Thread: I've noticed all the pink recipes are level 55

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default I've noticed all the pink recipes are level 55

Does anyone get as excited when they win a recipe as opposed to the original item?
    Because correct me if I'm wrong if you don't have the item the recipe is for you essentially have to go buy it?
    The recipes are about making the item better not providing you with the skills to make the item from scratch.
    I get excited as you see the pink and then you go arghh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't recipes received as a double roll?

Every time I receive one, or see someone get one, it always drops as a second roll. Meaning you get the original item, and the recipe, so you have 2 drops from one boss.

I've even heard of one case that he gets both a recipe and the 55 pink needed for the recipe in one drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

all BS recipes are lvl55 and I think your right the whole crafting thing doesn't quite work atm IMHO so I understand why you would feel less favourable to a recipe drop than a nice piece of real kit....

Level 55 crafting doesn't actually significantly increase/improve items but rather just moves stats around.....

I hope this changes and the whole crafting thing comes more to the fore soon....

Ellyidol - I've never been lucky enough (or played enough BS yet) to receive/see a recipe drop but thats sounds strange? Do you mean like a luck elixer/big luck type double roll?
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Red- No not a re-roll from the original drop, but just a double drop entirely.

Come to think about it, every time I get a recipe as a drop, I also get an equipment drop from the same boss. I haven't been that lucky to receive a double pink drop, but I've always known recipes to drop as an "extra" item to you, without sacrificing your original equipment drop from the boss.

My theory is that recipes have their own special tables. Every time you kill a boss, you have a chance at it, but since the recipes are the only things in that table (not aware of any specific recipes from certain bosses only), there's a big gap of "receive nothing" that we usually get, hence not receiving any recipe, but still receiving the equipment from the boss. On lucky rolls that we do land on a recipe, we get both the recipe and the original equipment from the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Nope I got a level 55 recipe for a 2 handed pink sword and that was it.
    I receive 2 recipes that way.
    Go to the auctions in put in level 1 in both spots and look under recipes
    or the crafting icon.
    You'll see tons of recipes for sale.
    And I agree it doesn't make them that much better it just moves around stats.
    I liked the alien oasis crafting quests, but I do not like recipes as a drop from a major boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I see. I've only noticed it after they changed it to recipes dropping only from bosses too.

Weird, it's either a glitch or there's something I dont understand, since I'm 100% sure I receive recipes as a second drop.