Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major Pain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Major Pain

...'Twas then, that I realized that in the thick of the on-slaught, we were two troops down.
    Why?
    Connection had been lost.

Lag-spikes, during the influx of goblins lead to an increasingly difficult boss fight,
    unfortunately.

For one reason or another, Payne seemed worse than Gore-blin.
    The Littleridge Bonus boss.

My main concern was the difficulty of the boss:

I noticed something unusual had occured - which wasn't the case yesterday.

Major Payne had been using a special attack every 3 seconds or so, while oozing green nuclear poison pools in great numbers.
    It wasn't long before the whole floor looked like the inner tunnels of ones nasal passages.
    Everyone knows it blocks your movement.
    Which was the main tissue
    Bad puns, sorry

Anyway, Major Payne was using this attack to kill in 1 to 2 hits minimum.

Was this intentional? was there a hidden update?
    A few questions came to mind with very few answers.
    Which is why I decided to discuss it here for some clarification.

I'm not saying it's impossible.
    There may have been factors which affected the difficulty of the boss which i'm unaware of.
    It was fine yesterday, however -
    What changed in-game from yesterday to today?

No strategy was required and seemed unreasonable to defeat him without splashing out on Ankhs, elixirs and other combat enhancing items...

If the boss does scale,
    It brings me to another solution, which has been suggested before in other threads: Go solo.

It's just a shame we feel we have to run solo in a multiplayer game just to improve gameplay throughout the course of the event.

Not an enjoyable experience.

- Deathdor
    Last edited by Deathdor; 05-18-2015 at 07:33 AM.
    "...In the end, only Death remains"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathdor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  106.1 KB

- Reserved -
    Last edited by Deathdor; 05-18-2015 at 08:16 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deathdor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Running him in a party means you have almost no control where he moves to because he can switch from one player to another.
    If you run in party and all of you have cleansing stone you could try to stay all in one point by some wall and don't move at all. This way he will be on a melee range but outside of spawned pools.

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdor View Post
    ...'Twas then, that I realized that in the thick of the on-slaught, we were two troops down.
    Why?
    Connection had been lost.

Lag-spikes, during the influx of goblins lead to an increasingly difficult boss fight,
    unfortunately.

For one reason or another, Payne seemed worse than Gore-blin.
    The Littleridge Bonus boss.

My main concern was the difficulty of the boss:

I noticed something unusual had occured - which wasn't the case yesterday.

Major Payne had been using a special attack every 3 seconds or so, while oozing green nuclear poison pools in great numbers.
    It wasn't long before the whole floor looked like the inner tunnels of ones nasal passages.
    Everyone knows it blocks your movement.
    Which was the main tissue
    Bad puns, sorry

Anyway, Major Payne was using this attack to kill in 1 to 2 hits minimum.

Was this intentional? was there a hidden update?
    A few questions came to mind with very few answers.
    Which is why I decided to discuss it here for some clarification.

I'm not saying it's impossible.
    There may have been factors which affected the difficulty of the boss which i'm unaware of.
    It was fine yesterday, however -
    What changed in-game from yesterday to today?

No strategy was required and seemed unreasonable to defeat him without splashing out on Ankhs, elixirs and other combat enhancing items...

If the boss does scale,
    It brings me to another solution, which has been suggested before in other threads: Go solo.

It's just a shame we feel we have to run solo in a multiplayer game just to improve gameplay throughout the course of the event.

Not an enjoyable experience.

- Deathdor
    The boss indeed was much harder today, his HP was less... but his attacks would take away a lot of hp :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Give me some things, poor now, naoranavy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    The boss indeed was much harder today, his HP was less... but his attacks would take away a lot of hp
    Agreed. His Attacks takes away a lot of HP He's worst than a Rogue lol .. Whenever I enter PvP .. Rogues can only crit me 3.8k-4.2k but this boss is incredible.. He actually did 4.8k crit to me O.o Srsly , Is he using Super Aimed Shot ?

And Also sometimes .. His Poison Pools stacks and not fading .. So He regens too fast .. My friend counted the poison pools he made it was 13. So we just decided to Leave the Zone cuz we r just wasting Gold and Pots for a Terrible Glitched Boss :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Everything seems to hit harder for me. I was in wt4 farming energies solo, but i kept dying after my pulls. I use the same pull each day before and i didnt have ne problem with it and finish the map in about 4-5 mins. Now i either find myself pot spamming like i was in an elite map tonlive or die a few times and finish about 7-10. I could be wrong tho, but ywsterday was definitely a different experience for me.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Maybe everything is being scaled to level 46. Expansion is coming @.@

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Maybe everything is being scaled to level 46. Expansion is coming @.@
    That wouldn't happen unless you're level 46 or else now for example level 36 would have the mobs scaled to level 41 doesn't make sense right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    Everything seems to hit harder for me. I was in wt4 farming energies solo, but i kept dying after my pulls. I use the same pull each day before and i didnt have ne problem with it and finish the map in about 4-5 mins. Now i either find myself pot spamming like i was in an elite map tonlive or die a few times and finish about 7-10. I could be wrong tho, but ywsterday was definitely a different experience for me.
    And yes I have also been curious of what happened with wt4 if I go to the right side and pull 4 witches or whatever those things are I get instant killed, ofc I use my shield and have invulnerability but it's hard to hit them while they're in the middle of 4 mobs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magegrimm View Post
    That wouldn't happen unless you're level 46 or else now for example level 36 would have the mobs scaled to level 41 doesn't make sense right
    Agreed.
    I think the same issue applies to players of all levels.
    Expansion isn't here yet and neither are level 46 players :)

Well, if I were to hazard a guess based on my experience from the start date of this thread -
    I'd assume, if anything had been scaled, it would've been down to the number of party members when initially entering the portal.
    Difficulty may have been scaled to 4 party members then remained the same, despite there only being 2 members left.

Since then, I've entered with a party of 2, 3 and 4 and seen no difference in the difficulty of Major Payne.
    Still the same case, so in my book, that's ruled out.

Just wondering what excatly changed...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intruders View Post
    Running him in a party means you have almost no control where he moves to because he can switch from one player to another.
    If you run in party and all of you have cleansing stone you could try to stay all in one point by some wall and don't move at all. This way he will be on a melee range but outside of spawned pools.
    I fully agree.
    It's especially diffcult for warriors who have to fight at close range.
    long-ranged classes have the freedom of moving around.
    This however, can backfire on the party as a whole if all players are scattered.
    Got to play it wise with a strategy, like the one you've suggested.

My concern however, is the number of and duration of the pools that've been spawned, as well as the bosses red-zone special attack. Occurs far too frequently - Unlike at the start of the event.
    I do appreciate your advice and I'll bare that in mind :)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  508.0 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magegrimm
    And yes I have also been curious of what happened with wt4 if I go to the right side and pull 4 witches or whatever those things are I get instant killed, ofc I use my shield and have invulnerability but it's hard to hit them while they're in the middle of 4 mobs
    That's strange.
    Could it be related to the Goblin Invasion update?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    I'm also curious to know what changed, if there were any changes.
    Maybe it's something that could be looked into, hopefully.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Helena long lost grandpa?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdor View Post
    That's strange.
    Could it be related to the Goblin Invasion update?

I'm also curious to know what changed, if there were any changes.
    Maybe it's something that could be looked into, hopefully.
    No actually it's even before the event started, it's like someone made them harder although this is only speculation right now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

This boss is SUPER easy compared to Hellena just posting the warnings about this devil

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Payne has a critical attack - his red cone attack. Stay out of that.

Also, OMG, what the hell is with all those poison pools all over the place? Be neater about placing those pools! You should be able to limit him to 3-4 spots of green.

For warriors, if you have to, let him spawn a pool 1st, on the outer edge of the area. Then run in, hit him a couple times and back up again, either back to where the 1st pool is or right next to it. You can stay longer next to him if you manage to stun him, but when he comes out of stun, you better be standing away.

Payne moves in a direct line from himself to his target. So if you make a mistake and he shoots a pool (red circle) on himself, immediately move in such a way that he moves away from the center of the pool. The round red zone covers a much bigger area than the actual pool. If you get him away before the poison pool actually spawns, he won't heal.

After a bit of practice, you should be able to 100% keep him away from his pools and be able to have a minimal amount of ground space covered by Payne's poison pools. Also, if anyone is using Nilbog, you will have to remember where Payne's poison pools are vs Nilbog's. If Payne is shooting his pools towards the edge of the area, then all the poison pools in the center area are Nilbogs. Also, Nilbog's pools don't last very long.

I really hate seeing a messy Payne group. People really like his poison pools or something? Or maybe they just love him so much that they want him to hang around longer?
    Last edited by Fyrce; 05-19-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Payne has a critical attack - his red cone attack. Stay out of that.

Also, OMG, what the hell is with all those poison pools all over the place? Be neater about placing those pools! You should be able to limit him to 3-4 spots of green.

For warriors, if you have to, let him spawn a pool 1st, on the outer edge of the area. Then run in, hit him a couple times and back up again, either back to where the 1st pool is or right next to it. You can stay longer next to him if you manage to stun him, but when he comes out of stun, you better be standing away.

Payne moves in a direct line from himself to his target. So if you make a mistake and he shoots a pool (red circle) on himself, immediately move in such a way that he moves away from the center of the pool. The round red zone covers a much bigger area than the actual pool. If you get him away before the poison pool actually spawns, he won't heal.

After a bit of practice, you should be able to 100% keep him away from his pools and be able to have a minimal amount of ground space covered by Payne's poison pools. Also, if anyone is using Nilbog, you will have to remember where Payne's poison pools are vs Nilbog's. If Payne is shooting his pools towards the edge of the area, then all the poison pools in the center area are Nilbogs. Also, Nilbog's pools don't last very long.

I really hate seeing a messy Payne group. People really like his poison pools or something? Or maybe they just love him so much that they want him to hang around longer?
    How would one find a "neat Payne group"?
    Every inch of ground is covered.
    The image you're looking at is of a player who has moved everywhere possible to avoid the seemingly permanent poison pools.
    That's my point.

Please read before posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathdor
    My concern however, is the number of and duration of the pools that've been spawned, as well as the bosses red-zone special attack. Occurs far too frequently - Unlike at the start of the event.
    I do appreciate your advice and I'll bare that in mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

His pools do not last forever.

The trick is to get his pools to be close to each other. If you have the cleansing stone, stand on his previous pools when he shoots a new pool. Sometimes it's fun to run from one side of him to the other, so you just have two pools of poison.

If you do not have the stone, then stand next to his previous pool, using the ENTIRE field. Notice how large the area is? If there is a narrow blank space between two pools, stand there. Minimize the amount of space covered by the poison pools.

Be sure to not go that far past the entrance point - his leash is not very long and you definitely do not want to reset him.

At lot of people seem to fight him in what I call "the dumb ape method" -- stand on him and just keep hitting him. This is where they get the idea that he has infinite hps and/or that you cannot damage him.

A group w/ enough damage can do this, though again, why let him heal? A low damage group would have problems.

BTW, even in a messy group, it's possible to "neaten" the poison pool drops a bit. Get his aggro and stand away. Lots of his pools will be away from the rest of your party.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 05-19-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

I find it easier to do in a group of 2-3 since the pool drops are more predictable with not much people moving around