Thread: Solutions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default Solutions

So, in recent months and especially in this last event; we have seen two absolutely major problems emerge :-
    Uselessness of tanks
    Luck system

On tanks, it is just not arena, but even pve where they are just not as useful. Yes, they may save a few ankhs but drastically reduce the speed of a run and tend to just be a burden
    And yes the last event vastly improved the abysmal arena luck, but the matter of 20runs-> fossil for one person and 600 runs-> not even recipe for other is still a huge issue.
    My tentative solutions are:-
    Tanks -> The various suggestions for skill buffs have been ignored, so i thought up a new way to circumvent this problem.
    Again the major problem is speed drop and not enough need for taunting and holding aggro. Also, there was a rumour a while back that when tanks enter a map, the armour of mobs is buffed. This gave me a very effective idea.
    Why not increase dmg a bit and decrease health/armour of mobs a bit more substantially when a tank joins? This does the dual job of making runs slightly faster due to low health but the effect being neutralized due to low warrior dmg and makes taunts a bit more needed with am increased mob damage ( not too much so no one ignores wars)
    Acclimatizing of mobs to the party class balance good go a long way in making everyone more equally useful. The same could be applied to a mage, where the dmg and hp goes down but mob density increases slightly.
    Thus 2wars 2 mages will still have a different kind of run than a 1w 1m 2r but the the difference will be much less, since the enemies faced will be tweaked differently for different classes
    Also, one-hitting of atleast full legendary boss should not be possible. This greatly increases an imbalance. Whats the use of a warrior if he can be one hit just like a rogue or tank

Luck:-
    The problem ofcourse is the complete unpredictability of the drop. You can drop at 1 or at 600. Of course removing luck will make the game much less fun;
    x number of runs gives you 'y' if applied for all gears can get boring quickly. A simpler solution could be -
    Incrementing luck percentage with runs
    For An example, ASSUME there is 1/1000 chance of looting a recipe when you begin.
    Instead of this remaining the same throughout , it could be stepped up to
    1/900 runs after say a 100-200 runs
    Another increment to 1/800 after a total of 300-400 runs.
    Thus this makes it so that theoretically you will loot it after a certain number of runs. While you can still loot it at 1st run, the chances will be significantly greater after the 100th or 500th run ( ofcourse this would reset and there would be seperate counters for the loots i.e. looting recipe wont reset fossil counter)
    Any feedback would be well appreciated

2. The Following User Says Thank You to merch_master For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

+1 for that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

+1 to this.I think this shuld be implemented into game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The luck idea seems to have potential although some people might start whining about it. So maybe there should be a new item what could be only obtained through hard work and the new thing should have a value, which makes people want it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trikzy View Post
    The luck idea seems to have potential although some people might start whining about it. So maybe there should be a new item what could be only obtained through hard work and the new thing should have a value, which makes people want it.
    Hard work items are a must, i agree. But everything cant be based on hard work , arcane stuff like fossil should never be completely farmable, nor so completely based on luck.
    This provides a compromise between two. You need BOTH luck and farming. More farming, less luck need and if you have good luck, then you womt hav to farm as much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    Hard work items are a must, i agree. But everything cant be based on hard work , arcane stuff like fossil should never be completely farmable, nor so completely based on luck.
    This provides a compromise between two. You need BOTH luck and farming. More farming, less luck need and if you have good luck, then you womt hav to farm as much
    One or two high-value-items-only-obtainable through hard work are enough. This gives the poor end-gamers and new players a goal to work for and get alot of money for it. Then the luck system can stay the way it currently is because there are peopls who either do not want or cant afford to be pay-to-win type they could rely on grinding for that item and eventually enjoy the fruits of the labour

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

One or two high-value-items-only-obtainable through hard work are enough. This gives the poor end-gamers and new players a goal to work for and get alot of money for it. Then the luck system can stay the way it currently is because there are peopls who either do not want or cant afford to be pay-to-win type they could rely on grinding for that item and eventually enjoy the fruits of the labour
    Wait, thats exactly what im saying o.0
    Chance for everyone, better for hard workers
    Im confused, are you agreeing or disagreeing with my point?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Wait, thats exactly what im saying o.0
    Chance for everyone, better for hard workers
    Im confused, are you agreeing or disagreeing with my point?
    Im agreeing that there should be few of those hard work items and then let the luck system stay the way it is or if STS isnt going to do so, change the luck system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Im agreeing that there should be few of those hard work items and then let the luck system stay the way it is or if STS isnt going to do so, change the luck system
    Seriously? Luck system be as it is? O.o
    Bro, i know people who has run almost 1000 runs with nothing to show for it, and a nab buddy who looted fossil in 3rd run and literally sold it for 3m !!!
    Does this seem in anyway fair?
    Is it that i should not have ANYTHING to show for my 300 odd runs? Atleast an improved luck would be some kind of appeasement. Should my chances after half a thousand runs be same as during my first run? I think not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I suggested this a few months back

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Nice idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    I suggested this a few months back
    Both ideas? Well more people suggesting it the better, wasn't around forums back then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Seriously? Luck system be as it is? O.o
    Bro, i know people who has run almost 1000 runs with nothing to show for it, and a nab buddy who looted fossil in 3rd run and literally sold it for 3m !!!
    Does this seem in anyway fair?
    Is it that i should not have ANYTHING to show for my 300 odd runs? Atleast an improved luck would be some kind of appeasement. Should my chances after half a thousand runs be same as during my first run? I think not
    I meant that if STS adds some new obtainable-only-through-hard-work thingy then the luck system can be as it is and if STS isnt going to do this or some alternative thing, then STS should change the luck system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

+1 for the whole thread!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Solutions

The thing about this game is that it's always a race to items. The first there will reap the most rewards. It's why luck is important. That's why making all items farmable for a set number of runs isn't a good idea. If it takes the op parties 3.5-4.5 minutes an arena run and a legendary party 7-9 mins, assuming we play the same amount of time, all op players can literally loot 2 in the time of 1 for the other players. It won't be a good way to make gold. It would be a good way to get items.

Agree that the luck system could use some tweaking though.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    The thing about this game is that it's always a race to items. The first there will reap the most rewards. It's why luck is important. That's why making all items farmable for a set number of runs isn't a good idea. If it takes the op parties 3.5-4.5 minutes an arena run and a legendary party 7-9 mins, assuming we play the same amount of time, all op players can literally loot 2 in the time of 1 for the other players. It won't be a good way to make gold. It would be a good way to get items.

Agree that the luck system could use some tweaking though.
    Exactly, making everything farmable is a bore. Example lower mythics can be farmable, and arcanes luck based BUT amount of farming you do influencing luck is good, coz no one wants to get stuck in a 1000 run no loot rut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

+1 to this...im a warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The OP has a nice idea, but I can assure you that the programming of such a system would be a nightmare and would require a team of mathameticians, and would also exponentially increase the digital footprint and slow the speed of the game. I don't think such a system is within the realistic capability of STG or a mobile game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The OP has a nice idea, but I can assure you that the programming of such a system would be a nightmare and would require a team of mathameticians, and would also exponentially increase the digital footprint and slow the speed of the game. I don't think such a system is within the realistic capability of STG or a mobile game.
    The class to mob relation yes, the luck as well? no i dont think so
    Incrementing the odds after 'x' number of runs *can be recorded behind the scenes just like points in tier system* and tweaking the odds system accordingly should be pretty straight forward