Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something that troubles me

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default Something that troubles me

I've been seeing in quite a few threads that STS only caters to the rich people and they the only ones who have a say so or only there vote only counts. Okay let's look at something here.... Pretty much we know who the majority of the rich people are in game. There isn't enough of them in the total player base to have that type of influence over this game as a whole. I'm not rich by any means of the imagination. Everyone from the poor, middle, rich players give input and the dev's take the time to read and check the pulse of the community as a whole and then decides what they are going to implement. So all I ask is that people stop using baseless accusations towards STS and the "rich" people. I know someone will take offense to this and I'm sorry if I rub some people the wrong way but, I felt it's been needed to be stated for a while.
    Last edited by regizakirs.rs; 05-05-2015 at 08:16 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to regizakirs.rs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

For the most part, sts DOES cater to the rich for the majority of content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    For the most part, sts DOES cater to the rich for the majority of content.
    Most people comment on forum are rich ppl .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan2100 View Post
    Well...I'm broke in both game and RL so..yeah..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan2100 View Post

So am I rich? Lol
    Well,quite Not catering,we all have same luck in-game.For example I bought lots of plats and opened locks that's what actually brought my richness.The key to being rich is patience and work or the easier key buying plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

there are many rich players in game but sts dont listem to them why? because they are new and got rich with plat....many rich players we know in forum are playing this game for a long time...they have much knowledge about this game...they are also respected players and are the GM of some big guilds or old officers....so they represent many players....there is a insider forum section i think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

There is a major reason why devs reply to threads of these people.
    Most of the "rich" people are very influential in both games and forums; almost small-time game celeberities if i may say so.
    Hence, their posts are seen/commented on by majority of the forumers. If devs reply to such threads; they reach out to almost the whole forum community.
    Think for yourself, would you give this reply more attention if it had been from say Zeus rather than the nub merchmaster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

To get rich in the game, with a few exceptions for those who are super lucky you either have to play a lot or spend a lot of real money. So yes, they tend to cater towards those who are keeping them in business, whether they are players who put in lots of time in game or those who spend lots of real money. I think you will find any other business would conduct itself the same way.

Ask your local restaurant that you visit once a month to make a change on the menu and see what they say? Now ask the one you visit 5 times a week to make the same change and you will most likely get a better response.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I respect most of you guys and gals opinion of catering to the rich. But I still say that it's not a big enough base to have so much of a influence until it actually affects game play. I may be wrong but, hey I'm only one person who has decided to say something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

devs listen to the feedback to thiings from old players and most of the old players are also rich....there any many players who spent 1month in game and have necro and all but they dont have experience like the old gamers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

People only complain if something benefits someone else, but hesitate when it also benefits themselves. There is always a selfish jealousy and disdain accomplishment behind every complaint against rich people when the person considers themselves poorer. Even when there is rhyme with the reason, there is always a personally emotional factor that instigates the actual complaint. I'm not a rich player at all, and I honestly don't care about virtual wealth, but there is a lot of unneeded negative feedback given to STS and the top 1% of the wealthy. There is so much bias and drama that comes from it.

As for the theory that STS only caters to their high-paying customers, give it up. Usually the only people giving direct feedback are those high-paying customers who knows the jist of how to relate to STS. It is not hard to communicate your opinions like it is in other gaming communities. If more players knew about these forums, and relayed their feedback and opinions accordingly as a whole, then there would be a lot less trial and error when trying to get your point across. STS' s main goal as a conglomerate game producer is to deliver content to suit nearly everyone, so they can gain more newly paying customers to thicken that wire of their profit. A wire with a single strand of copper isn't going to be as strong as one with tens of hundreds of strands.

I will draw the line between rational and irrationality when the rich are at a distinctly unfair advantage, which is dominant in the PvP aspect of the game. Most of the top gear are currently unavailable to the newer players. Things like these paracelsus gems and the notorious SnS, which were given as a reward in certain events which of course are long gone. The advantage they give to their owners are tremendously widening the gap between them and the average rich player. When something like this is apparent, it justifies the concern that STS isnt paying as much attention to those that aren't 100% invested into the company. Without these items, the game would undoubtedly be fair and the argument for new players to actually work to get to the top would be justified. But it's currently lacking, and I sincerely hope STS is aware of the magnitude this has on establishing a player base for their games. No one plays to be second fiddle.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I have a question.......

How can one guy loot 11 recipes! That is not general luck, it is plat based luck.

The odds of looting ONE recipe is very very very low, but for one guy who spends a fortune in game and loots 11 is very suspicious.

Do the maths and you'll find out that odds of looting 11 recipes based purely on luck is probably in the millions if not billions. Looting 11 recipes is just next to impossible but it's been done, I'm of the thinking that if you spend a vast fortune in game, your luck percentage rises.

In other words it's not pure luck but luck percentage given when creating your toon and further enhanced by spending Worldly amounts of real money.

Example, I had no trouble whatsoever supergemming anything belonging to my tank, I've spent a lot on this toon and I also looted a mythic pendant recipe by doing only a few runs. I've supergemmed mythic pendant, armour within days. I tried supergemming on my rogue and a month later just had 2 supergems! I gave up and used enchanted eyes.

P.S you also then find out that some other guy who pours tons of cash into game has looted another shard or two!!!!

Is this PURE luck based ?
    Last edited by Terminhater; 05-06-2015 at 04:58 AM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminhater View Post
    I have a question.......

How can one guy loot 11 recipes! That is not general luck, it is plat based luck.

The odds of looting ONE recipe is very very very low, but for one guy who spends a fortune in game and loots 11 is very suspicious.

Do the maths and you'll find out that odds of looting 11 recipes based purely on luck is probably in the millions if not billions. Looting 11 recipes is just next to impossible but it's been done, I'm of the thinking that if you spend a vast fortune in game, your luck percentage rises.

In other words it's not pure luck but luck percentage given when creating your toon and further enhanced by spending Worldly amounts of real money.

Example, I had no trouble whatsoever supergemming anything belonging to my tank, I've spent a lot on this toon and I also looted a mythic pendant recipe by doing only a few runs. I've supergemmed mythic pendant, armour within days. I tried supergemming on my rogue and a month later just had 2 supergems! I gave up and used enchanted eyes.

P.S you also then find out that some other guy who pours tons of cash into game has looted another shard or two!!!!

Is this PURE luck based ?
    It was ravager's total runs. every 250 runs he recieved 1 recipe. Idk, but this was somewhere in a thread. Not sure, but yes it was in some thread...hmm...

He's done at least 2.9k+ runs now (just guessing)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Luck is Luck. I can have a 50% chance of getting heads on a coin toss and toss that coin 1000 times in a row and NOT get heads. It's really just that simple.

I understand that as a risk of opening locks, and I deal with it. I would LOVE for them to have a different system in place for getting better items, but hey, it is what it is.
    I still think I'm getting a decent amount of entertainment from the game, so I'm still playing. Bottom line, if anyone is unhappy with the game, the door is right there... really. No one is forcing anyone to play.

PS I seriously doubt it is realistic to think that the devs to go around putting in code to help certain players, its just not feasible. This is a real company with some checks and balances, not some college kid in a dorm room somewhere.

BTW Good thread, everyone is keeping things calm and rational, good to see that in a thread like this, 8^).
    Last edited by PhoenixPrime; 05-06-2015 at 07:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Yes like Wazakesy stated this was Ravagerx average of recipes. Much of the luck is actually plat based, while a slight bit is non-plat based. For example, many players who have spent thousands and thousands of $$$ have better "luck" than those who spent none. There's then players like Kalizzaa who have done 1k+ runs and have looted only epics, because they dont spent a ton on the game. As for non-plat based luck, there's a player who looted fossil from doing plat offers, and another who looted shard by buying $100 worth of plats. The luck percentages for people in the game are different. The more money you spend, the more your luck rises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPrime View Post
    Luck is Luck. I can have a 50% chance of getting heads on a coin toss and toss that coin 1000 times in a row and NOT get heads. It's really just that simple.

I understand that as a risk of opening locks, and I deal with it. I would LOVE for them to have a different system in place for getting better items, but hey, it is what it is.
    I still think I'm getting a decent amount of entertainment from the game, so I'm still playing. Bottom line, if anyone is unhappy with the game, the door is right there... really. No one is forcing anyone to play.

PS I seriously doubt it is realistic to think that the devs to go around putting in code to help certain players, its just not feasible. This is a real company with some checks and balances, not some college kid in a dorm room somewhere.

BTW Good thread, everyone is keeping things calm and rational, good to see that in a thread like this, 8^).
    But then remember that STS "reserves" the right to change "anything in the game", and anything in the game is subject to change, including luck. If you have a 50% chance of getting heads on a coin toss and toss it 1000x, within those 1000x you will get heads at least once. The reason that STS more than likely raises plat buyers' luck is so that they buy more and more plats to keep them in business, of course. It's common sense. And any mod or admin that replies saying that they don't change the luck of players more than likely lying to keep the truth from spilling out. Until this whole luck system is changed to a system where you are rewarded based on actually playing the game, there will always be players that believe the theory of STS altering luck % of players.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iinorex View Post
    devs listen to the feedback to thiings from old players and most of the old players are also rich....there any many players who spent 1month in game and have necro and all but they dont have experience like the old gamers
    And these old players either farmed there way there or popped locks. But when you look at the forums for instance. You see a lot of the usual suspects lol. And STS maybe willing to listen to them versus new players for the simple fact they are dedicated and not because they are rich or spend tons of money in game. If they catered to the rich that means that the first time that some random person loots a couple of recipes or shards and gets rich STS now has become friends with them. Really????? Come on now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    But then remember that STS "reserves" the right to change "anything in the game", and anything in the game is subject to change, including luck. If you have a 50% chance of getting heads on a coin toss and toss it 1000x, within those 1000x you will get heads at least once. The reason that STS more than likely raises plat buyers' luck is so that they buy more and more plats to keep them in business, of course. It's common sense. And any mod or admin that replies saying that they don't change the luck of players more than likely lying to keep the truth from spilling out. Until this whole luck system is changed to a system where you are rewarded based on actually playing the game, there will always be players that believe the theory of STS altering luck % of players.
    That is not correct. You can toss a coin 1000x and NEVER get heads, percentages are based on your sample size. So in order for that 50% to be 50% you might need to toss it 1,000,000 times before it finally comes out at a 50% chance. That's just the way it works. I've spent a LOT on this game (not going to put the number out there) to legitimately purchase platinum for crates and I am definitely not walking around in the latest/greatest/best gear.

So yeah, the luck system that is currently in place sucks since there are no other ways of getting the best stuff. HOWEVER, that is how things are now, so players need to deal with it, OR try to be constructive to make changes, OR move on to other game, pretty simple choices, shrug.

Seriously, I think the devs have a lot more to work on than trying to modify code to play favorites. People that think that is the case are taking this game a little bit too seriously.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminhater View Post

Do the maths and you'll find out that odds of looting 11 recipes based purely on luck is probably in the millions if not billions.
    The odds of looting any number of any item will never be higher than 1. Also, to calculate the odds of looting 11 recipes, you need the sample size, that is, number of runs the player in question made, something that you do not have.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I could spend £500 a week on this game and my luck would be no different than spending £70. Sts does not change peoples luck because they spend more cash. No game company works like that

sent from fritters beak

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Holmes For This Useful Post: