Thread: Double Odds Arena Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Double Odds Arena Event

This event was by far THE best event I've ever got to enjoy in AL. No, I did not loot a fossil but many around me did and I am happy for them. The best part? It still cost plat in the form of ankhs but at least now, free players could compete.

Now, if they could only let this remain or slightly lower odds as well as bring some class combos into AL so warriors will be allowed in party, I don't think I'll have any complaints about the game in the near future!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

im confused (but def. not complaining) at all the recipes, since they weren't mentioned in the event as being double odds. i wonder if it will stay the same or go back to normal when event ends..

maybe sts giving everyone a chance to get pendant before expansion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Zeus, Im happy too. Sorry that you couldnt loot a foosil. Personally, ive done at least 120+ normal runs by now. With over 250 runs of the latest infused arena drops, i can proudly say i did farm'd and so did the community. I felt this was back in the day when anyone could acquire any gear by means of farming. I know i have personally rage'd alot. But it seems the hardwork ive put into, pay'd back. So as for the other "lucky ones" and hardworkin ones. I literally spent all day in class secretly gaming and sometimes even 4hours until midnight. Ive opened 100 by 100. I opened around 200 chests, i got fed up, and the event was coming to an end. I decided i'll just record it and for the sake of looting gems i opened them. I didnt even care, i never realized i loot'd a fossil. I was like, oh what the flip, am i dreaming? -.-

To be honest Zeus, this is how the game was earlier, you are an S1 player too :P so you must be knowing what i iz tahkeeing bout. I was so happy that after years of hardwork, at least i didnt have to solo to get the forsaken loot. (i always solo a map if i can get something valueable, only under circumstances). I even did about 15 runs of SOLO in arena, which was tough, bu i somehow kie'd and got those arena chests. I even saw 10 recipe drops for my guildies, which was literally HEARTBREAKING. I farmed with ral, nab haz done 500+ runs already and loot'd a recipe. IDK if he haz looted anything like a fossil. But i would like to...

Thank my guildies and friends who have helped me reach a bonus 35m, special thanks to enigmatic & friends like luminux. Thanks to ralchior, candy & fade for taking my fossil and giving me a nekro egg @.@ aarchane(#buddies) attitude (luck powder worked lol).

I dont have much to say...but thank you STG for this event. Hardwork really payed off. And i wish good luck to all those who are working at their best to get a recipe/fossil/rein gems.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    This event was by far THE best event I've ever got to enjoy in AL. No, I did not loot a fossil but many around me did and I am happy for them. The best part? It still cost plat in the form of ankhs but at least now, free players could compete.

Now, if they could only let this remain or slightly lower odds as well as bring some class combos into AL so warriors will be allowed in party, I don't think I'll have any complaints about the game in the near future!
    I totally disagree with you on this. I worked my butt off bro and I got nothing to show for it. Gratz to those who got it. But this whole loot table needs to be revisited. You get people whole loot 2 fossils in one chest is wack. You get those who loot on 10 to 20 runs. Then you get the others who have hundreds of runs and got nothing but epics and reinforced gems that brings you nothing for profit. I mean the cost to run the arena versus what you gain is totally lopsided. I don't disagree with you often but this is one of these times.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

The only thing I didn't like was that now nearly every good rogue has Nekro. It was OP enough before, but because of the few owners, it wasn't that bad; now? You literally see one every game lol.

Tarlok event was and will always be my favorite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    Zeus, Im happy too. Sorry that you couldnt loot a foosil. Personally, ive done at least 120+ normal runs by now. With over 250 runs of the latest infused arena drops, i can proudly say i did farm'd and so did the community. I felt this was back in the day when anyone could acquire any gear by means of farming. I know i have personally rage'd alot. But it seems the hardwork ive put into, pay'd back. So as for the other "lucky ones" and hardworkin ones. I literally spent all day in class secretly gaming and sometimes even 4hours until midnight. Ive opened 100 by 100. I opened around 200 chests, i got fed up, and the event was coming to an end. I decided i'll just record it and for the sake of looting gems i opened them. I didnt even care, i never realized i loot'd a fossil. I was like, oh what the flip, am i dreaming? -.-

To be honest Zeus, this is how the game was earlier, you are an S1 player too :P so you must be knowing what i iz tahkeeing bout. I was so happy that after years of hardwork, at least i didnt have to solo to get the forsaken loot. (i always solo a map if i can get something valueable, only under circumstances). I even did about 15 runs of SOLO in arena, which was tough, bu i somehow kie'd and got those arena chests. I even saw 10 recipe drops for my guildies, which was literally HEARTBREAKING. I farmed with ral, nab haz done 500+ runs already and loot'd a recipe. IDK if he haz looted anything like a fossil. But i would like to...

Thank my guildies and friends who have helped me reach a bonus 35m, special thanks to enigmatic & friends like luminux. Thanks to ralchior, candy & fade for taking my fossil and giving me a nekro egg @.@ aarchane(#buddies) attitude (luck powder worked lol).

I dont have much to say...but thank you STG for this event. Hardwork really payed off. And i wish good luck to all those who are working at their best to get a recipe/fossil/rein gems.
    No fossil looted, and I'm fairly positive it's not on my loot table XD
    #WhosRalAnyways??
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    No fossil looted, and I'm fairly positive it's not on my loot table XD
    #WhosRalAnyways??
    ral is my dad. papa ral ;>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Worst event for me.
    Neither did recipe dropped, nor any fossil for me.
    Maybe its time arena tokens to be introduced!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

And yet another thread about RNG, i hope devs realise problem is real. its great that reciepe and fossils are finally drropping. But after 300 runs this week, seeing 8 recipe and 2 fossils drop and much more grinding before, idk what i need to do to see a reciepe. i accept some ppl are going to get lucky some of the time, but just some getting lucky all the time and some getting absolutely nothing is just not on, its simply not random then. So many good players have quit because of this.It should be a hint enough that its bad for business . So even if RNG element is to stay, its time it got revamped, make it random for real.
    Last edited by barristen; 05-14-2015 at 04:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I know, that in game is all "luck based", but I got about 1k runs, know a lot of ppl with similar count and me personally didnt loot recipe neither fossil...:-)
    And I know ppl with less than 50 runs and now loot fossil..:-) I know, I know, it is all about luck, but it is so frustrating to has so much runs and nearly nothing from it (gems are now almost prizeless).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sverdysiuss For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Worst event for me.
    Neither did recipe dropped, nor any fossil for me.
    Maybe its time arena tokens to be introduced!
    As it was for me also. I didn't loot either. Now that I'm nearly broke from this fiasco with nothing to show for my hardwork and the goblin event is next. How am I supposed to be motivated to partake in this event?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

It would be nice to keep current luck system, plus a bonus:

A quest that allows us to get a fossil for every 1000 runs.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kixkaxx For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    It would be nice to keep current luck system, plus a bonus:

A quest that allows us to get a fossil for every 1000 runs.
    No offense but with this current luck system sounds like your a lock popper. However I do agree with the 1,000 runs for a fossil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

1000 runs is too little. If I run arena for 1000 runs at 5 min a run including in between the runs, that's less than 85 running hours to get a fossil. At 3 hrs/day, thats less than a month. At blistering event type speed, it is easily less than 2 weeks. It should be 2000-3000 runs and untradable. The reason I say untradable, it because it would put the well geared so far ahead of the legendary or even mythic players to get this thing. I'm only talking about rogues too. By the time a tank got a fossil, some of us could have 3 or 4. I considered a different amount of runs for tank, mage and rogue but there are so many gear levels of each in their respective classes, it's too difficult to separate.

There was a post somewhere else about slowly increasing your luck percentage per arena run to a point. Great idea but seemingly so difficult to implement.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

total 700+ arena from me"200 is 2x luck". 0 fossil, 0 recipe. yes hard to believe ppl in my team geting so many recipe, atleast some recipes could give me motivation.

maybe fossil is bad idea from runs, but i think it should 100-200 run = 1 recipe.

rn i am not happy all my works gone for nothing.

"was funy to play a while, but than fun is over"

i hate pure luck system. thats why planar was good. if i run 20 time in t3 if i am bad lucky to drops, still i can buy 1 chest with 40 token... so its still a motivation. Done on arena, done on pure lucky events.