Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drops/reroll

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default drops/reroll

Hey folks;

fairly new to PL and loving every minute of it, I have a question.

I have seen mention the terms when talking about loot, drops and rerolls, are they the same thing? if not what is a reroll?

thanks in advance

P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

a re roll is getting another shot for better loot so if i was to get maybe an orange from goldfever the re roll could give me a green or a pink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmmm, ok how does one reroll? and thanks for the quick reply
    Last edited by Phaiz; 04-07-2011 at 02:18 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
    hmmm, ok how does one reroll? and thanks for the quick reply
    no problems

to re roll you tap the plat store then you go elixers then choose a lucky elixer (costs 1500g) that gives you a chance to re roll or if you have the big luck that works automatically.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks a bunch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

thanks a bunch
    glad to have helped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok, me thinks me is a moron
    I was ina dungeon and wanted to try it out, so i got an orange drop, purchased the elixer
    but didn't notice anything except a small buff like icon under my character stat bars

does the reroll feature work automatically while the "buff" is in effect or are you suppsoed to actually be able to reroll on an item you received

sorry for the dumb questions

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

ok, me thinks me is a moron
    I was ina dungeon and wanted to try it out, so i got an orange drop, purchased the elixer
    but didn't notice anything except a small buff like icon under my character stat bars

does the reroll feature work automatically while the "buff" is in effect or are you suppsoed to actually be able to reroll on an item you received

sorry for the dumb questions

thanks
    A roll is when you have a chance to get a specific item from a fixed loot table.

Hypothetically, you kill a mob with a loot table of 6 items. That roll is like you rolling a dice to determine what item you will get.

A re-roll is giving you the chance to do that dice-roll again, but instead of starting from scratch, it bases off your original roll. Let's say you originally rolled a green (uncommon) item, your re-roll has a chance to improve that item to a purple (epic) or a pink (legendary) item.

The re-roll only works when you have the luck buff BEFORE you get the item.

You will notice when you have the luck buff on, you will have different stuff in your chatbox saying :

"Feeling lucky.. " (almost a re-roll)
    "You ARE LUCKY.. " (successful re-roll)

I hope I'm correct, because that's how I've understood it so far. Hopefully someone like Physiologic can explain it simpler and with more detail, but I hope you get the picture

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    a re roll is getting another shot for better loot so if i was to get maybe an orange from goldfever the re roll could give me a green or a pink.
    Actually, re-rolls don't guarantee you better loot, they just give you a slightly better chance of getting better loot. You see, a re roll basically gives you another chance at loot. So you kill a let's say, trash heap, and your original loot was a drainers auto bow, then let's say you got lucky and got to reroll for a chance at better loot, it's the same thing as killing another boss. The reroll basically kills another trash heap, and compares the 2 loots and gives you the "better" loot. So basically, the chances of you re rolling and getting a better chance at loot are very slim. Doesn't increase the rates and doesn't guarantee anything.

Buying a lucky elixir, depending on which one you buy, only gives you a 25/30% chance of a re roll for a chance at better loot, if you're not seeing any rerolls, you're either not looting anything at all, or you're not getting lucky and re rolling. You have to receive loot from a boss or a mob to get a chance to reroll.

Senior Member MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    A roll is when you have a chance to get a specific item from a fixed loot table.

Hypothetically, you kill a mob with a loot table of 6 items. That roll is like you rolling a dice to determine what item you will get.

A re-roll is giving you the chance to do that dice-roll again, but instead of starting from scratch, it bases off your original roll. Let's say you originally rolled a green (uncommon) item, your re-roll has a chance to improve that item to a purple (epic) or a pink (legendary) item.

The re-roll only works when you have the luck buff BEFORE you get the item.

You will notice when you have the luck buff on, you will have different stuff in your chatbox saying :

"Feeling lucky.. " (almost a re-roll)
    "You ARE LUCKY.. " (successful re-roll)

I hope I'm correct, because that's how I've understood it so far. Hopefully someone like Physiologic can explain it simpler and with more detail, but I hope you get the picture
    So in feeling lucky does that mean if u recive an item again it might reroll?
    Current Active account: Okaberintarou and Xranmourix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND View Post
    I believe "Feelin' lucky..." means you rerolled, but you didn't get better loot, so you received the original loot. When it says "You ARE lucky!" I believe that's when you re roll, and the re roll delivers you a "better" or "rarer" item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND View Post
    "Feeling lucky" only happens when you actually receive an item anyway, so when it says "Feeling lucky", my impression is that your luck buff ALMOST gave you a re-roll.

In my understanding, "Feeling lucky" doesn't really give anything. It's almost like just showing you that you almost got a re-roll and that it actually works.

The real re-roll comes when your luck buff actually works, when it says "You ARE LUCKY".

I've only ever, re-rolled to a good pink about 3 times in my entire PL life. Countless re-rolls, but only handful of good re-rolls.

Edit:

Now that Myst mentions it, that could be possible too.

Wonder if anyone knows if "Feeling Lucky" shows a re-roll to the other players through the chatbox.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 04-07-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Every time you get a "drop" from an enemy or a chest, the system randomly chooses an item from a "loot table" that specifies the types of drops and their frequency. This is called a "roll", terminology essentially based on pen-and-paper RPGs.

