Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rogue 10% rebuff Nerf? More like 25%

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

What I notice here is not many facta being shown. I got the pics at the top of this post. Look at soulcrusher and compare him to Ganku. Gankus is rocking top gear and an amzing pet. Soulcrusher is barely geared with just 1 para gem.. The difference in stats is STAGGERING!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theillist1 View Post
    What I notice here is not many facta being shown. I got the pics at the top of this post. Look at soulcrusher and compare him to Ganku. Gankus is rocking top gear and an amzing pet. Soulcrusher is barely geared with just 1 para gem.. The difference in stats is STAGGERING!!
    1) I explained to you in the very first post 2) That warrior is using buffs
    - (un) Retired -

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

You still can't den the fact that it isn't just a 10% debuff. Or are you just deflecting?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

You still can't den the fact that it isn't just a 10% debuff. Or are you just deflecting?
    It is a 10% debuff. No more, no less. If you wanna argue i'd be glad to show you the math again even though hail already did

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowz For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Go right ahead. Waist your breathe. Warriors arnt getting any debuff at all. Rogues get 10% from base and their pet... That's more than 10%. I wouldn't argue this if warriors/mages got the 10% pet debuff too.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Go right ahead. Waist your breathe. Warriors arnt getting any debuff at all. Rogues get 10% from base and their pet... That's more than 10%. I wouldn't argue this if warriors/mages got the 10% pet debuff too.
    They lose more than 10% of their dmg but its still only a 10% debuff. And do you wanna know why warriors and mages dont get debuffed? Cuz rogues still do twice as much dmg. No other class can hit nearly as hard as aimed shor. And guess what? Warriors even get a 5% buff in pvp. Stop conplaining about the most op class in the game

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Look... Your the one trying to sweep it under the rug. The fact is... I am right. Close thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I see no warrior debuff in PvP e.e...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Farminer's View Post

I see no warrior debuff in PvP e.e...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Its cause your pet gives +12% dmg.
    Only the highest buff gets applied so the general (5% I guess?) dmg buff is not visible and overridden by the pet boost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

So uhh....can sorcs get a buff or....?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Look... Your the one trying to sweep it under the rug. The fact is... I am right. Close thread.
    Lol no.. The fact is your wrong. Its a 10 percent debuff. No more, no less. Just because you lose more than 10% of ur dmg going from a town to pvp when you have a damage pet equipped doesnt mean the debuff is anymore than 10%. Learn how math works. And all these threads complaining about rogue dmg are absurd. Rogues still do far more damage than any other class even with the debuff applied. YOUR WRONG, rogues dont need debuff removed. Get over it. I played a rogue at lvl 17 for two years, rogues are definitely the strongest class.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

-10% from pet + -10% for PvP is -20%... No matter how u look at it. Let's forget that Nightshade makes it -27%.
    Last edited by Theillist1; 05-27-2015 at 07:09 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

-10% from pet + -10% for PvP is -20%... No matter how u look at it. Let's forget that Nightshade makes it -27%.
    Wrong lol. With nightshade ur dmg is essentially 117% of your base dmg. With a PVP DEBUFF OF 10 PERCENT your dmg is 90% of your base. (117-90)/117 = 23.07%. Your dmg decreases by 23% BUT ITS STILL ONLY A 10 PERCENT DEBUFF NOT 27 PERCENT. If it was a 27% debuff as you claim it to be then your dmg would decrease by 37.6%. Now stop making a fool out of yourself cuz your wrong. Its a 10% debuff. No more, no less.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

SMH keep up the RAGE FIT

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

SMH keep up the RAGE FIT
    Not raging at all. Pointing out your incompetence about a subject that everyone else on this thread understands except for you amuses me

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I think you are to ashamed to admit there is more than just 1 debuff on the rogue. Your wordplay doesn't phase me.
    Last edited by Theillist1; 05-27-2015 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

This made me laugh out loud. And I needed it. Thank you.

Oh, and it's 10% bud. Let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Actually I can see a bit of his point. He's raging mainly because he's losing his pet's dmg % too. He doesnt understand that debuffs take precedent over buffs. Even a 1% debuff can override a 100% buff. Its the game mechanics. Its a bit unfair,yes, that we're losing our pet's dmg % too. But rogues are still the highest damage dealers in PvP. And adding pet's dmg % would just let them 1 hit everything in their path. That cannot happen for obvious reasons. So yes, if you're equipping a pet that gives dmg %, it appears you're losing more than 10% dmg but in reality, it is only 10% and since its a debuff the pet's dmg % is nullified.

Hope you understand and keep your posts polite for your own sake.
    Last edited by Serillia; 05-28-2015 at 01:01 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Maybe some people should just put down the game and go get a doctorate in ALanomic's. But finally someone sees my frustration.
    Anyway. My philosophy is don't NERF. BUFF. You keep needing everything it destroys game ingenuity. Your taking AWAY from the fun. So, my only point for this whole thread was to point out that rogues are walking around with debuff that takes away from the enjoyment I signed up for.
    Instead of NERFing the rogue, buff the other classes. Like mage. Para Gem solved the main issue of rogue vs warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Bear in mind this is a player who has been playing for a very long time (unless it's now someone else controlling the toon... in which case I have no comment). The damage adjustments were introduced early in the game to compensate for the disparity in damage between the classes. It needs no further repeating that rogues (and thus by extensions the OP) have been kept under this nerf in PvP for a long time. The situation only came to light when STG decided to finally fix the display glitch that had been present since the start of the game- where any damage buffs from pets/weapons/skills were not displayed on our stats page. Only then did our damage suddenly become an issue because people suddenly noticed the difference in damage when in PvP and when standing in towns. Soon after though I recall that Madnex and Kalizzaa (among others) worked out the buff/debuff mechanics of the game and presented it to the entire forum community via a very detailed post of statistics, field tests and number crunching supported by logical and clear explanation.

The work that Kali and Mad have done is the reason why many of the people who replied to this thread are able to explain the mechanics to the OP here without much fuss. And I believe that their explanations were more than clear enough. The posts took on an exasperated tone because it was apparent that the OP simply did not understand the repeated attempts to explain the buff/debuff mechanics and instead brushed them off rather callously.

It is fair to defend his rage at the apparently flawed mechanics of the game. However you should also note that he was less than kind to people who disagreed with his views and offered a contrary (and in my opinion, much more accurate) explanation- and they were initially very polite about it. I would instead advise the OP to more carefully consider the posts made here in response to his and not be too quick to jump to the conclusion that he is always right.
    I agree. He is rude and he needs to stop doing that but he is very angry too. Even if the problem has a plausible explanation, still doesnt mean his anger will go away. And not everyone is capable of expressing their anger in a polite civil text message. To the OP, try to be polite and calm in your texts because then people will look at what you're saying carefully. Otherwise, it'll be just a source of amusement for everyone. Also, I cant fly :'(. Redbull lies!