Thread: Is it considered fair to have 3 against 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default Is it considered fair to have 3 against 1

I'm new to this area of the game, But having completed all the quest and reached level 56 Last night I tried a couple games, So I picked a team I spawn than 3 people kill me before I even look down.
    I was just wondering how much fun that was? Answer is none!
    I have people hitting the laugh button on the emote and telling me I've been owned.
    One guy killed me 8 times in a row and when I got up he said "give me a break."
    There is a skill to this that is different then playing the game.
    The funny thing is I cought on fast and beat him 8 times in a row and I couldn't help myself,I said you're not so tough now.
    He left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

it is annoying lol, but the best way to beat a team is to make a team. those people that go solo against a full team are just asking for a death. they either are good and plan on at east taking out the main player, or are just dumb lol.

the laugh emote could be this: you hit a barrel with a spell and get another player hurt. it automatically makes you laugh, saw it earlier today.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

When I joined we picked teams, Who would be dumb enough to try to go up against 3 people?
    They waited for me to pick a side first then the 3 of them went on the other team.
    I didn't stay long

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Lol I'm dumb Sometimes, you can beat all three... depends on who you are fighting. 3v1 against garbage players is hilarious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    Lol I'm dumb Sometimes, you can beat all three... depends on who you are fighting. 3v1 against garbage players is hilarious.
    It is fun to annihilate them in a 3v1. They're so speechless or come up with some excuse blaming it on their connection or the game, never themselves.

If you do find yourself in that particular situation again, use your surroundings like trees and walls/corners, and your given push-back skill (for a mage, fire storm, bear stomp, bird repulse, etc). I usually kill the birds first, ignore the bears, since they deal little damage and could potentially stomp you away a safe distance, mages second.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

When 3 vs 1 occurs, I ask for one of them of them to switch team, and if time goes by and none of them answer. I just leave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersteak View Post
    When 3 vs 1 occurs, I ask for one of them of them to switch team, and if time goes by and none of them answer. I just leave
    Doesn't that give you a death? Then again, that is better than getting 10, ha ha.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

i 3 v 1 all the time O.o
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Doesn't that give you a death? Then again, that is better than getting 10, ha ha.
    only if you have been in combat in at least 10 seconds since.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

What bugs me is this:

I enter a game and I'm against 2 good players. It's fine now; you can't split a player in half. But then a 4th player comes. I think, Oh good, this will even out the game, and using team strategy is more fun too!

Then... they join the other team who's already up a man. I most likely won't respawn after that and make a comment regarding their lack of honor, usually trying to be frank as opposed to flaming. It might sound cheesy, but there's no glory in joining a game with the advantage. Even though I'm not the most pro at pvp, I try to join the underdog team for a challange.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    What bugs me is this:

I enter a game and I'm against 2 good players. It's fine now; you can't split a player in half. But then a 4th player comes. I think, Oh good, this will even out the game, and using team strategy is more fun too!

Then... they join the other team who's already up a man. I most likely won't respawn after that and make a comment regarding their lack of honor, usually trying to be frank as opposed to flaming. It might sound cheesy, but there's no glory in joining a game with the advantage. Even though I'm not the most pro at pvp, I try to join the underdog team for a challange.
    We have exactly the same outlook in PVP. One of my friends even got mad because I joined the other team and not hers.

Some people just have no honor, maybe fixated on winning and losing at most or their score. And when you give them a lick about honor, they just say "noob" or some other unintelligible remark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This happens all the time, but don't let it discourage you. At least once a day for me 3 "twinks" of the same level dogpile me, I kill them all, and after they rushed me again with me lacking buffs I die. You can imagine the insults that flew after that, saying "you suck" or "owned" when I previously just took 3 of them at a time. Some people just don't get it. Not to say leave if you are disadvantaged, but when it's 3v1 and you get people like that, simply leave and find another game, or come back with a friend and spread them out like mustard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I rock at 3v1... they can't ever catch me and hours later they just leave. Running away and crying emote FTW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My favorite pvp stories come from 2 and 3 on 1. Last night I joined a match with my lvl 20 think and two guys were beating up on this one guy. One was lvl 23 and a lvl 21. The guy getting killed left and they came after me. The first time I killed them both it was" lag". The second time I beat them they asked my lvl. The third time they left
    Charmonda: He started dancing on me and so I started dancing on him. You now how we do:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

lmao 3 on 1 can be fun, especially if your a lower lvl who has skills enough to stomp an upper lol. as others said the lag excuse is the best one. I try to be fair to players joining, and announce 1vs1.. yet still if you are a mage and stand near by to watch the pvp action the looser screams noob and dont help the player not fair.....lmao standing there not attached and not using skills.... errr well the plain truth that player got owned.

in general though if you join a room three on one side none on the other, just wait and see if someone joins before you choose your team, if no ones joins find a new match asking people to switch sides is a good idea but sometimes, pvp teams are just that teams of people who refuse to fight their friends..
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I went 3v1... I died couple of times against the main... The thing is the Mage didn't know how to heal. The others were noobs, so I would kill the main sometimes and then kill all of the noobs, which gave me more kills. I ended up winning

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It'd be nice if we can have option to allow PL to sort players fairly, first by sorting into even number teams (or close to it), and then secondly sorting (or make it an option) by fairness- i.e. by D/K ratios.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I love 3v1 even if they have a guy who is better than me on the team. Just hit the guys who are like 2 hit kills and get killed by the main guy. Or just go in there and fight like crazy. Also you could run into the center of the group and spread them out that works too.
    Forget California girls, Joysey girls are where it's at!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

make sure there always fair fight with same level and good sets if not there not really fair fights and yes it always depends on who u fight and always have fun and remember to try to make it a good experince for the beggininers who dont know how to pvp and no foul language or put downs. have fun in PL

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space