Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: No one wana party with tanks in elite and arena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    The point here is that if you look at the roles of the three classes, you see Rogue = fast single target kills, Sorcerers = Crowd control and DoT, Warriors = tanks/healers? Two of these classes have obvious benefits in a PvE environment, while one honestly cannot contribute as much. Sure, a really skilled tank will make runs easier for you, but they rarely make runs faster. This game has evolved to the point where time = money, so the more time you spend on a map, the less money you make, or the more money you need to spend. There is no extra reward for efficiency or team dynamics, so what ends up happening is whatever party type is fastest becomes the most desirable.

Here is my rating system on the three classes in the ten primary areas of PvE that I find important

Single Target Damage: How well you can damage a single mob/boss
    Group Damage: How well you can inflict damage on a group of mobs at once
    Aggro Control: How well you can generate and maintain aggro
    Target Control: How well can you control a single mob
    Group Control: How well can you control a pack of mobs
    Player Buff: How potent your self-buff abilities are
    Party Buff: How potent your party buffs are
    Target Debuff: How effective your single-target debuffs are
    Group Debuff: How effective your group debuffs are
    Damage Control: How well you can absorb or better yet, avoid receiving damage

ROGUES:
    Rogues are the undisputed single-target killing machines in the game. This class has extremely effective target debuffs and player buffs, coupled with the highest single target damage is the reason why Rogues are efficient killing machines. Rogues, while not very good at mob control do have the ability to avoid some of the damage and possess enough Armor/HP to pot through the damage that they do receive. Unfortunately, without any shielding capabilities, do die more than average.

Single Target Damage: Best. Without question, the best class in the game!
    Group Damage: Average. Nox poison, bleed from Traps and Razor all doing AoE damage.
    Aggro Control: Above Average. Rogues can generate a lot of aggro, especially in blender builds with Razor, Traps and Daggers. The high damage and high DPS can pull aggro at any time it seems.
    Target Control: Terrible. No single target control mechanism.
    Group Control: Below Average. Effective, but unreliable group control with traps that pull.
    Player Buff: Best. One of the most effective self-buffing mechanism in game! Crit stacking plus 250% damage on crit from Aimed Shot is the reason why Rogues are the best single target killers.
    Party Buff: Above Average. Shadow Veil (when properly upgraded) is a powerful party buff.
    Target Debuff: Best. Aimed Shot, with it's armor debuff, is powerful and scales well to endgame.
    Group Debuff: Average. Shadow veil does offer some hit % debuff, and bleed does stack, which is why Trap builds are becoming more popular.
    Damage Control: Average. Above average armor and HP, along with very good Dodge all contribute.

SORCERERS:
    Sorcerers are masters of crowd control, AoE damage and DoT. This class does not offer much in the way of buffs/debuffs, but, in the proper hands, can effectively keep many mobs in a permanent root/stun/freeze/knock-down cycle, which helps with survivability. Unfortunately, being a low armor/low dodge class, hits tend to do more damage than expected, but, this is somewhat offset by a very powerful shield. In my opinion, a shield is too much of a compromise, since it reduces your total skill damage output by 25%, so the best elite runners I know run without the shield.

Single Target Damage: Average. Lightning being the most potent attack, but single target isn't the primary role of the class.
    Group Damage: Best. Clock and Fire are the bread-and-butter of the class and these two skills in particular have a large area of effect.
    Aggro Control: Average. For whatever reason, Sorcs tend to generate a lot of aggro, likely from the continuous DoT.
    Target Control: Best. Ice is the best single target control ability in game.
    Group Control: Best. With large AoE skills and lots of stun/root/knockdowns, Sorcs are the best class for crowd control.
    Player Buff: Below Average. Gale (with its Armor and Speed upgrades) is probably the only player buff I can think of.
    Party Buff: Terrible. No party buff that I can think of (unless you consider Heal a party buff).
    Target Debuff: Below Average. None of the skill upgrades are worthwhile except for Curse.
    Group Debuff: Below Average. None of the skill upgrades are worthwhile except for Curse.
    Damage Control: Below Average. Many builds have high HP coupled with Shield and/or Gale. Generally, without Shield or Gale, Sorcs rely on high-ish HP, but the low armor leads to a lot of one hit deaths.

WARRIORS:
    Warriors primary role of tanking is reflected in their skills; they are terrific aggro controllers, and have great survivability, but their ability to deal damage and debuff in any appreciable way is simply not there.

Single Target Damage: Terrible. Even though some tanks have extremely high DMG, the skill damage is very weak.
    Group Damage: Average. Windmill and Smash are AoE type attacks, and with the primary role of Warriors as a tanker, these two skills can do reasonable damage.
    Aggro Control: Best. This class has taunt upgrades on most skills.
    Target Control: Below Average. The only real single target control skill is Axe Throw, and even that has limited usefulness.
    Group Control: Terrible. Tanks excel at grouping up mobs, not controlling them. Stuns from Smash are very unreliable.
    Player Buff: Best. Juggernaut and VB are two of the best player buffs in game!
    Party Buff: Average. Rally Cry (for those that actually use it) has a large radius and reasonably long active time.
    Target Debuff: Average. Feebling is really the only target debuff available, which helps with the tanking role, but doesn't add to faster runs.
    Group Debuff: Terrible. No group debuff skills.
    Damage Control: Best. High HP, high armor means tanks are really tough to bring down in PvE. There are very few windup attacks in game that can one hit a properly geared tank.

So, looking at this analysis, it is clear that what is missing in the game is a potent group debuff ability. Rogues excel at single target buff/debuff/kills. Sorcerers excel at crowd control, AoE and DoT. Tanks excel at what? Being a punching bag? Let's make the Warrior class a Tank and Debuff juggernaut! Extend the benefit of VB to the entire party, add Feeble and some form of armor reduction skill upgrade to debuff groups of mobs! This will make tanks a desirable class to have in party as it not only helps with efficiency, but it also will not significantly increase run time!

true tank should have a specialty.. maybe resurrection skills or debuff skills - armor to boss.. or maybe really tank now adays are useless in pve...

1.) rouge and mage both have healing skills. - so why need tank.
    2.) rouge and mage have more damage - why need tank again.

Maybe if STS remove the healing skills on rouge and mage and make it like more focus kind of thing... rouge focus on damage.. mage focus on AOE , DoT and crowd control skills. Tanks focus on Tanking , support skills revive debuff , healing ect.

STS toon are all kind of hybrid lol.. very BS!

Click signature for Youtube Channel
    Click This for Tournament History

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    i strongly disagree to your points and the way you conduct your arguments.
    not everyone who points out flaws in your ideas has language problems or is otherwise incapable of understanding the concept.
    there are experienced players here who try to give feedback so stg can locate and solve the problems.
    bashing everyone for not praising your idea does not help your arguments and your credibility.

pots)
    pots are the most important gold sink in this game.
    they are an economic necessity to avoid inflation and won t go anywhere.
    limiting pot usage in elite maps would cripple the game economy design.

ankhs)
    limiting ankhs would only raise the entry gear level for elite party acceptance and create a very frustrating experience.
    the class preference for parties would be still the same, as rogues can kite and share aggro effectively.

just one example arena, enraged: if your party is fast enough to kill before enraged, it s safe.
    if not, limiting ankhs would most probably wipe the party and reset the boss.
    this is certainly not an argument to have a tank in the party.
    Yes... I am also aware about the gold sink for buying potions. Maybe if entering dungeon map requiring some gold will be good and efficient also for gold sink.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    Welcome in "No one wana party with tanks in elite and arena" thread :-)
    What i mean is the no potions in pvp also can be implemented in pve (including elite and arena). No problem for rogues IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Just make a rouge and play rouge legends.

Name:  preview.png
Views: 327
Size:  190.1 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    true tank should have a specialty.. maybe resurrection skills or debuff skills - armor to boss.. or maybe really tank now adays are useless in pve...

Maybe if STS remove the healing skills on rouge and mage and make it like more focus kind of thing... rouge focus on damage.. mage focus on AOE , DoT and crowd control skills. Tanks focus on Tanking , support skills revive debuff , healing ect.

How would mages and rogues do pvp then?
    there are alot of good ideas to boost warriors in pve. We have to keep that in mind that, boosting warriors in pve shouldn't affect the pvp experience!

To my opinion, warriors should get some huge debuff skills and great agro holding skills.
    Warriors' Taunt should be more effective than those dots which draws aggros.
    Warriors should be able to agro even environments like mushrooms, pools.

A noticeable debuffs on every warrior skills would be great to have.
    like Jug/veng/HoR having 50% armor debuff to the enemies which it taunts, and other attacking skills having like 20% armor debuff.

5th skill slot can be introduced and buff the rally cry skill as in,
    i- giving 30% all stat bonus to caster and allies,
    ii- debuff 30% all stats of enemies in pve only,
    iii- speed boost to 30% for 6 secs
    iv- stun freeze immunity for 6 secs and 20% chance to banish pve mobs.

Warriors will make great change in runs and will be desired to be in a party!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

You make it sound as if most sane mages and rogues use heal in pve. We have something called potions now. You're probably just running with the wrong people. Again, karma/horror is mainly PvP guild is it not? (Correct me if in wrong but I remember seeing you in one of those guilds). That's the problem. PvP and pve 2 different things

mesalin

I'm agree dex bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Another idea which I think would be useful is to make Taunt upgrades make the rest of the party untargetable for the duration of the taunt. This would apply in both PvE AND PvP!

This way, when a Warrior casts Jug or WM, even though a squishy is standing right next to the tank, the squishy will never get hit, even if they are standing in a red zone!

This would also have a very powerful benefit in PvP, since the current strategy is to take out the Rogues and Sorcs first, then deal with the tank. BUT, if the tank is taunting, and you cannot target the DPS classes (only the tank), then new strategies on how to deal with tanks in PvP will have to change. This would probably mean that stunning the tank with charged skills (or, god forbid, Kelvin) would be the first priority.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Exactly why I made a Mage .. LOL thanks for this

I notice no one want to party with Tank and Elite runs.

So Tanks are only useful in PVP now, if no one want to farm with tank how will tanks get geared?
    Also i notice a lot of great tanks made a rouge or mage account for farming.
    What will happen if tanks will change class to rouge LOL...

STS need to balance this, Make sure in all runs they need a tanks! Double or triple the damage of elite bosses that only tanks survive in its Special skills or something. in this care they will need a tank so boss wont reset back to full HP.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post

I like to tank cuz tank makes u feel superior, I like protecting , not crossing my finger and hoping for luck.. Like rogue has a lot of luck base , gears, than skills. Just my opinion , I much enjoy tanking cuz of the adrenalin rush it gives me making sure my party survives , I like being depended on , and warrior is nothing now, so I made a Mage to kill rogues.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    How would mages and rogues do pvp then?
    there are alot of good ideas to boost warriors in pve. We have to keep that in mind that, boosting warriors in pve shouldn't affect the pvp experience!

To my opinion, warriors should get some huge debuff skills and great agro holding skills.
    Warriors' Taunt should be more effective than those dots which draws aggros.
    Warriors should be able to agro even environments like mushrooms, pools.

A noticeable debuffs on every warrior skills would be great to have.
    like Jug/veng/HoR having 50% armor debuff to the enemies which it taunts, and other attacking skills having like 20% armor debuff.

5th skill slot can be introduced and buff the rally cry skill as in,
    i- giving 30% all stat bonus to caster and allies,
    ii- debuff 30% all stats of enemies in pve only,
    iii- speed boost to 30% for 6 secs
    iv- stun freeze immunity for 6 secs and 20% chance to banish pve mobs.

Warriors will make great change in runs and will be desired to be in a party!
    This buff really make tank OP No need for rogue if warr get this buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The solutions have already been given.

1. Fix taunt.
    2. Extend Vengeful Blood buffs to Party.
    3. Include huge (that cover the whole room) single-hit red zones on bosses that cannot be avoided unless under HoR invulnerability.
    3. Add in cross class combos (eg. Axe Throw + Aimed Shot + Skyward Smash = 40% armor reduction for 4 seconds).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    The solutions have already been given.

1. Fix taunt.
    2. Extend Vengeful Blood buffs to Party.
    3. Include huge (that cover the whole room) single-hit red zones on bosses that cannot be avoided unless under HoR invulnerability.
    3. Add in cross class combos (eg. Axe Throw + Aimed Shot + Skyward Smash = 40% armor reduction for 4 seconds).
    Good ideas. I'm not against the idea but just want to add some of my thoughts. Sorry for repeating my ideas.

1. This is obvious.
    2. Vg will not be wide enough to cover/buff pt and it doesn't have taunt. Debuff on jugg sound more reasonable. And this way tank can help to clean mobs faster too.
    3. When hor is on Cd, all pt including tank will die and reset boss. Cs cancel must come back. Or this will cause more use of kelvin only.
    4. Axe throw(or/and jugg) + aim shot + time shift(or/and maybe fire) sound better for all classes. If mage skill gets some armor reducion too, all stack will make it more than 50% which will make the run the fastest with all 3 classes.
    Last edited by Excuses; 05-13-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredible View Post
    I like to tank cuz tank makes u feel superior, I like protecting , not crossing my finger and hoping for luck.. Like rogue has a lot of luck base , gears, than skills. Just my opinion , I much enjoy tanking cuz of the adrenalin rush it gives me making sure my party survives , I like being depended on , and warrior is nothing now, so I made a Mage to kill rogues.
    So true.... now tank is noting lol..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

The only thing to make this gamestudio understanding is to stop spending any cash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Im a tank and personally I've ran 340 runs this arena event. I find a pt fairly easily. Tanks are actually very useful in elites because of one hits to rogues we can take the dmg and survive long enough for everyone respawns. But also as a tank you need to know how to run the map. I don't even have to ask people for a pt. right when I hope on I get a pt right away from max rogues. Try joining elite running guilds like; Deviant Misfits, Elite runners, Enigmatic, Elite Avengers, Turbo, Unified, and much more. Im not saying tanks shouldnt get buffed in pve because I still think that it would be better for us. But in pvp tanks are extremely op too(if you know how to use a tank) I see no need to make a rogue or mage for farming because all it takes is patience and a guild for running. I've been considering making a line group for people who can't contact anyone who wants to run elites. I'll make a post so you can all send me line requests and I'll make a group for party finding. Hopefully I can solve some of the problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Another idea which I think would be useful is to make Taunt upgrades make the rest of the party untargetable for the duration of the taunt. This would apply in both PvE AND PvP!

This way, when a Warrior casts Jug or WM, even though a squishy is standing right next to the tank, the squishy will never get hit, even if they are standing in a red zone!

This would also have a very powerful benefit in PvP, since the current strategy is to take out the Rogues and Sorcs first, then deal with the tank. BUT, if the tank is taunting, and you cannot target the DPS classes (only the tank), then new strategies on how to deal with tanks in PvP will have to change. This would probably mean that stunning the tank with charged skills (or, god forbid, Kelvin) would be the first priority.
    This is a great idea +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post

a lot of our great karma tanks already change class... Bully / Overheard made a rouge now... same with Hell... maybe its time for me to join the rouges or mages..

mesalin

True i made also rogue and mage41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I still party with tanks...Of course I do not party with 3 but usually I go with 1 warrior 2 rogues. If the tank can do his job right I party him, if a tank can't do his job, he might as well quit...

I personally do not care if I take more time I am just doing for the fun

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Magegrimm For This Useful Post: