Thread: Custom raid roach v normal raid roach wats better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Custom raid roach v normal raid roach wats better?

well... out of the two i would pick custom cos of the regen, but can anyone explain y u would get normal rr over custom? i dont get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Well, debatebly, RR can be considered better. Losing 6 damage a peice really takes a toll on your skill damage! That's -18 base damage (given you're comparing bow sets) and around that much skill damage, and that adds up quick. For PvE, I prefer raid. If a mage is healing, and doing their job, the regen won't be a big loss, not to mention the ability to use pots gives even less a reason to have H/S. It'd be much more useful for your party to have normal raid, since an archers job is to debuff and bring massive DPS, and overall damage.

As for PvP, well, it depends on the instance. If you're going 1v1 against another archer, then raid would be superior since archer matches are so fast, regen doesn't even come into play. But in a big group PvP, the custom's regen would help greatly, especially if there isn't a Mage around.

If you're a dex bear, no question about it, use custom if you are debating between raid and custom and price isn't an issue. If you're a dex mage, then just use raid, H/S, IMO, is useless on a mage, and you might as well take the extra damage. If you're an archer, it can really go either way. In PvE, I prefer for an archer, even if it's myself, to help the team more and use raid, since having health regen only helps the user, and damage can help everyone.

If we are talking about an archer here, it basically comes down to what you find yourself doing more, PvE, or big group, 5V5 PvP. Also comes down to if you commonly play with mages (especially good ones), and if you have gold to spare on health pots.
    Last edited by KingFu; 04-07-2011 at 05:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

ok, thnx for the advice mysticaldream. also i have another question, would you pick a crossbow or recurve?
    Last edited by GELLIO77; 04-07-2011 at 06:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Crossbow has more range, more survivability in pve and an advantage for pvp cause you can strike first

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GELLIO77 View Post
    ok, thnx for the advice mysticaldream. also i have another question, would you pick a crossbow or recurve?
    Depends on your class. For dex mage, I recommend auto crossbow, for the range. For dex bear, recurve, no doubt. Since you'll wanna be up close anyways to use your slashes. As for archer, I prefer recurve. The range on the auto crossbow is great! It's very helpful in PvP, but personally, the big loss in damage and dps is a tough decision. For PvP, I would recommend auto crossbow, the range helps for kiting, and keeping distant if it's needed. As for PvE, I would say recurve. The added base damage and dps is helpful to the user, and his team mates. Also, up against bosses, and even mobs in general, the blinding proc (hit% debuff) given from the recurve can really be of service for your party's tank.

Pretty much comes down to personal preference and playing style. I would try them both out, and see which one fits your needs more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

imho it all come down to playstyle.
    was a noob.. still is.. finding the needs of m/s on my full dex bird, since i love to spam skills.
    kept going back and forth the needs of sewer set.
    was experimenting on underling talon set on mob (12 m/s) and RR set for boss.

lately i realized using RR set let me pass through mob faster... if u time skills right.. with less mana pot..
    have not the luxury of sewer nor custom set yet, but figured am surviving with RR set on less hp or mana pot as before.
    offcourse i stay back a bit more now, adjusting to my strength point which is snipe crit from back, debuff, then combo for mob.

as for armor needs, i would switch between rings...

i assume it would be same for comparison between RR & Custom set.
    fit your playstyle.. adjust if needed..
    Last edited by tonebjr; 04-10-2011 at 02:57 AM.
    Tonebjr - 56 Bird
    Tonebjrsecond - 56 Elf
    Tonebjrthird - 56 Bear
    Tonebjrfourth - 15 Bear Twinks