Thread: My return to AL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Default My return to AL!

Hello all. I'm returning to AL.

As some of you (but not many) may know, I'm a 16 cap player. I was formerly known as Verzy, and some of my good friends were Ctf, Love (the old one), and Bless! I quit around 21 cap because I didn't really enjoy the game. I was not around STS games for a long while and decided to give AL a chance, so here I am. With my return, I have a few questions to ask! Some may sound silly, but since I haven't been around the game in so long, I'd like it if you answer my questions, even if they are obvious for some. Thanks!

1.) What are gems? How do they work and affect your experience? Do they make a big difference?
    2.) What is the crafting system?
    3.) What is the orange, fiery-type glow I see around a lot of characters?
    4.) How do I make money, because I don't have any? Is there a merch system? Is merching or farming preferred in this game?
    5.) How long will it take to get to 40, playing around an hour a day?
    6.) Any good guilds to join for not "brand new" players, but a guild that accepts the old ones even if they are kind of a low level?
    7.) What are some good pvp levels? (preferably not the boosted to crap ones, like level 6)

Thanks everyone for the help.
    -Bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

1) gems enhance Items woth better stats and do ALOT for pvp and your stats in general, but ignore gems for now, they will be removed with the new cap coming up
    2) crafting is how you make the gems, and during events you can often craft other things. But same thing, they will change it entirely soon i believe, so dont bother until they change it
    3) paracelsus gem, awarded for reaching platinum tier in the halloween event, gives you extra damage.
    4) merching AND farming is dead at the moment, because of alot of events and things, we hope for a change to this in cap.
    5) not very long, It's 41 thats hard.
    6) I'd say that when you cap, come around to enigmatic or eminence, but before that i have Only ever heard good about "trinity knights" "safe haven" and "the stone" idk if they accept lower levels though.
    7) unless you happen to have around 3 Mill on hand, just for gear, i wouldnt pvp in Low levels...
    And that is excluding PET and gems

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ClumsyCactus For This Useful Post:

D-:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D-: View Post
    Hello all. I'm returning to AL.

As some of you (but not many) may know, I'm a 16 cap player. I was formerly known as Verzy, and some of my good friends were Ctf, Love (the old one), and Bless! I quit around 21 cap because I didn't really enjoy the game. I was not around STS games for a long while and decided to give AL a chance, so here I am. With my return, I have a few questions to ask! Some may sound silly, but since I haven't been around the game in so long, I'd like it if you answer my questions, even if they are obvious for some. Thanks!

1.) What are gems? How do they work and affect your experience? Do they make a big difference?
    2.) What is the crafting system?
    3.) What is the orange, fiery-type glow I see around a lot of characters?
    4.) How do I make money, because I don't have any? Is there a merch system? Is merching or farming preferred in this game?
    5.) How long will it take to get to 40, playing around an hour a day?
    6.) Any good guilds to join for not "brand new" players, but a guild that accepts the old ones even if they are kind of a low level?
    7.) What are some good pvp levels? (preferably not the boosted to crap ones, like level 6)

Thanks everyone for the help.
    -Bro
    Come to karma and we will be Happy to help you out.

Click signature for Youtube Channel
    Click This for Tournament History

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

D-:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Try and get to 41 before new cap if you can and money won't come easy in fact it's extremely hard without spending real life money in platinum but we have some events coming up which is a income for 99% of the al community

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

D-:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Come to eminence once u get on endgame we are very active if you juat want to hang around and chat/do casual runs i recommend trying us out <Acceptance> or <Trinity Knights>

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Arachnophobik For This Useful Post:

D-:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    1) gems enhance Items woth better stats and do ALOT for pvp and your stats in general, but ignore gems for now, they will be removed with the new cap coming up
    2) crafting is how you make the gems, and during events you can often craft other things. But same thing, they will change it entirely soon i believe, so dont bother until they change it
    3) paracelsus gem, awarded for reaching platinum tier in the halloween event, gives you extra damage.
    4) merching AND farming is dead at the moment, because of alot of events and things, we hope for a change to this in cap.
    5) not very long, It's 41 thats hard.
    6) I'd say that when you cap, come around to enigmatic or eminence, but before that i have Only ever heard good about "trinity knights" "safe haven" and "the stone" idk if they accept lower levels though.
    7) unless you happen to have around 3 Mill on hand, just for gear, i wouldnt pvp in Low levels...
    And that is excluding PET and gems
    Thank you for the response!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Come to karma and we will be Happy to help you out.
    Alright, please send me a friend request in game. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    Try and get to 41 before new cap if you can and money won't come easy in fact it's extremely hard without spending real life money in platinum but we have some events coming up which is a income for 99% of the al community
    I'd love to get 41 before cap, but I just don't have the time. Got finals to study for, etc etc. Are these events basically limited to endgame characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    Come to eminence once u get on endgame we are very active if you juat want to hang around and chat/do casual runs i recommend trying us out <Acceptance> or <Trinity Knights>
    I will consider that invite.
    I'll be on the lookout for the guilds you mentioned. Thanks!
    Last edited by D-:; 05-10-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D-: View Post
    Thank you for the response!

Alright, please send me a friend request in game. Thanks!

I'd love to get 41 before cap, but I just don't have the time. Got finals to study for, etc etc. Are these events basically limited to endgame characters?

Most events are based for all levels/classes, the particular event we're currently having (Arena Double Odds) is purely end game and favors rogues somewhat too , lol..
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Most events are based for all levels/classes, the particular event we're currently having (Arena Double Odds) is purely end game and favors rogues somewhat too , lol..
    Good thing I'm a rogue heheh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

welcome back