Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion of lvl 51, 53 and 55 pink items pricing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Discussion of lvl 51, 53 and 55 pink items pricing.

In this topic i would like to share my point of view of how prices should be made regarding to lvl 51, 53 and 55 pink items you get from sewer maps. I have seen many players propose a selling price for lvl 51 or 53 items higher than a 55 item but is that really worth? Most probably not worth. Lvl 51 and 53 items are not as rare as you rate them because it not due to how hardly it drops but its based on level of your character. I agree it become impossible to get when your level goes up to 55, but when you reach 55, is it still wise to buy a lower level set? Here is a few points to consider when you buy or sell a lvl 51 or 53 item.

1. Level 51 or 53 items look exactly the same as level 55 items but gives lesser stats increment and set bonus.
    2. At level 55 and 56, would you rather have a lower level set?
    3. How much time would you need form level 51 to level 55?
    4. Is level 51 or 53 items considered rare as compared to Vxy Helm, Shadow Set items and etc.?
    5. If you say you'll have less or no chances of getting level 51 and 53 item when you reach level 54 and above, I'll agree but you can have a group of friends to bring your lower level character to sewer maps and get it. Level 51 and 53 items are available to level 1 - 53 players.
    6. Its not even considered a collection items because it doesn't have a unique look.
    7. The drop rate of all level 51, 53 and 55 is exactly the same. If you are level 49 in the game and you are expected to get a pink, you will get the level 51 pink. Similarly, if you are level 56 in the same game and expect to get a pink, you will get a level 55 one instead.
    8. If you are a PVP fan, would you ever consider to get a lower level set?

All the above points clearly state that level 51 and 53 items are less worth than level 55 items, well of course its how i see it to be. So conclusively, prices of level 51 and 53 items should not be higher than level 55 items, not even equal. What i feel should be the pricing guide is as follows:

Level 51 items a quarter of level 55 items
    Level 53 items a third of level 55 items

Well of course the price of level 55 items is base on seller and/or buyer so there is not general fixture to it. I believe there are agrees and disproves to my point of view to this so feel free to share you thoughts here. I did not use any unpleasant phrases so please keep this topic clean.

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Well I think you are wrong. Lower level (51, 53) should be more expensive and this is why:
    1. Level 55 pinks are 'basic', like level 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 pinks.
    2. These basic pinks are the end goal in terms of drops, they are the best.
    3. Level 51 and 53 pinks are level 55 pinks made available for the lower level players. Basicly if you use a level 51 pink, you are useing a level 55 pink earlier. That's why pinks from levels (i.e.) 27, 29, 32, 41, 47, 51 and 53 should always be more expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As i said, its my point of view so i am not wrong, niether am i right. But thanks to your points, you lead me to another point which is well deservingly putting the price of level 55 item at higher price compared to lvl 51 and 53. As you say they are basic item, so if i am not wrong, level 55 are the only level which the items can be use for crafting. So far i don't see any level 51 or 53 recipe. So in another words level 55 are more purposeful than level 53 and 51 items. And by saying they are the best, why are they cheaper? They look the same without any special design to it. Yes, it does allow you to waer them at lower level but for how long?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

1) lower requirementS: future in dual speccing and wielding. Means you will keep using them after lv55.
    2) can be used for leveling Alts.
    3) once past the level, you cannot use that char and get those items again, so more rare.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Biggest reason they (51 and 53) are as expensive as they are is that there are flat just not very many/as many of the 55 equips in the game. Simple supply and demand.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Biggest reason they (51 and 53) are as expensive as they are is that there are flat just not very many/as many of the 55 equips in the game. Simple supply and demand.
    Moog beat me to it. It is simply supply and demand. There is a low supply of 51 and 53 items. There is a big demand for such items from players either leveling or experimenting with builds. Like it or not, that is the basis of the price. Simple as that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    Moog beat me to it. It is simply supply and demand. There is a low supply of 51 and 53 items. There is a big demand for such items from players either leveling or experimenting with builds. Like it or not, that is the basis of the price. Simple as that.
    Agreed. Don't see the point of long discussions about what prices should be by some hypothetical ideal standard. As a trader I will price my stuff as high as I can get away with it. If it doesn't sell I'll lower the price. Couldn't care less if people think the price is "fair" or not - what I care about is whether it sells.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

In thoery 51, 53 shd be more expensive becuz u cant farm em with 55 or 56. How players are willing to fork out extra plats for a character that is going to stay at 50, 51 to farm these items? Only the hardcore i guess. And if you get yr maths right, u can do wonders with 51 items. Remember there's was a post with someone (sorry i cant remember who) a 55 or 56 who wield a fury shield with a MM gemstone wand? Those are 51 items.

Kopiooo-56 Elf, Kopipok-56 Bear, Kopitiam-56 Bird, Kopikosong-50 Elf, Kopisee-20 Elf, Kopioo-15 Elf, Kopilao-10 Elf, Kopisiao-5 Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I personally don't see why people would buy gear (level 51) for those prices but I'm not going to tell them not to. I'm making a ton of money off them willing to buy lower level items rather than wait until level 53.

EDIT: For those who farm oranges/greens, the easiest way to get them solo is to go to Roach Hotel and take the first right. After you go past the fire traps, you'll see the one Goop who is a random spawn. If you don't see him, remake and try again. It only takes about 30 seconds to check if he spawned.
    Last edited by Ayrilana; 04-08-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler84 View Post
    If you are level 49 in the game and you are expected to get a pink, you will get the level 51 pink. Similarly, if you are level 56 in the same game and expect to get a pink, you will get a level 55 one instead.
    Not entirely acurate... If you are level 49 in a game with a level 55 player, your drops will be level 55 - not level 51. The only way to get level 51 drops is when ALL players in your game are below level 52. That almost never happens now unless you are deliberately trying to recruit a group to farm level 51 gear so that makes the 51 gear much more rare than level 55 gear.

So, like others have said, basic economic principles of supply and demand dictate the price.
    Last edited by Addicted; 04-08-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    Star Legends: Addicted, AddictedTank, AddictedEngi | Pocket Legends: AddictedElf, AddictedBird, AddictedBear | Arcane Legends: AddictedMage, AddictedRogue, AddictedTank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

to get set bonuses, does your set have to have same level as rest of gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

only 55 has set bonus

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

1. dual gear / dual spec
    2. super rare

51-53 Pinks should cost more then 55 Pinks
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally speaking, yeah, out of rarity's sake of a non-typical level drop like a 51 or a 53 pink, it should "technically" be more expensive. To a collector's POV, this makes sense. However, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who would rather buy some of the most expensive gear in the game at a lower level, instead of just patiently leveling to 55 and buying it then for cheaper (and also better stats with a set bonus). This makes practical sense. Then there's the argument of getting the best gear for lower levels for PVP so you have the best gear for your level (twink), but given that PVP's pit all 50+'s in the same group to spar, it wouldn't really make much of a difference anyway, only that now you're pitted against people with better gear cause they spent their money on 55 gear. I have discontinued off-level gear that I thought too would sell quickly- and I too priced my items high (khop, djinn wand), but they are probably my hardest items to sell. Anyways my two cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

also lv51 gear is a investment. you give yourself gear to get thru the tough lv50-55!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I think you missed it. It's simple supply and demand. The fact that it takes a lower level group to reach them is WHY it's worth more. It's also why the higher level's are worth more.

Have you ever looked at the stats on a pink limbchopper? It's a fantastic weapon, excellent, but you can buy it for next to nothing because it drops much more common. Price is determined by rarity (which is supply and demand).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lvl 50 armor will get you to 55. you don't need rare or the best. just some ppl suck and they think gear will help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, watch your words. Hypothetical is definately considered an insulting word. If you think this is an unecessary discussion, just say so in a proper manner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

You know, I can sell an orange level 51 item for twice or three times what you can get for an orange level 55. It has nothing to do with sets.

People turn 51 and want to try the new gear. All I'm asking is 10K. They spend that much on potions. So the level 55 version causes 5 more points of damage. That's irrelevant. By the time they get to 55, they will have seen many drops, including 40 copies of the item I sold them that are now level 5, so they don't need to buy it.

Supply and demand, baby.The supply of level 51 items is low. People want them. They are not that expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler84 View Post
    Hey, watch your words. Hypothetical is definately considered an insulting word. If you think this is an unecessary discussion, just say so in a proper manner.
    Lighten up, Francis. He didn't mean it as an insult. Words/tone are often misconstrued in a forum format. I was personally totally struck by the almost arrogant tone of your first post....but chose to try to read what you were saying, not how I felt your tone was.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage