Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: This Week in Arcane Legends: 2X Odds on Arena Master Chests & New Vanity Banners

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

STS,
    I appreciate this event. I really do. But I would much rather see events that cause plat based items to crash in price than items that can be earned by hard work, or farming to. Reinforced blood gems are one of the few items with much value left, and after you guys destroyed pet egg farming with pet crates, it gets harder and harder to earn gold without platinum unless you have a large enough supply already to merch.
    Please consider limiting such events to the items that need an increase in drop rates like the arcane fossil and shard.

- King

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    Thanks shinytoy that's a great point. We got a lot of feedback asking for things of value to farm so that's the idea for this event. It's mostly designed around the fossil and ectoplasm.
    If it was designed for those 2 why make it x2 gems as well? Lol
    And I can guarantee that there won't be a fossil looted or maybe there will be one out of the 20,000 arena chests that will be opened during this event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Thanks shinytoy that's a great point. We got a lot of feedback asking for things of value to farm so that's the idea for this event. It's mostly designed around the fossil and ectoplasm.
    Well, 2x 0.00001% is 0.00002% for the fossil which you can see is still incredibly impossible and unstainable as a farmer.

Intead, since we all know that the current 41 mythic amulet is coming to an end with the new 46 mythic sets, perhaps amulet recipedrop rate should have been raised and should one drop, all players would receive it would have been better. This would at the same time, raise the price of dragon bars giving farmers something to do. Most of us spent the 250k to loot essences from arena to never see the amulet come to light and the expansion is almost over. We've literally run the area to the point we're in the poor house without success and it's frustrating! Are these new infused arena chests even sellable in CS?
    Last edited by Kakashis; 05-07-2015 at 05:55 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Greg, Please leave the reinforced gems drop rate, they are perfect. The gems are mainly good for warrior, and a good way of investment-return from the arena. Please, kindly leave them untouched. They are the only way of some poor people doing at least X < 40 runs. One blood gem can fetch a ankh kit too (unless a short time deflation occurs!).

~Xqwz

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Uselesss event for 89% of the games population. Even with 600k invested in gear on my maxed mage, im one hit in arena. Why not give us 5 Ankh bundles that drop only in elite maps with the rarity of locks? Now that would benefit all players. I will have to sit this event out sadly, even though I was so pumped for a new event, I don't feel like being laughed at by people with m ythics and arcane.
    Last edited by kiwotsukete; 05-07-2015 at 06:01 PM. Reason: miss spelled word

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's one great event!
    I'm not really sure about the gems though, another thing is can we have gold farming now?
    Everybody liked gold farming in PL, I honestly find it ridiculous that the main source of gold is only direct purchase via platinum with the level cap being 41...If not, then things like untradeable craftable ankh and elixir kits can be a solution.
    No need for the crafted kits to be on par with the platinum purchased, ankh kits can contain 3 pieces, elixirs function and duration can be halved.
    sry for the long post, thnx.
    Last edited by Vibrancy; 05-07-2015 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

The idea to give endgamers something new to farm via a weekend event was great! Unfortunately it was not implemented in the best way.

Firstly when you said "end-game farming community" I thought you meant all lvl 41 players. Unfortunately arena is not exactly feasible for 90% of the end-game community and with the recent surge in the price of plat around the world even less so now.

Secondly I really really did hope you had actually read all the great feedback in the numerous threads lately. Alas it does not seem so! People asked for something new to farm, something that would give them a chance to make gold. An astronomically low chance to loot arcane fossil (even with double odds) and gems of which the formerly most expensive ones are currently 30 k (on the first event night). The final result it that not only the chance to earn gold now is not really higher, but it will be also lower in the future due to a increased supply of reinforced gems.

Lastly of all the places in the game and after all the talks about class balance you decided to give "the end-game farming community" something to farm in the one place that is ultimately and totally dominated by rogues, because you only fight single bosses! I as a rogue with 680 damage received pms for pt every 20 seconds, while most warriors and mages never got one.

Some warrior friends got so frustrated that they cant find anyone that they quit the game

Please next time take your time and do read players' feedback. Read it all, do not skim through the comments and if you are not sure about something do ask.

Thank you very much for reading this and giving it a thought.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sounds awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hello,

I got excited when I heard about the end-game farmers event. Turns out it's just another "specific class party".

