Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major Pain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    His pools do not last forever.

The trick is to get his pools to be close to each other. If you have the cleansing stone, stand on his previous pools when he shoots a new pool. Sometimes it's fun to run from one side of him to the other, so you just have two pools of poison.

If you do not have the stone, then stand next to his previous pool, using the ENTIRE field. Notice how large the area is? If there is a narrow blank space between two pools, stand there. Minimize the amount of space covered by the poison pools.

Be sure to not go that far past the entrance point - his leash is not very long and you definitely do not want to reset him.

At lot of people seem to fight him in what I call "the dumb ape method" -- stand on him and just keep hitting him. This is where they get the idea that he has infinite hps and/or that you cannot damage him.

A group w/ enough damage can do this, though again, why let him heal? A low damage group would have problems.

BTW, even in a messy group, it's possible to "neaten" the poison pool drops a bit. Get his aggro and stand away. Lots of his pools will be away from the rest of your party.
    Preach!

I've yet to find one warrior that tries to do this with strategy other than trying to mash buttons harder (and I've killed that sucker almost 100 times). A warrior can reduce the kill time just by grabbing aggro and moving to distance at the right time. Axe Throw is a pretty good way of doing that, HoR too. You can even use charged CS to push him off the pulls (you could have that not-so-useful-for-anything-else upgrade spec'd just for event if you like staying close).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Don't use nilbog in attacking Payne I figured when I change my pet from nilbog to malison defeat him became much eaiser nilbog poison heal Payne too only this bos nilbog heals no other