If you have a "luck elixir" active, there is a fixed percentage chance that you will get to roll twice. If you see "Feeling lucky....", then this second roll occurs. The system will then give you the better of the two items; by "better", it only looks at rarity: Trash (gray) < Common (white) < Uncommon (orange) < Rare (green) < Legendary (purple) < Epic (pink). if the two items are the same rarity, it will give you the first item you rolled -- it does not distinguish "better" within a rarity category.

When you do get the item from the second roll, that is when you see the "You ARE lucky" message.

Note that those who bought (and are wearing) the "Big Luck" vanity helmet for St. Patrick's Day have an effect similar to the elixirs, but with a much lower chance of getting a re-roll.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

err i tried many times to buy the elixir which gives 30% reroll but nothing happens. the worst case scenario the enemy doesnt give me any loot when the reroll buff is on. can you help me with this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Every time you get a "drop" from an enemy or a chest, the system randomly chooses an item from a "loot table" that specifies the types of drops and their frequency. This is called a "roll", terminology essentially based on pen-and-paper RPGs.

If you have a "luck elixir" active, there is a fixed percentage chance that you will get to roll twice. If you see "Feeling lucky....", then this second roll occurs. The system will then give you the better of the two items; by "better", it only looks at rarity: Trash (gray) < Common (white) < Uncommon (orange) < Rare (green) < Legendary (purple) < Epic (pink). if the two items are the same rarity, it will give you the first item you rolled -- it does not distinguish "better" within a rarity category.

When you do get the item from the second roll, that is when you see the "You ARE lucky" message.

Note that those who bought (and are wearing) the "Big Luck" vanity helmet for St. Patrick's Day have an effect similar to the elixirs, but with a much lower chance of getting a re-roll.
    In fact, that does make sense.

"Feeling lucky" means you re-rolled, just not for better loot.

While "You ARE lucky" means you re-rolled and did get better loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Main reason why I think "Feelin' Lucky" means you rerolled, but didn't get better loot, and "You ARE lucky" means you rerolled for better loot is because when it says "You ARE lucky", it follows my saying "(name here) re-rolled and received better loot" or something along those lines. If "You ARE lucky" just means you rerolled in general, I don't think it'd say you received "better" loot. You may be right though, I can't say I'm sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Main reason why I think "Feelin' Lucky" means you rerolled, but didn't get better loot, and "You ARE lucky" means you rerolled for better loot is because when it says "You ARE lucky", it follows my saying "(name here) re-rolled and received better loot" or something along those lines. If "You ARE lucky" just means you rerolled in general, I don't think it'd say you received "better" loot. You may be right though, I can't say I'm sure.
    No, you're right. "Feeling Lucky" giving a re-roll but not better loot, while "You ARE lucky" giving a re-roll and better loot, makes more sense.

I was under the impression that a re-roll completely meant you were guaranteed a better item, which was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by arvinlennard View Post
    err i tried many times to buy the elixir which gives 30% reroll but nothing happens. the worst case scenario the enemy doesnt give me any loot when the reroll buff is on. can you help me with this?

Are you killing a boss? Bosses ALWAYS give you a drop, no matter how bad.

Mini-bosses and such, they don't necessarily always give a drop (at least the ones in BS).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

No, you're right. "Feeling Lucky" giving a re-roll but not better loot, while "You ARE lucky" giving a re-roll and better loot, makes more sense.

I was under the impression that a re-roll completely meant you were guaranteed a better item, which was wrong.

Are you killing a boss? Bosses ALWAYS give you a drop, no matter how bad.

Mini-bosses and such, they don't necessarily always give a drop (at least the ones in BS).
    I thought the same thing, I forget who corrected me, but they put it into numbers, and having a luck elixir or big luck hardly improved your chances at all, but since big luck is now payed for, I might as well use it

Also, Arvin, as elly said, you should get loot from bosses (depending where you're farming) I wouldn't waste a lot of gold on luck pots, but it should be rerolling if you're trying it multiple times. Also, are you dying at all? If you die, you lose your elixir, or if you leave a map and rejoin. Elixirs also expire after 5 minutes of use, so be sure you have it when killing the boss (Should show a little yellow vial next to your name in the upper left hand corner)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I thought the same thing, I forget who corrected me, but they put it into numbers, and having a luck elixir or big luck hardly improved your chances at all, but since big luck is now payed for, I might as well use it
    Yeah I remember seeing the numbers, the luck buff actually giving a really low chance of additional chance. I forgot where and who too. (Lets bug phys to make a drop guide ).

I was on the verge of just replacing my Big Luck hat for the crown look, the big luck just looks ugly IMO, until it re-rolled me a pink.. Guess its staying on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Yeah I remember seeing the numbers, the luck buff actually giving a really low chance of additional chance. I forgot where and who too. (Lets bug phys to make a drop guide ).

I was on the verge of just replacing my Big Luck hat for the crown look, the big luck just looks ugly IMO, until it re-rolled me a pink.. Guess its staying on
    No offense to the devs, but I agree. Big luck is ugly, and I'm tired of looking at it, especially on Mage (hehe). Really a tough choice between looking hawt and getting a slight chance of phatter lewt.