Most lv41 players would call themselves end-game farmers, but actually like 80% of them have very slim chances of finishing the arena. The problem is, when normal players are close to killing a boss in Arena, the boss enrages and basically it is game over - no chance for victory. The other side, or better say, the rogues with good gear, are able to kill all bosses within 4-5 mins, and have a go at the 2x odds chest. Also, most warriors are completely ignored when making parties for Arena, because they're... just... useless? No? Well, yes they are.

No one asks if a war has Mythic Armor, or Arcane Maul, or Ancient Planar Pendant or whatever, a warrior is simply useless.

What is happening here?

Well, the "normal" players and the warriors are left behind. The "pros" and the rogues move forward widening the gap between classes of players. The very rich players getting even richer, and the normal players having less things to farm for. And I'm sure you can guess it, but I'll just repeat: It is ruining the game.

I actually like this game a lot, soon it'll be 1 year since I started playing, but if it continues like this, I'm going to have to quit because I'm a warrior. And many warriors have quit already.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter16 For This Useful Post:

Oroquieta, Oroquieta, Philippines, Philippines
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post
    Stats of gold tier regard pet from goblin event are a little low if we compare whit dovabear, blinky or yowie from previous events
    Yes and this is helpful idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

well ... thx for giving event for few end-game players,many ppl already said that not all end-game players can afford planar arena/tomb,u guys just didn't listen to them. How sad...

At least give us 2 kind of end-game event,one is for all end-game players which is no matter what gears they use,they still can got benefit from this event and the other is for some of end-game players who cappable/can run in hard map.

Appreciate for this event,but it would be nice if u guys show some love for them who can't afford run in hard map (not bcoz their lazy or noob,but bcoz there are nothing to farm for low-mid end game players).
    Last edited by justhell; 05-07-2015 at 09:09 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to justhell For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Someone in my guild has already looted

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Some guy was saying in town he looted recipe after 10 runs today. I pmed him asking how many runs he has done altogether and he said since the arena came out he has only done 50 runs and that was his second recipe the lucky bugger ha. On a side note I've now completed it 3 times but used over 70 ankhs.
    Most used because of that noob ferrix pools and that fact you can't see when the pool has gone, so its luck if you don't die when you use ankh.

sent from fritters beak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This event is realy for rich players,just imagine how many ankhs and pots you'll use just to run arena..and specialy to those who doesnt hav good gears and doesnt use plats..sigh and i thought it was goblin event..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter16 View Post
    Hello,

I got excited when I heard about the end-game farmers event. Turns out it's just another "specific class party".

Most lv41 players would call themselves end-game farmers, but actually like 80% of them have very slim chances of finishing the arena. The problem is, when normal players are close to killing a boss in Arena, the boss enrages and basically it is game over - no chance for victory. The other side, or better say, the rogues with good gear, are able to kill all bosses within 4-5 mins, and have a go at the 2x odds chest. Also, most warriors are completely ignored when making parties for Arena, because they're... just... useless? No? Well, yes they are.

No one asks if a war has Mythic Armor, or Arcane Maul, or Ancient Planar Pendant or whatever, a warrior is simply useless.

What is happening here?

Well, the "normal" players and the warriors are left behind. The "pros" and the rogues move forward widening the gap between classes of players. The very rich players getting even richer, and the normal players having less things to farm for. And I'm sure you can guess it, but I'll just repeat: It is ruining the game.

I actually like this game a lot, soon it'll be 1 year since I started playing, but if it continues like this, I'm going to have to quit because I'm a warrior. And many warriors have quit already.
    Thats sooo true im a warrior myself..and rouges are at the top chain leaving us waayyy below..unless u hav the best gears and that u are rich..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

everyone seems to be holding their breath for the goblin/expansion/ursoth event so I appreciate the effort to bring the game out of its slump. Thx.
    Just wish it didn't deflate all the farming item prices even more.. It's a real hustle to make money in this game as it is.
    Last edited by Soyalla; 05-07-2015 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I get 1 new
    Try again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Tried arena with PUG. 6 runs, 15 ankhs, not even reached last boss)

I wonder that often even "paragon" and "infamous" people with mythics and arcanes don't know how to run arena.

The only way to run arena is having a good proven party. It's suicide to do it with PUG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Ectoplasm worth nothing since long time ago, and as mentioned gems price will fall too. Not even 1 / 1000 who will hunt for fossil will get it. This "event" is just an illusion that can make people busy but can't make people happy.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to rstilzchen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

I have died many times while fighting ferrix. his pools does a lot of damage.
    waking up in a pool is just a wasted ankh.
    why does anankh not give us 1 second immunity ?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to aneshsinghblu For This Useful Post: