheme of the game.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan2100 View Post
    Most people comment on forum are rich ppl .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm the minority people I guess. Not too poor, but not rich also.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regizakirs.rs View Post
    I've been seeing in quite a few threads that STS only caters to the rich people and they the only ones who have a say so or only there vote only counts. Okay let's look at something here.... Pretty much we know who the majority of the rich people are in game. There isn't enough of them in the total player base to have that type of influence over this game as a whole. I'm not rich by any means of the imagination. Everyone from the poor, middle, rich players give input and the dev's take the time to read and check the pulse of the community as a whole and then decides what they are going to implement. So all I ask is that people stop using baseless accusations towards STS and the "rich" people. I know someone will take offense to this and I'm sorry if I rub some people the wrong way but, I felt it's been needed to be stated for a while.
    STS cater themselves. Nothing wrong with that because they are a company looking to make a reasonable profit for their effort creating this game.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Newcomx For This Useful Post: