Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No one wana party with tanks in elite and arena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Dont Worry My Dear Tanks after the New Expansion Tanks will be treats like a god the new expansion make the game change without tank you couldn't finish an map without die (party) and the tank dmg wil be nerfed in pve like rogues (eavesdrop) :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Good Feed back... just keep it clean..

1.) improved Boss damage - when boss damage goes higher im sure they will need a tank to taunt boss and hold him.

2.) Lower Rouge HP - Rouge dont need high HP if there is a tank around taking for them, they just snipe outside.

Yes i maybe on a pvp guild but we also do elite stuff. base on my experience no matter what guild you are tanks are not need anymore in elite.

1.) 4 rouges are faster - Less time on elite map not only they finish the map fast but they also have the chance to get the time run banner. its like hitting two birds in one stone. farming and doing time runs.

2.) rouge dont need tanks because boss are weak! there is no need for tank to stick around it will just make the party slow- in short tank is a burden LOL.

Click signature for Youtube Channel
    Click This for Tournament History

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Our guild is a 90% farming guild and I can tell you my experience:

Yes, tanks have hard times to find a party, mainly because of three reasons:

1) there can be max one tank in the party otherwise enraged mode turns into a nightmare

2) many rogues don't know how to max damage output and blame tank

3) if there's already a mage in the party, adding tank reduces the damage dealt significantly

But! I noticed that running with a good tank (and we have such), we rogues die significantly less! Yesterday I grinded arena for about four hours with one of our tanks, the runs took approx 7-9 mins, but I used not more than 30 ankhs (half of them thanks to continuous PM inflow)! When I run in a typical dps party, i get significantly more attention from the bosses, resulting in higher ankh consumption.

If STS tweaked the mechanics a bit, for example when enraged boss can't one hit tank, usage of tanks would significantly increase, I'm sure!

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Solution: Buff all elite maps, so tanks are needed. Or jsut remove the class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The bottom line here is: rogues are meant to excel in killing bosses, which is the primary role for rogues in pve, the other being killing the mob with the highest-threat. Warriors are obviously not desired, nor are mages desired for bosses, so rogues become ultimately favoured.

Lessening a rogue's hp or increasing a boss' dmg won't change this, nor will it change the fact that rogues will (still) deal more damage, especially since rogues would just ankh revive after a death and continue hitting bosses with high damage.

The problem here lies in STS, for the fact that it is currently an event for arena, which is a boss-based map. This means that rogues are going to dominate. I suggest maps that are also: mobs-based and high-threat level based, which would allow mages and wars to be more desirable in a party.

However, I do agree warriors need to be tweaked cleverly in a way that doesn't destroy the role of other classes. The introduction of ankhs has really hit those fatties bad. :3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffgeomon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffgeomon View Post
    The bottom line here is: rogues are meant to excel in killing bosses, which is the primary role for rogues in pve, the other being killing the mob with the highest-threat. Warriors are obviously not desired, nor are mages desired for bosses, so rogues become ultimately favoured.

Lessening a rogue's hp or increasing a boss' dmg won't change this, nor will it change the fact that rogues will (still) deal more damage, especially since rogues would just ankh revive after a death and continue hitting bosses with high damage.

The problem here lies in STS, for the fact that it is currently an event for arena, which is a boss-based map. This means that rogues are going to dominate. I suggest maps that are also: mobs-based and high-threat level based, which would allow mages and wars to be more desirable in a party.

However, I do agree warriors need to be tweaked cleverly in a way that doesn't destroy the role of other classes. The introduction of ankhs has really hit those fatties bad. :3
    So your suggestion is to remove ankhs ? if we remove ankhs all rouge may die in last part of the map or boss map then boss reset to full HP...so they need atleast 1 or 2 on party that dont die easily on last boss.

Click signature for Youtube Channel
    Click This for Tournament History

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    So your suggestion is to remove ankhs ? if we remove ankhs all rouge may die in last part of the map or boss map then boss reset to full HP...so they need atleast 1 or 2 on party that dont die easily on last boss.
    Tanks won't die easily on the last boss! Some sort of ankh-restriction would foster more tanks to participate in runs. However, it is not necessary for them to be completely removed, as farming efficiency becomes another matter. Maybe its time to implement a revive skill for wars? XD

My point is that since arena favours rogues due to bosses, why not have maps that include only mobs (for mages), and hard hitting enemies (for tanks)? Also, tanks should be revised in pve, which the devs are already working on.
    Last edited by Jeffgeomon; 05-12-2015 at 06:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I notice no one want to party with Tank and Elite runs.

So Tanks are only useful in PVP now, if no one want to farm with tank how will tanks get geared?
    Also i notice a lot of great tanks made a rouge or mage account for farming.
    What will happen if tanks will change class to rouge LOL...

STS need to balance this, Make sure in all runs they need a tanks! Double or triple the damage of elite bosses that only tanks survive in its Special skills or something. in this care they will need a tank so boss wont reset back to full HP.
    sorry to hear that you are not able to gets party for elites.
    I personally always prefer a warrior in my pt. . . I,get less deaths that way. . also not all warriors are the same. . the warrior I use knows his job is to protect the rest and take aggro. some warriors wanna be rogues. . . coming to pve with pvp Skills and no aggro taunts!
    and pls stop suggesting that sts introduce more one hit kills. . one hit kill has angered many players. . even to the point of some leaving the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yeah well. I hope STS doesn't apply whatever warrior buff they may or may not apply to PvP as well. The -25% armor on ax was unnecessary. It didn't help much in PvE, but did in PvP...and PvP is where they need no looking at whatsoever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Let's face the facts though... it's not ALWAYS the tank's skills being bad, but the tanks themselves. I don't mind running with tanks at all, so long as they have the proper knowledge and build to hold aggro of bosses. When running with great tanks from my guild, I use far less ankhs than I would if i ran with all DPS. However, I've done runs with some (unnecessary) tanks that use vb, axe throw, horn of renew, and rally cry in their build, in t3!!! It's tanks like this that make many others look bad, and therefore the whole tank population gets frowned upon. There's many great tanks out there to be honest. I've run with max legendary tanks that run better than some tanks with nekro(firsthand experience). I have 1-2 go-to tanks on my friends list, and quite a few in the guild, as its pretty difficult to find good tanks nowadays. I always look forward to running with tanks, so long as there's a max of one per party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

It will never be balanced / fixed - you're better off just making a rogue. Next double experience weekend just level up a rogue and call it a day. For senior members of the community who have been playing for so long I admire the faith in balancing, but it's just not going to happen.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Ice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onepiedead View Post
    Solution: Buff all elite maps, so tanks are needed. Or jsut remove the class.
    It's better to limit the amount of revived in Elite and you will see the game is more balance for PVE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffgeomon View Post
    Tanks won't die easily on the last boss! Some sort of ankh-restriction would foster more tanks to participate in runs. However, it is not necessary for them to be completely removed, as farming efficiency becomes another matter. Maybe its time to implement a revive skill for wars? XD

My point is that since arena favours rogues due to bosses, why not have maps that include only mobs (for mages), and hard hitting enemies (for tanks)? Also, tanks should be revised in pve, which the devs are already working on.
    Actually if you read the previous posts, you'd understand that we are more likely to die with a tank than we are without. That means the ankh restriction would just make it worse.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    It will never be balanced / fixed - you're better off just making a rogue. Next double experience weekend just level up a rogue and call it a day. For senior members of the community who have been playing for so long I admire the faith in balancing, but it's just not going to happen.
    Yes, that what I'd done because nothing will be balanced / fixed.

Near beaches between the middle of earth in the center of earth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

We warriors need enraged as a skill lol which will increase out damage,hp,dps and armour(mana remains same) output for about 1.5 times the current just for 6-8 seconds
    [/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Actually if you read the previous posts, you'd understand that we are more likely to die with a tank than we are without. That means the ankh restriction would just make it worse.
    Then you must have grouped with a noob tank that doesn't know how to play his class well. (A noob is a noob, doesn't matter what class they play)

You must be bias, because you probably just like to run an elite maps that really requires no skills at all with the help of constant revives/ankhs without any risk at all.

I do understand, running with a grp of all rogues seems fasters in elite maps with constant revived. But be openminded for one sec, with limited revived, i can guaranteed, you that most rog groups will die more and takes a little longer to finished an elite map.

And i do stressed MOST ROGUES GROUP. There is always exceptions to everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I have crazy solution :

Increase pots price : from 1.35k/100 to 50k/100, mana pots 25k/100

O.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

One thing you guys are missing is...
    Having boss dmg higher means more 1 hit death from boss. When most of tanks can't take the dmg from boss and die too, there is no reason for taunt and tank to exist.
    Simply making the maps harder will not be the solution unless there will be perfect tools to deal with the bosses.

The problem right now are that
    1.warriors get 1 hit from boss too unless they get maxed armor/hp build,
    2. Lose aggro for no reason sometimes so boss kills pt,
    3. and make the runs significantly slow.

So warrior need better skill upgrade, such as
    1. cancel boss wind up in cs, (this will be a must if boss will be harder. Simply doing feeble is not enough now. )
    2. armor reducion in jugg or/and team buff in vg. (so warriors won't slow the runs. As I have said in many other thread, I like to see jugg buff than vg because vg has too small range to buff pt and has no taunt. )
    3. And better taunt ability. (to minimize random pt daeth)

I used to be able to take all dmg from bosses when I have 2900 armor/8k hp. But how many players will have that stat to play? Now I have 2500armor/2700hp and still get 1 hit death from some bosses when crit. Even without crit I get 5-10% hp left. Just making bosses and map harder will not be a solution when tanks are struggling to survive too.
    Last edited by Excuses; 05-12-2015 at 02:14 PM.
    Aegis

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

This topic is nearly antique was brought very often and nearly 2 years ago.

Many nice peeps quit because the developers/owners of this game don't give a **** .

There are soo many great games out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Couple things. Making tanks on par with rogues for fighting bosses will break the game. That's not balance. Some of the issue here is simply the fact that this event is arena.

Secondly, it seems that a lot of these discussions about rogues are about the maxed out rogues. Legendary rogues may or may not do full rogue parties. Seems unlikely but maybe so. Moving on to maxed out rogues, we usually run with 1-3 nekros and usually at least one sns. Aside from the mandatory breaks in nekro aa, we run with 40% damage reduction from nekro shield. IMO, if someone has figured out how to pay 100-200m for a toon, they should prob not be restricted. In my runs with a tank, they die as much or more than rogues bc they stay close to the arena bosses. Limiting revives, in many cases, would send the tank outside the fence before the rogues. The key to arena is really just running with friends. Our guild is super small and we've had numerous recipes and a fossil looted by our tanks. They've been able to log hundreds of runs.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!