Thread: Events popularity??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Default Events popularity??

I have always wondered why events have made me and most others play near 3 times the amount they normally do.
    The conclusion I usually come up with is the gold that you can make in these events or the items however the goblin event got me thinking otherwise.

I found about 50 players that I have never seen in my friends list and guild ask me for a portal run.
    Most of these players didn't get nightshade nor did they attempt to so i wondered why they were playing? The gold from the hoarded chests is surely not enough to all of a sudden go online and play quite actively.

On a slightly related but seemingly unrelated note I am going to high school and was debating is it time to retire from playing video games.(high school people pls gimme advice!!). I was not going to delete my account after all the work I put into it but was thinking of only picking up the game once a month or during holidays. Then i got to thinking, if I was able to have 10 minutes of gaming time a day, would I still play arcane legends? The simple answer was no and has led me to wondering if I should quit AL right here and move to CoC?

^^ That is where I found my answer. I believe that the popularity from events isn't just the reward, but the time that is spent in the maps. You can spend 15 CASUAL minutes and walk away with 30+ tokens almost guaranteed with legendary equips!! These same legendary players would spend 15 minutes or more in planar tomb 1 and most likely walk away with 1 fragment.

I hope devs learn from this and apply a similar concept in regular maps.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caabatric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Well said lil friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

If there are profits, it gonna get popular.
    Also remember the last mini events egg, lovecraft events!
    People played them for their life aswel.
    I can imagine another successful mini events like those, flower circlet was awesome too.

I hope to get a mini event before the expansion come to increase my golds in stash just to get ready foe the new level cap!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    I have always wondered why events have made me and most others play near 3 times the amount they normally do.
    The conclusion I usually come up with is the gold that you can make in these events or the items however the goblin event got me thinking otherwise.

I found about 50 players that I have never seen in my friends list and guild ask me for a portal run.
    Most of these players didn't get nightshade nor did they attempt to so i wondered why they were playing? The gold from the hoarded chests is surely not enough to all of a sudden go online and play quite actively.

On a slightly related but seemingly unrelated note I am going to high school and was debating is it time to retire from playing video games.(high school people pls gimme advice!!). I was not going to delete my account after all the work I put into it but was thinking of only picking up the game once a month or during holidays. Then i got to thinking, if I was able to have 10 minutes of gaming time a day, would I still play arcane legends? The simple answer was no and has led me to wondering if I should quit AL right here and move to CoC?

^^ That is where I found my answer. I believe that the popularity from events isn't just the reward, but the time that is spent in the maps. You can spend 15 CASUAL minutes and walk away with 30+ tokens almost guaranteed with legendary equips!! These same legendary players would spend 15 minutes or more in planar tomb 1 and most likely walk away with 1 fragment.

I hope devs learn from this and apply a similar concept in regular maps.
    Mostly its something new. And new is always better (unless you're neophobic ). It also, like you said, presents a way for less rich players to make easy money.

On whether you should give up AL, I'd say you should just reduce your gaming time to perhaps once or twice a week (like on weekends). Education > Pixels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I agree, in events, the time played vs rewards is 100x better than normal gameplay.